Utnayan backlog challenge: part 2 ends Jan 31

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100% agree and I’m a completionist. This is about knocking out games you wouldn’t bother playing just to clear the cobwebs.

I would rather you guys beat these games with a complete in easy mode than never play.
Far Cry 6 is my next game. Set the rules up and I’ll do this months $100 winner. You guys decide how to do it raffle + entries for games is nice.

$50 steam / Xbox / PS4 code for a raffle with completed games adding extra raffle entries and a separate $50 raffle for anyone that posted a one complete game over 8 hours?

Something like that? We can fine tune next month

Winner take all IMO, half the prize going to a random person seems more like a participation trophy. Or if you want it to not be winner take all to encourage more participation (especially if one person pulls way ahead early), do 2nd and 3rd place prizes. 1st 50, 2nd 30, 3rd 20. Something like that.

I'm also much more in favor of a hard points system than a raffle system...but honestly a raffle system will probably get better participation. Either way it'll be weird if someone who is otherwise in like 9th place ends up winning one or both prizes. Or if they're separate, maybe someone in 12th wins the second one. I just think points are the way to go.

I think I misunderstood Crone Crone post. So what you're saying is we shouldn't count plats for games we dug up just to plat? That's okay with me, it's just a thought that plats could be a second level of points for people who want to put in more work on a particular game. If we're just going for beating games, it'll help us clear them out quicker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds fine. Can 1 person win both?

What category are the "How Long to Beat" hours adding towards?
We’ll keep it casual and simple this month. I just want to get the ball rolling and then we can perfect the system next month.

Rules
Only one winner per raffle this time so we will have 2 winners and see how that goes. The contest will begin today December 30th 2:00 am EST and end Jan 31st 12:00 am EST.

Raffle 1 $50 steam/PlayStation/Xbox gift card

This one will be for games completed above 3 hour completions on the website www.howlongtobeat.com.

Each completion is a entry of your name in the raffle. If you complete 8 games you get 8 entries.

Raffle 2 -$50 Xbox/PlayStation/Steam gift card
The other winner will be a randomly selected single entry from this thread. It’s based upon thread participation. To enter you must have posted one complete game of over 3 hours in length before 12:00 am Jan 31st. EST .

please post your games with a screenshot of the time stamp and date of completion. Also please add this completed pic that is it! Thanks and good luck!

1640848449583.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I beat halo infinite and moved on to Far Cry6. I loaded up RDR and RDR2 in case others hop on with Crone Crone and I.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My initial targets are relatively short with one exception, all are in some state of in progress. Looking forward to checking these off:

Spider-Man (PS5)
Bright Memory: Infinite
Dying Light
Halo Infinite

AC Valhalla probably my unrealistic white whale this month, have way too far to go to make it a goal, but it's a game I've started picking away at a bit. Especially if the next phase of WoW Classic launches by the end of January.

• 1Like

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Here’s my todo list for this

Doom Eternal
Vampyre
Alien isolation
Dishonored
Bloodstained ritual of the

Long term:
Witcher 2
Witcher 3 Blood & Wine

I finished Death Stranding a day late of the last challenge.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Remember that Hentai Vs. Evil game I picked up with the last few bucks from the last challenge? The graphics are surprisingly good so I thought maybe I was in for a real game. Then I checked this...

1640907734589.png

...22 minutes? The game is $9.99.

Da. Fuq.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember that Hentai Vs. Evil game I picked up with the last few bucks from the last challenge? The graphics are surprisingly good so I thought maybe I was in for a real game. Then I checked this...

View attachment 390376
...22 minutes? The game is $9.99.

Da. Fuq.
I got 26k gamescore just this month. Too be fair most of it was sitting in the hospital. I’m glad we redefined the game length lol. Achievement hunters would crush this shit.

Edit :

Amod Amod can you Change the title to Utnayan Utnayan

Utnayan Backlog Challenge - Gift Cards for Two Winners - Ends Jan 31st​

Utnayan Utnayan or Amod Amod can you add the updated rules to the thread starter for round 2?

updated rules are here:

Rules
Only one winner per raffle this time so we will have 2 winners and see how that goes. The contest will begin today December 30th 2:00 am EST and end Jan 31st 12:00 am EST.

Raffle 1 $50 steam/PlayStation/Xbox gift card

This one will be for games completed above 3 hour completions on the website www.howlongtobeat.com.

Each completion is a single entry of your name into the raffle. If you complete 8 games you get 8 entries.

Raffle 2 -$50 Xbox/PlayStation/Steam gift card
The other winner will be a randomly selected single entry from this thread. It’s based upon thread participation. To enter you must have posted one complete game of over 3 hours in length before 12:00 am Jan 31st. EST .

Please post your games with a screenshot of the time stamp and date of completion. Also please add this completed pic that is it! Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I got 26k gamescore just this month. Too be fair most of it was sitting in the hospital. I’m glad we redefined the game length lol. Achievement hunters would crush this shit.

Edit :

Amod Amod can you Change the title to Utnayan Utnayan

Utnayan Backlog Challenge - Gift Cards for Two Winners - Ends Jan 31st​

Utnayan Utnayan or Amod Amod can you add the updated rules to the thread starter for round 2?

updated rules are here:

I'm glad your dad is doing better.

I spent a good portion of the Mischief launch group in a hospital because my mom had an allergic reaction to something and needed for me to go get her. So for many hours I was in the hospital playing on a laptop with poor reception, and that's after ducking out a bunch of times. My launch group wasn't thrilled with me and it was poor timing, for sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Revisiting my shot-calling here. I have zero free time until Monday so I want to hit the ground running when I can.

Switch:
-FNAF5 (not long enough)

PS4/5:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Rez Infinite (not long enough)
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil 2

Wii U
-Monster Hunter 3 (way too long)
-Wave Race 64
-Mario 64 DS

3DS
-Spirit Tracks

Wii
-Super Paper Mario

Thinking of adding Gravity Rush 2, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, and Ys: Memories of Celceta to replace the omitted 3.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm bummed I beat Farcry 6 like a day after the other contest ended. :(

But I'm cranking on Metro 2033 Redux, so I guess I'll get one on the board this month!

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would be cool to keep this going. Thread is good motivation to clear backlog.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
1641089287741.png

1641089489442.png

Have had this game since 2015 so pretty good to get it done finally.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amod Amod can someone change the title thread to “@Utnayan Challenge Part 2 ends Jan 31” or something.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Just an FYI, Utnayan Utnayan is going to be out of town this week, as he conducts airstrikes on innocents from the cockpit of his F16