Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So the other day I started building a bridge, because...well, I wanted to build a bridge.

I got to the point where I can't build further out; I need more support. But I can't reach down far enough to plant supports in the riverbed. Is there a workaround of sorts? I'm thinking I can either lower the level of the bridge, try raising the riverbed up (?) or just forgetting about the bridge entirely.

View attachment 337575
You can stand on the bridge and look straight down at the corner and build it under the water and just stack them up. It won’t snap but you can still get it close enough to the right place

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So.. I totally forgot why I was mining Copper. I was drunk and just kept going while watching TV.

Attachments

• Drunken Dertimination.jpg
    Drunken Dertimination.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 113
  • 9Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even now that we're in the last metal stage, we're still mining copper because copper torches are BIS for lighting your houses.

Erronius Erronius are you using Core Wood pole 4m? Those make building large structures so much easier.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tbh you should link patch notes, not that ;)

Deathsquitos longer audio range
boss difficulty tweaks on 3, 4 and 5
blast furnace and spinning wheel audio adjusted (damn I loved how loud that thing was)
and a bunch of fixes

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So the other day I started building a bridge, because...well, I wanted to build a bridge.

I got to the point where I can't build further out; I need more support. But I can't reach down far enough to plant supports in the riverbed. Is there a workaround of sorts? I'm thinking I can either lower the level of the bridge, try raising the riverbed up (?) or just forgetting about the bridge entirely.

View attachment 337575
Start building your supports from the top down. Usually works best from the front. Otherwise you can raise the river bed with the hoe but you risk fucking up the river if you do.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same thing happened to me.

Spent extra 10 minutes getting somewhere due to shit wind conditions only to instantly die
when I get to where I wanted to go due to a troll running across the forest to kill me.

imo they should change it so there's always a minimum amount of wind, it's just a matter of maxing the wind you get. Sitting nearly still for 10 minutes is just not fun design when you're trying to get somewhere.
The problem with the wind is that tacking doesn't work. Their wind system isn't quite right.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished a major project and now have time to get into this. Will be setting up mah server today. Aim to play late tonight.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At least you didn't drown yourself digging a moat like I did.
I still have yet to understand the bedrock in this game. We wanted to build a moat around our home base in Meadows and even though it was deep enough to work, we never were able to hit water. Supposedly if you kill Trolls before the elder, after you kill the elder then trolls will start to periodically attack your base? So we made that for insurance purposes just in case. I found another Copper Node that I started to work on and as soon as I got about a 1/5th down into the soil, I was swimming around it. Ive just assumed it's a lay of the land type of thing, but I was thinking it was more Mine Craft at first.

Ive been waiting on my g/f to play again before attempting Elder. While exploring around his altar, it's close to the Plains so these little goblin ass (furlings or w/e) fk's will pop up out of nowhere and one shot me with maxxed out bronze armor lol. I kited one with bow/arrow, but they are sneaky af. So I've been building a moat at a distance away from the plains, but between the elder altar so they dont wander over easily anymore. Im just hoping they dont show up while we start trying to kill Groot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I still have yet to understand the bedrock in this game. We wanted to build a moat around our home base in Meadows and even though it was deep enough to work, we never were able to hit water. Supposedly if you kill Trolls before the elder, after you kill the elder then trolls will start to periodically attack your base? So we made that for insurance purposes just in case. I found another Copper Node that I started to work on and as soon as I got about a 1/5th down into the soil, I was swimming around it. Ive just assumed it's a lay of the land type of thing, but I was thinking it was more Mine Craft at first.

Ive been waiting on my g/f to play again before attempting Elder. While exploring around his altar, it's close to the Plains so these little goblin ass (furlings or w/e) fk's will pop up out of nowhere and one shot me with maxxed out bronze armor lol. I kited one with bow/arrow, but they are sneaky af. So I've been building a moat at a distance away from the plains, but between the elder altar so they dont wander over easily anymore. Im just hoping they dont show up while we start trying to kill Groot.
I have my fort set-up close to the water, so I started digging a large ass trench from the water to my fort with the expectation of opening it into a moat that I would eventually dig around the fort. It appears as though it could work like that, but after drowning myself I said fuck it and decided to just turn it into a protected dock...which turned out to be pretty cool too. I have no idea if what I tried would really work or not, but it seemed plausible considering how the water flowed through the initial trench I dug from the water.

My next project will be taming hogs and building a pig farm. This game is fun as fuck.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Iron ore / bars. Takes 2 iron bars to make the Stonecutter bench.

Thanks, I was confused because I killed the elder and thought I would get an item to unlock next tier, which I guess you do, indirectly. Off to the swamp I go.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thanks, I was confused because I killed the elder and thought I would get an item to unlock next tier, which I guess you do, indirectly. Off to the swamp I go.

Yeah, a couple tiers are like that. It's a trail of crumbs to unlock the various recipes sometimes.