Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 4 ends March 31

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
March is here already.

My turn to sponsor this month's backlog challenge, which consists of 2 separate $50 raffles. Different winner for each.

• Raffle #1 Standard - Complete any game and your name is in the draw for a $50 Steam / Xbox / Playstation giftcard

• Raffle #2 Weighted - Counting hours from HLTB.com as raffle tickets in your name for a $50 Steam / Xbox / Playstation giftcard
    • HLTB.com Main game will be the guide
    • Gain 1 ticket per hour
    • Gain 0.5 tickets if the game is less than 1 hour
    • Your monthly total will be rounded up if not a whole number eg. 68.5 becomes 69 (giggity)

Post proof of the completed game achievement, screenshot etc along with the completed image below. We will count them up at the end.

CompletedCropped.png

Good luck with your backlogs!

Edit- Fixed links

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'll be at a disadvantage in this one since I'm probably going to be getting roflstomped by Elden Ring for the next several weeks. I'd like to knock off a few more from the backlog though, and figure out one particular "white whale" type game like Spirit Tracks / BoF4 that has eluded me for a long time. Those were probably my longest-tenured backlog denizens though.

Amod Amod Can we get this new challenge stickied plx

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
March is here already.

My turn to sponsor this month's backlog challenge, which consists of 2 separate $50 raffles. Different winner for each.

• Raffle #1 Standard - Complete any game and your name is in the draw for a $50 Steam / Xbox / Playstation giftcard

• Raffle #2 Weighted - Counting hours from HLTB.com as raffle tickets in your name for a $50 Steam / Xbox / Playstation giftcard
    • HLTB.com Main game will be the guide
    • Gain 1 ticket per hour
    • Gain 0.5 tickets if the game is less than 1 hour
    • Your monthly total will be rounded up if not a whole number eg. 68.5 becomes 69 (giggity)

Post proof of the completed game achievement, screenshot etc along with the completed image below. We will count them up at the end.

View attachment 400844

Good luck with your backlogs!
Oh fuck. You didn’t waste any time !! I was wondering if we were gonna go with 2 raffles or stick with 1 raffle and one scored.

cool deal.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does Elden Ring count for a backlog challenge BTW? I vote no even though I'm gonna probably beat it soon after nolifing the past several days. It isn't backlogged, it's new. Dunno, may want to specify. If it counts, that's fine with me too.

8 backlog things I'd like to finish after the Elden Ring phenomenon is over: Pokemon Legends Arceus, Breath of Fire 5 (Dragon Quarter), Resident Evil 1 Remaster, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dynasty Warriors 8, Cuphead, and the big final boss...Sekiro.

If I get half of these finished I'll be thrilled. Sekiro legit scares me because when I tried it back at launch, I couldn't even scratch the first boss. Now I've platted most of the Soulsborne series and I'm back for blood.

I think Cuphead is actually the "white whale" of this group like BoF4, Spirit Tracks, and RE Zero were in the others, something I really want to knock off but had a lot of trouble with and don't really actually want to play because I know it'll just whoop me again. After cutting my teeth in Elden Ring I think I can better handle Cuphead's lategame bosses (I got about 2/3rds through it before hitting the impasse). I think I had like six fights left in the whole game, with 3 of those to choose from, and wasn't able to make any more forward progress.

Crone

Lol. I think any game completed counts. The instant it releases it could technically be considered a backlog, right?

I let my wife have the first crack at H:FW and that's a massive game as well. She's WAY over the HLTB complete time and not even close, and not even a completionist. It'll be a while before I get into that probably, even though I just finished the first one and was kinda hyped about FW.

Have 77 hours into Lost Ark, but I think that's fading now as well since I have zero interest in just grinding the same things. The loot grind isn't for me these days I suppose. Then there's Elden Ring, it's a huge hype hit but I've never enjoyed any of the Souls games, so I kinda don't think I'm gonna get into it.

I have CP2077 on my backlog and maybe I get into that since they released their huge patch. RDR2 is on that list as well. Hmmm

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lol. I think any game completed counts. The instant it releases it could technically be considered a backlog, right?

I let my wife have the first crack at H:FW and that's a massive game as well. She's WAY over the HLTB complete time and not even close, and not even a completionist. It'll be a while before I get into that probably, even though I just finished the first one and was kinda hyped about FW.

Have 77 hours into Lost Ark, but I think that's fading now as well since I have zero interest in just grinding the same things. The loot grind isn't for me these days I suppose. Then there's Elden Ring, it's a huge hype hit but I've never enjoyed any of the Souls games, so I kinda don't think I'm gonna get into it.

I have CP2077 on my backlog and maybe I get into that since they released their huge patch. RDR2 is on that list as well. Hmmm

Elden Ring's sheer gorgeousness can carry it even if you aren't into Souls games, I think. But yeah, YMMV. It gets really tough later on.

