V Rising

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the game is designed for always on mp server.
many of its systems are fairly expressly so. castle hearts, etc.

the servant system is as well, to a problematic level. you can send servants out to farm mats. 24h duration... on a online server, great. you send them out, and the next day log in and collect.
single player however, you send them out, log out for the night. log back in the next day and.. no time has past. the "server" was offline. this is potentially an issue with crafting times as well. although not nearly as bad.
I solved that by just running my own dedicated server. Mine's on a second computer, but it seemed like it would be fine just running in the background on the same PC you play on too.

Only annoying thing is that I have to manually connect to it by typing in the LAN IP and port each time I start up the game. If I hit Continue and try to reconnect to the entry in the 'recently played on" list it just times out.

There's quite a few things you'll probably want to change in the server settings if you're playing solo too. Turning off not being able to teleport with materials being #1 on that list (and I'd argue makes no fucking sense for any PVE server no matter how many people are on it).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man when the server went down yesterday, I was in a town killing stuff. Today its back up and it says I was slain which...yeah sure, whatever. However, my bag is not there where I died and I lost everything in my inventory. It's a major blow to me wanting to keep playing as I had a ton of shit that's a pain in the ass to farm.

I'll get over it I'm sure, but fuck.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same thing happened to me. Bummer. This game is cool I just dont think it has the legs to keep people playing unless the pvp is amazing and fun or the endgame pve content is challenging and worth doing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Man when the server went down yesterday, I was in a town killing stuff. Today its back up and it says I was slain which...yeah sure, whatever. However, my bag is not there where I died and I lost everything in my inventory. It's a major blow to me wanting to keep playing as I had a ton of shit that's a pain in the ass to farm.

Game has nothing beyond a tiny bit of novelty. It was fun killing the first handful of bosses, but after that it becomes a giant pile of tedium with no payoff....and I am not even the bad part of the grind yet. The masses will realize this after a week and the game will vanish off people's radar just like 99% of all the other games out there.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Game has nothing beyond a tiny bit of novelty. It was fun killing the first handful of bosses, but after that it becomes a giant pile of tedium with no payoff....and I am not even the bad part of the grind yet. The masses will realize this after a week and the game will vanish off people's radar just like 99% of all the other games out there.
I dunno, I’m gear level 62 and about to jump to 70 and I’m still enjoying it. I enjoy survival, Grundy/farming games though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

once I beat all the bosses though, yeah, probably won’t do a whole lot after that, but there’s still a good good number left.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>

Player corpses (the bag) despawn after 20 Minutes in the default settings. As it is a live server, yeah, that sucks if you cannot jump right back on the moment it is restarted.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Player corpses (the bag) despawn after 20 Minutes in the default settings. As it is a live server, yeah, that sucks if you cannot jump right back on the moment it is restarted.
Yeah. The server was down from 11pm’ish till past 3am. So I was boned. :(

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There really isn't anything you can lose from an inventory that'd fuck you that badly. About the only "mats" I could think of that'd take a decent amount of time to replace would be if you had a ton of darksilver bars, ghost yarn, and maybe a shitload of flawless gems for some reason. Other than that, it's all quickly replaceable.

Caliane

this is fair.. ish. no base defense. so yeah. beyond the pvp aspects, theres not going to be much past killing all the bosses once.

no random map gen. no alt builds. so, theres no real reason to restart and play again.

price tag justifies that single play through so far, imho though.
im mid 40ies atm.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have drops set to 3x so hopefully it doesnt take too long. Any idea what setting the bag despawn timer is? I'll up it to something crazy

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There really isn't anything you can lose from an inventory that'd fuck you that badly. About the only "mats" I could think of that'd take a decent amount of time to replace would be if you had a ton of darksilver bars, ghost yarn, and maybe a shitload of flawless gems for some reason. Other than that, it's all quickly replaceable.
I had 300 ghost yarn among other stuff that I was transporting.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
this is fair.. ish. no base defense. so yeah. beyond the pvp aspects, theres not going to be much past killing all the bosses once.

no random map gen. no alt builds. so, theres no real reason to restart and play again.

price tag justifies that single play through so far, imho though.
im mid 40ies atm.

I was mentioning last night that this game would be served well by random map generation and maybe more bosses in a pool to draw from so you don’t always get the same ones upon each new game.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I was mentioning last night that this game would be served well by random map generation and maybe more bosses in a pool to draw from so you don’t always get the same ones upon each new game.
Was thinking some Terraria like elements too, like you beat the last boss and new bosses/resources etc.. spawn

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

That might be an interesting way to go.

I think the server progression idea would work well. Where I suggested human response would ramp up with vampire incursions. So, servers would be designed to be reset once a month or so.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Coffin Minions will defend your base as well. But they are not that much of a threat to players. They need the statues and gargoyles and other stuff to act as defenses and or traps or both.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Server is down again? :(
Working on getting it to auto start in the event of a computer restart

Update: Server now starts with windows so should be good from now on in the event I get drunk, start a restart for patches, then pass out again.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf