Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Quest 2 didn't show up last night, so I was hunting for more ore and cores last night. found a crypt that hadn't been looted already and got some cores finally. Getting into full bronze + bronze weapons is a pretty big power jump and makes exploring the black forest a lot less scary. Dragging that cart around the black forest biome is a fucking PITA though. I was actually dragging an empty cart out to go farming for the first couple of trips too, before I realized I could just run to a node and build a cart there.

Right now my priority is to make another full set of bronze armor and weapons, two boats, and then set off to explore the map for a bit after leaving a backup set of gear. I guess I also need to kill the Elder since I didn't get credit for it when McFly killed him for us. Heriotze and I actually show a different location on the map for the elder than the spot McFly found him, so maybe that's it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Quest 2 didn't show up last night, so I was hunting for more ore and cores last night. found a crypt that hadn't been looted already and got some cores finally. Getting into full bronze + bronze weapons is a pretty big power jump and makes exploring the black forest a lot less scary. Dragging that cart around the black forest biome is a fucking PITA though. I was actually dragging an empty cart out to go farming for the first couple of trips too, before I realized I could just run to a node and build a cart there.

Right now my priority is to make another full set of bronze armor and weapons, two boats, and then set off to explore the map for a bit after leaving a backup set of gear. I guess I also need to kill the Elder since I didn't get credit for it when McFly killed him for us. Heriotze and I actually show a different location on the map for the elder than the spot McFly found him, so maybe that's it.
No problem, we can probably knock the Elder out in about 5 minutes

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
No problem, we can probably knock the Elder out in about 5 minutes
I think all I need to do is make some arrows at least better than wood arrows. Will probably make a batch of bronze arrows before heading over. Shoot me a message on here if you're heading over there tonight. I'll probably be setting up the Quest 2 but will hop on to head over there if you go.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I’ve paid thousands of dollars for my son to learn how to sail. Who the fuck would have guessed it would pay off in a videogame. He was all weaving and jibing and tacking and whatever the fuck but it was like being in a car driven by an F1 prodigy compared to my hurrr durrr go straight approach

Also, I haven’t proven this but anecdotally the raft seems to move faster while rowing if you row backwards towards your destination.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
yeah, tacking is key for this. It's really a decent sailing sim when on the water except for just being able to barrel through storms at full sail.

I would add a #4 to your list that the raft is for emergencies and to just figure out that there is and how to use sailing, is doesn't have a lot of utility beyond those and is painfully slow. The second boat rowing is usually about as fast as the raft with wind.

The raft exists for your first cross-ocean corpse recovery run so that you learn that yes, leeches exist in the game and that no, if you're on a fucking raft at that point in the game it's certain death.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I’ve paid thousands of dollars for my son to learn how to sail. Who the fuck would have guessed it would pay off in a videogame.
You did it backwards. You could have saved that money if you let him learn in a video game. ;)

Half the time my woman thinks that I'm some sort of genius (she tends to use "idiot savant") because of something I know or know how to do it ends up being because I learned in a video game. Picking locks is one that always gets people. Learned that in "Thief" and I fucking crushed it the first time I tried IRL because I could visualize the tumblers and internal mechanism so well.

1614184039863.png

1614184047456.png

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Another good tip for just exploring on a boat. Make a portal at home and keep the mats for 1-2 portals on the boat to just make a temporary portal when you find land you want to explore.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Portals are for pussies. Real men play without.

same...no issues with G-portal

5 friends attempted Bonemass tonight, my wife and I EQ and EQ2 raiders used to organization and pre planning.

Two younger (Early 20) players that have more experience with present day games.

One complete new player.

45 min fight, got him to about 8 percent. Lots of deaths and swearing to the game and each other. (Not geared correctly)

Everything either broken or lost or destroyed.

Rage quits and vows to never play again by some.

Excellent time all around. 10/10 -Highly recommend

Pretty sure defeating Bonemass is all about Poison Resist potions ;) If you want to cheese it, use Frost Arrows as well. Can also build a platform high in the treetops and fire arrows down on him for extra cheesing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was going to mock you for this, but I actually had a rough go exploring at first because I was using mcfly's portals to zip all over the place. Once I started staying close to home and running around with a cart, I made a lot more progress in the game

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

I'd you want I'm on the server but need people to play with. I'm at the elder too. Dumb fucking other group of friends flaked out on the server and I lost my set of bronze armor 80 bars of bronze. 2000 gold 20 surtling cores and dozens of meads.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure defeating Bonemass is all about Poison Resist potions ;) If you want to cheese it, use Frost Arrows as well. Can also build a platform high in the treetops and fire arrows down on him for extra cheesing.

Less about poison resist for my group and everything to do with blunt weapons. If you aren't good at avoiding the poison, then yeah, absolutely need poison resist and health potions.

Until you are a bit more durable or better able to handle the oozes, poison resist takes the edge off exploring the swamp and crypts too.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was watching Shroud, Bnans, and Hjune play this last night. They got caught in an area where these mosquitos spawned and were one shotting them. They spent hours trying to get their shit back and it just became a hillarity of corpse runs and trying to sneak to get their stuff.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck that. After spending an hour+ sailing to the other side of the world, doing so naked for a corpse run, without the big boat sounds like 0 fun.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
debating on coming over to the FoH server and building a place to call my own among all you filthy animals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryoz

<Donor>
Found Moder, fucking finally. Found it on our 5th mountain and thankfully this one is attached to lovely Meadows and Black Forest, unlike the others that were surrounded by Plains.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So the other day I started building a bridge, because...well, I wanted to build a bridge.

I got to the point where I can't build further out; I need more support. But I can't reach down far enough to plant supports in the riverbed. Is there a workaround of sorts? I'm thinking I can either lower the level of the bridge, try raising the riverbed up (?) or just forgetting about the bridge entirely.

1614210261664.png

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
So the other day I started building a bridge, because...well, I wanted to build a bridge.

I got to the point where I can't build further out; I need more support. But I can't reach down far enough to plant supports in the riverbed. Is there a workaround of sorts? I'm thinking I can either lower the level of the bridge, try raising the riverbed up (?) or just forgetting about the bridge entirely.

View attachment 337575
You can raise the river bed with the hoe.