Crone

Still have my list from the first challenge. Added a few things to it, but for the most part haven't really made a dent. Lol
Farcry 6
Control

Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight
Cyberpunk 2077
Red Dead Redemption 2
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Metro Exodus
Witcher DLCs (Heart of Stone/Blood & Wine)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
God of War
Farcry: New Dawn
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Jedi Fallen Order
Spiderman DLC
Spiderman: Miles Morales
Uncharted 3
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Jurassic World: Evolution
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Horizon: Forbidden West
Elden Ring

Coop:
Outriders
The Ascent
Deep Rock Galactic
Dying Light
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Sniper Elite 4

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Blast from the past, Call of Duty: Black Ops

7 HLTB Points

1646624148409.png

1646624191892.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Have been working on the plat for AC Valhalla, just orlog and fishing left. Started up Uncharted 1 as well and eyeing Full Throttle.
Good idea on the list.

PS5
  • Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

PS4
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Days Gone
  • Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
  • Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Crash Bandicoto N-Sane Trilogy
PC
  • Witcher 3
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • South Park Stick of Truth
  • Dying Light
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Dawn of War II
  • Deadpool
  • Ryse Son of Rome
  • Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Grim Fandango Remastered

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220309_174048.jpg

Elden Ring beaten. 44.5 points for me! Took me 85 hours to beat which is probably the actual average, HLTB is getting trolled.

1646624191892.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Can I count Lost Ark? I suppose it's a game with a main story, despite having tons of extras like any MMO?

HLTB says 36 hours, which makes sense given I've sunk 77 hours into it. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
11D69531-0C42-4E82-A61C-CAD205ABBAEE.jpeg

1646923930830.png

Amazing game…. Highly addictive

I put many more hours into this than 22.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Got into Cyberpunk and looking to actually complete the main story of that this weekend. Wife and kids are gone all weekend so lots of gaming time!

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't sure what to play next after Elden Ring, because it makes all other modern games look obsolete. It's like when one of my past GFs told me we shouldn't have a 3-way with her hot friend because it'd "ruin regular sex" for me. Well that's what Elden Ring does, it ruins regular games. Everything else just pales compared to it.

So I dug into THE PAST for my next game. I've never actually beaten Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Only the All-Stars version. Also every time I played the All-Stars version I used warps. So I never actually played the game all the way through without warps, and there were levels in World 3, 6, and 7 that I'd never played at all (as those were the most likely ones to have me just nope out and use a warp whistle).

Went ahead and played NES SMB3, all the way through. Was a lot of fun, and much easier than I expected. I gained levels faster than I lost them, to the point that I nearly reached 99 lives later in the game. I think the lives ascent topped out at 87 midway through World 7 and then it just kind of leveled out for the rest.

1647125058225.png

Also used the Hammer Suit to defeat Bowser which is a lot of fun (if you can get to him without losing it)

1647125126073.png

He clipped me on the last hit, but I got him. Pretty awesome to see him get knocked off like a normal enemy rather than going through the floor. I don't know how many fireballs it takes to beat him (probably a ton) but it only took 6 hammers.

Alright, back to the modern stuff. 44.5+5=49.5 now

1647125173585.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Got into Cyberpunk and looking to actually complete the main story of that this weekend. Wife and kids are gone all weekend so lots of gaming time!
Never gonna beat this shit if I keep spending hours on a fistfight because I'm stubborn and don't want to lose. For some reason this is ok, but this same concept and idea in Elden Ring pisses me off and isn't fun?

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wasn't sure what to play next after Elden Ring, because it makes all other modern games look obsolete. It's like when one of my past GFs told me we shouldn't have a 3-way with her hot friend because it'd "ruin regular sex" for me. Well that's what Elden Ring does, it ruins regular games. Everything else just pales compared to it.

So I dug into THE PAST for my next game. I've never actually beaten Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Only the All-Stars version. Also every time I played the All-Stars version I used warps. So I never actually played the game all the way through without warps, and there were levels in World 3, 6, and 7 that I'd never played at all (as those were the most likely ones to have me just nope out and use a warp whistle).

Went ahead and played NES SMB3, all the way through. Was a lot of fun, and much easier than I expected. I gained levels faster than I lost them, to the point that I nearly reached 99 lives later in the game. I think the lives ascent topped out at 87 midway through World 7 and then it just kind of leveled out for the rest.

View attachment 402966
Also used the Hammer Suit to defeat Bowser which is a lot of fun (if you can get to him without losing it)

View attachment 402967
He clipped me on the last hit, but I got him. Pretty awesome to see him get knocked off like a normal enemy rather than going through the floor. I don't know how many fireballs it takes to beat him (probably a ton) but it only took 6 hammers.

Alright, back to the modern stuff. 44.5+5=49.5 now

View attachment 402968
My all time favorite NES.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Can I count Lost Ark? I suppose it's a game with a main story, despite having tons of extras like any MMO?

HLTB says 36 hours, which makes sense given I've sunk 77 hours into it. Lol
I think as long as you can post proof of beating the main story it's fine. I haven't played it, but it makes me think of Diablo 3, where the first run is 18 hours to kill diablo but many hours can be sunk afterwards. Anyone that's played Lost Ark want to weigh in?