V Rising

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yup. Those sweet-sweet 100% numb-numbs are what makes it worth waking up for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
How does PvE (or G) and PvP work in this game? If I start a server with friends, do we build a castle together or separately? I assume we can co-op against bosses? Are there any non-vampire PCs?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How does PvE (or G) and PvP work in this game? If I start a server with friends, do we build a castle together or separately? I assume we can co-op against bosses? Are there any non-vampire PCs?

That should answer the first 3 questions. As for non-vampire PC, the answer is no.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I discovered that Octavian in a group is almost impossible. Be sure to do him solo if you play with friends as the scaling on that fight is crazy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is ok. I enjoyed Valheim more for whatever reason. If anything, I wish Valheim was more fleshed out like this is. But Im done complaining about them letting that game die.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This is ok. I enjoyed Valheim more for whatever reason. If anything, I wish Valheim was more fleshed out like this is. But Im done complaining about them letting that game die.

Yeah Valheim is superb and they are just SO SLOW with updates.

I'm thinking about picking this up but I am wondering if it's a trap. Plus no one I know wants to play it. How is it solo?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There was a hotfix today, I think the server needs to be updated as it's down. Or could be something else, either way, we're down currently. :)

Caliane

Yeah Valheim is superb and they are just SO SLOW with updates.

I'm thinking about picking this up but I am wondering if it's a trap. Plus no one I know wants to play it. How is it solo?
I'm doing solo. I'd say it has a few good ideas. lots of content for early access. starting to hit/notice the material grind. not a must play, for solo. but decent.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It’s a good game that’s worth the early access price. My biggest gripe and I’ve heard other players say that it doesn’t feel like your playing as a vampire. Maybe as I gain more abilities it may feel different but as of now it just doesn’t give me that vibe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It’s a good game that’s worth the early access price. My biggest gripe and I’ve heard other players say that it doesn’t feel like your playing as a vampire. Maybe as I gain more abilities it may feel different but as of now it just doesn’t have me that vibe.
Ya, thematically its vampire of course. But towards the end of the grind (I turned everything down on solo) - I just felt like a mage.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Resizing your rooms as you get more stations is definitely on the annoying side, needing to dismantle every wall and pillar that touches a floor tile in order to swap them gets a bit tedious.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
You can do that? Guess I'm just bad, carry on. Time to remodel my castle.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

the game is designed for always on mp server.
many of its systems are fairly expressly so. castle hearts, etc.

the servant system is as well, to a problematic level. you can send servants out to farm mats. 24h duration... on a online server, great. you send them out, and the next day log in and collect.
single player however, you send them out, log out for the night. log back in the next day and.. no time has past. the "server" was offline. this is potentially an issue with crafting times as well. although not nearly as bad.

Rime

<Donor>

the servant system is as well, to a problematic level. you can send servants out to farm mats. 24h duration... on a online server, great. you send them out, and the next day log in and collect.
single player however, you send them out, log out for the night. log back in the next day and.. no time has past. the "server" was offline. this is potentially an issue with crafting times as well. although not nearly as bad.
All of these can be 'adjusted' in the server settings, if you are looking for a faster return on things without having to deal with not having a constantly on server.

But it is clear that this is intended as a multi-player, living server sort of game.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So when you play on a multiplayer server, does everyone get their own castle or what?

Cybsled

yes, you can all build your own base/castle. Server settings can also set how many bases/castles you can make

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

You can also change the length of time they are "out". 2h, 4h, 8h, 16h, 23h.