Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm staying positive. I think it has a chance to be pretty fucking great. I don't get the hate for the actress either, maybe I'm sheltered but the only thing I recognize her from really is Suicide Squad and she was fine in that, acting was not the problem (mostly) with that movie.
She has been an eyebrow model in the UK for years, she became one of those famous for being famous people.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait till you faggots see it. Could be good, but could also be shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
Seems interesting. I wouldn't expect very much besides pretty, from those trailers. But that can be enough if it is actually pretty.

Oooh.. moving blinky lights!

spronk

FPS noob
final trailer

i didn't know but apparently fifth element was supposed to be this movie, but the tech for the effects didn't exist at the time so besson changed the story to 5th element. i guess this is the movie he wanted to make. looks pretty.

that trailer music sounded exactly like gangsters paradise though

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'm over drum beats syncing with gun shots in trailers. It was cool for a bit, but it's in so many trailers now.

And if the thing about this and Fifth Element is true, then I'm glad it worked out that way. I probably quote Fifth Element every other day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I know what the reviews say on the antag/protag as Zorg/Korben but i always viewed it as Zorg/Leeloo thru the eyes of Koren. Story of evil "Shadow" with Zorg as his agent and Mondoshawan with their agent Leeloo.

Honestly this has always felt a little like Dark Crystal for some reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
She has been an eyebrow model in the UK for years, she became one of those famous for being famous people.
An eyebrow model? WTF

Do the brits just have a thing for oddly large, dark, and shaggy eyebrows? I am genuinely confused here. She's otherwise fairly average for an actress and I obviously wouldnt kick her out of bed but her eyebrows are freakish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
An eyebrow model? WTF

Do the brits just have a thing for oddly large, dark, and shaggy eyebrows? I am genuinely confused here. She's otherwise fairly average for an actress and I obviously wouldnt kick her out of bed but her eyebrows are freakish.
She started the trend for retarded eybrows, it wasn't a thing before her. Problem is that while hers are natural, all the white trash have giant thick painted on ones which trigger the uncanny valley.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
An eyebrow model? WTF

she's basically big lips kim kardasian.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wonder why they decided to use Pastime Paradise for the trailer music.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wonder why they decided to use Pastime Paradise for the trailer music.
I'm more partial to Amish Paradise myself. (to be honest when i moved to Lancaster, Pa and i wanted to find out what i was getting into, someone suggested just watching the music video, and yea, truth 100%, thanks for the heads up weird al)

spronk

FPS noob
72% on RT, that lines up with stuff like Fast 8, GOTG 2, aka movies i like. still not sure its worth a trek out to theaters tho

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
72% on RT, that lines up with stuff like Fast 8, GOTG 2, aka movies i like. still not sure its worth a trek out to theaters tho

Fifth Element is nearly scripture level for how I feel about it - even just giving Besson more money for Fifth Element if it was trash would be worth it to me, lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fifth Element was great. This... I can't get behind a 15 year old looking kid as the hero toting along his (too hot for him) gf (?) (who actually solves everything). But I never read the source material.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Fifth Element was great. This... I can't get behind a 15 year old looking kid as the hero toting along his (too hot for him) gf (?) (who actually solves everything). But I never read the source material.

Pretty sure the video game centers around a young boy, as well.