Utnayan backlog challenge: part 2 ends Jan 31

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How about a new thread so there's a clean break each time? Make one and I'll sticky it.
Ok just because it’s started we’ll keep this one going and next challenge we can make new thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hello from Antigua sandals resort! Just ordered breakfast and mimosas and after that going to the pool bar - already made 30 friends to drink with allllll day long. It’s heaven here! Booze EVERYWHERE you look!

Carry on my wayward sons!

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also tha
Hello from Antigua sandals resort! Just ordered breakfast and mimosas and after that going to the pool bar - already made 30 friends to drink with allllll day long. It’s heaven here! Booze EVERYWHERE you look!

Carry on my wayward sons!
Also, thanks Erronius Erronius for the games buddy!!!!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Revised my list a bit of things I want to get to. So I'm gonna just grab things off of here for the contest. Don't know where to start. Probably the REs and then roll a die for the next one.

Breath of Fire 4 (PS1)
Deus Ex Human Revolution (PS3)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Samurai Warriors 5
Modern Warfare
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (100%)
Jedi Fallen Order
Resident Evil Remastered
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Parasite Eve 2 (PS1)
Wave Race 64 (Wii U)
Mario 64 DS (Wii U)
Spirit Tracks (3DS)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Gravity Rush 2
Vanquish
Guardians of the Galaxy
Farcry: Blood Dragon (PS5 version)
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Ys VIII

Parasite Eve 2 and BoF4 are my last two unbeaten PS1 games and they're both a problem. BoF4 is about 80% over but I have no idea where I left off. PE2, unlike PE1, has tank controls which is probably why I never got into it. For some reason I really want to, I guess because PE1 is one of my favorite PS1 games and PE2 dropped at a time when Square was releasing one home run after another.

Worth noting: PS5 Dualsense controller works with PS3 as long as you keep it plugged in directly. The home button doesn't work (it turns on the PS5) unfortunately so you have to get up to hit reset. Other than that the controller is FAR superior to the PS3 controller. The several PS1 and PS3 games on here, I can play on PS3 with the DualSense which helps at least.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do I start in on the next Metro, or dive back into Horizon Zero Dawn?

Crone

I’m a fan of doing them all. I’ll start my new unplayed Xbox pc metro exodus once you get there.
Yea, I decided on Metro Last Light Redux, and I for sure made the right choice. :) Having a ton of fun blasting on monsters again!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, I decided on Metro Last Light Redux, and I for sure made the right choice. :) Having a ton of fun blasting on monsters again!
Well the story is awesome too… enjoy the red light district lol.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Star Wars Battlefront 2. Worth the purchase for single player, if you get it on deep discount. Multiplayer (except COOP) is hack-ridden so do not bother.

BF2.jpg

completed.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did some more Parasite Eve 2. It's definitely got that 2000 Square magic, and various recurring music from PE1 that puts me back in the right mood.

...but why oh why did they ruin it with tank controls? PE1 didn't have tank controls. They were probably copying Resident Evil (there's a reason I never played it until this modern remaster).

Tank controls ruin everything. I'd rather play Spirit Tracks with the idiotic stylus controls.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Good thread, gonna jump in for round 2.

Using Steam and sorting by recent activity was handy in finding out which games have been untouched for years. Also going into account details and purchase history.

Going to start with The Darkness II and Max Payne 3, both last played in 2013. I remember a boat jump cut-scene and my computer at the time would always crash so never finished.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m posting just because it’s the spirit of the thread. I am not joining my own raffle lol. I beat the Aliens fireteams last night.

It’s a meh from me. 5/10 but worth playing at least once for the Aliens. It would be definitely more fun with people. Maybe just playing with randoms 6/10
sukik sukik arm up son

02D1857A-F069-4FC0-9B9B-2CC9BC671E33.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m posting just because it’s the spirit of the thread. I am not joining my own raffle lol. I beat the Aliens fireteams last night.

It’s a meh from me. 5/10 but worth playing at least once for the Aliens. It would be definitely more fun with people. Just playing with randoms 7/10

sukik sukik arm up son

View attachment 390875

Game was too short for me to give it high marks (four chapters, ehh) and I could never match with other players for anything except stage 1 and sometimes stage 2 of the first chapter (something I'm told is a bug). So I had to go through most of the game with no help, aside from replaying chapter 1 a few times with people which was definitely better but ultimately pointless. The final stage was very hard with only bot allies, took me several tries.

I really liked the Prometheus-themed chapter (chapter 3 IIRC). Did NOT expect that at all and it was awesome to see the monster designs from that movie make it into a game. I was one of the few people who liked Prometheus and didn't think it'd ever appear in any game. It was so out of left field.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Halo Infinite
completed-png.390828

If you care to know my thoughts on the game, I posted a review of sorts in the Halo Infinite thread: Halo Infinite TLDR: 6/10 for the Single Player experience.

"Too Many Goodbyes" achievement is the main campaign.
Halo.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Game was too short for me to give it high marks (four chapters, ehh) and I could never match with other players for anything except stage 1 and sometimes stage 2 of the first chapter (something I'm told is a bug). So I had to go through most of the game with no help, aside from replaying chapter 1 a few times with people which was definitely better but ultimately pointless. The final stage was very hard with only bot allies, took me several tries.

I really liked the Prometheus-themed chapter (chapter 3 IIRC). Did NOT expect that at all and it was awesome to see the monster designs from that movie make it into a game. I was one of the few people who liked Prometheus and didn't think it'd ever appear in any game. It was so out of left field.
COOP campaign? Fuck me. Another game added to the list. :)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
COOP campaign? Fuck me. Another game added to the list. :)
He says it’s short but yeah each mission is 30-45 mins and if you die you restart. It’s short but still takes 15 hours to beat on hard mode.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just posting for fun and to keep the spirit of the thread alive.

Halo

C06F62A5-2E73-4416-AE95-7EED58CCFF4B.jpeg

Intense difficulty

10EB428A-FC33-4E72-9E5A-6E7BC7CC1BBA.jpeg

just wrapped this up tonight

FBBBEBDF-2244-489E-947B-4F40038FBB51.jpeg

1641362058374.png

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
DarknessII.JPG

DarknessComplete.JPG

This was alright, definitely wouldn't get made today which adds to the enjoyment. Early part was better before enemies got tanked up and you had to remove armour to get headshots.
The original never released on PC, stuck in PS3 / X360 limbo otherwise I'd look at giving it a crack too.

CompletedCropped.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like