Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 4 ends March 31

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The secret is that I'm not actually playing most of these things all the way through, I'm finishing them off. For example I did like half of my Elden Ring playing (at least) in February, Breath of Fire 4 is a 40-something hour game but I only had like the last 10 hours to do, etc. I really do usually only play about 2 hours on weekdays (and a lot more on weekends or the days I took off for ER, which were a whole bunch of days).
Oh for sure, I figured it had to be something like that.

Edit: Speaking of I have a number of games like that and should focus on them for the rest of this month. Call of Jaurez: Gunslinger, Outriders, Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone DLC, and Metro Last Light. I should get going!

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Cyberpunk ... 22.5 on HLTB .. so 23 points?

22.5 points. CHEATER!

I'm actually okay with rounding up, whenever I do one of these and set the rules.

Oh for sure, I figured it had to be something like that.

Edit: Speaking of I have a number of games like that and should focus on them for the rest of this month. Call of Jaurez: Gunslinger, Outriders, Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone DLC, and Metro Last Light. I should get going!

Yeah, there's a friend of mine who could be demolishing all of us in this challenge because he has this epidemic of getting to the final boss, or final stage, of games and just giving up (or stopping if he likes the game because he doesn't want the game to be over and done with, or something). He has been finishing more games in recent years so I'm not sure how often it happens now, but I'm pretty sure he has a ton of unbeaten PS4 games on the shelf that he could be plowing through and racking up hundreds of points.

I've barely played anything the last 3 days or so because I've been sick, just a small dose of ER here and there and I tried to pick up where I left off with Returnal. Managed to knock off Ikaruga on Switch because I woke up at 4 AM and had nothing else to do / was too sickly to actually get up. I should probably resume Arceus if I'm gonna be laying around for the next day or two with a Switch handy, but it's one of those illnesses where you don't even feel like playing anything, just sleeping.

Crone

Omg, I was literally a 5 minute quest away from finishing Heart and Stone DLC for Witcher 3 and I had no idea. Lol!!

Hell yea!!

22.5 + 10 for Hearts of Stone = 32.5 !! I'm coming for you RAJAAH!!

1647390911232.png

1647388697897.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, maybe I should finally go back and finish Nuka-World in Fallout 4 and get my damn 100%. I've got one of those awkward "platinum with 91%" situations going on.

Same thing happened with Uncharted 2 on PS4, it's a plat with like 88% or something because they added a set of extra side-trophies that is detached from the platinum. This shit drives me nuts. I considered going back and mopping up so Uncharted 2 would show as 100% again, but it looks like the side-trophies are a total pain in the ass. Finish the game in 3 hours or less, finish the game on superhard mythic/legendary/whatever difficulty that they added for the PS4 version...yeah, I'm good, just gotta accept that they ruined my 100%.

Fallout 4 on the other hand I basically just have to do Nuka World to fix. We'll see. I wish I could play something tonight but I'm zapped AF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Work went crazy for a couple of days and I haven't been able to even touch a game. Ugh. Not looking good for this month!!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Only way I'll have an entry is if I finish Elden Ring this month. Currently ~120 hours played, still haven't finished because I'm 100% canvassing every area, and I take my time.

I'm ok either way, I think!

Crone

Really want to get into HFW and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but my wife is freakin' just slow-rolling her HFW play-thru! She's not a completionist but she wanders the map, takes her time, etc and so she's like 70 hours into the game and not very far into it! Lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was sick for a few days, didn't make any progress in Returnal like I planned to, and put everything else aside to play Stranger of Paradise next. Just started it, we'll see how that goes.

Crone

Metro Last Light Redux complete. 32.5 + 10 = 42.5 points. Feels so far away from Rajaah, that asshole. :D

1647733773077.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
So I caved and bought the expansion because I'm weak as piss. It was a welcome diversion after having my jimmies rustled with a bugged orlog trophy in the main game. I'll reload an early save and see if I can make it pop properly. Ragnarok is more of the same gameplay wise, but I enjoy the low-demand style after a day at work. Some of the new abilities were alright and even though Asgard and Jotunheim weren't my favourite areas, I enjoyed the Svartalfheim setting quite a bit.

ACV-RagnarokComplete.jpg

ACV-RagnarokHLTB.jpg

CompletedCropped.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

The modern Tomb Raider games are perfect for me. The game is on rails, so there isn't any question about where you have to go. The puzzles are pretty easy, so there aren't these frustrating moments where you have to look up on Google every 5 minutes what the hell to do. The gunplay is fun, with headshots all over the place. Reminds me Farcry series which also has easy headshot gunplay. Can go stealth or guns blazing. It's great!

Crone

Rise of the Tomb Raider complete.

1647975900556.png

42.5 + 15 = 57.5 points!

So chasing the leader who's already at 70 points, minus whatever he's been plowing through the last few days. I'm sure Rajaah will post in here soon that he just knocked out a 40 hour banger!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rise of the Tomb Raider complete.

View attachment 404560

42.5 + 15 = 57.5 points!

So chasing the leader who's already at 70 points, minus whatever he's been plowing through the last few days. I'm sure Rajaah will post in here soon that he just knocked out a 40 hour banger!

I'm at 69 points (HEE HEE) not 70. Not to worry, this month's challenge goes off of a Democrat Primary proportionate delegate awarding system, as opposed to the Republican Primary winner-take-all delegate awarding system.

Didn't get much of anything done last week but I plowed Stranger of Paradise over the weekend and I'll probably try and finish that this evening. It seems pretty short.

20220322_160025.jpg

Considering going for 100% if it won't take too long. Returnal didn't really work out, I'll try it again another time. It's nuts how I beat all five story modes in DW8 and there are no trophies for any of them. Last time I beat a game and had this few trophies was Last of Us, which I think I also had 2% in after beating the game.

I wish I could get into Returnal. I really tried, but all I do is die over and over.

Crone

Edit: Never mind. Duh. It’s right in the first post.

Did we ever determine if someone could win both raffles?

Last edited: