Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
i-find-your-lack-of-updates-disturbing.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It’s a cool animation, but it seems a bit much for what appears to be a pretty lean update? 😬

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, doesnt the fire lands biome or w/e its called - get fleshed out with this update?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Don't think so. It's all about building and stuff. Fire biome not even explicitly on their old roadmap.

This is shaping up to be one of those 'in early access for 5 years' games with the pace they're developing it.

1630525557395.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
It takes time to hire compatible people who wont fuck up the culture/dynamic and get them up to speed (theyve doubled their size now iirc, which is still small, but getting better). I'm sure the pace will pick up as the personel does. Its only been 6 months, after all. In the meantime theyve said theyve rearranged their priorities so that Mistlands is next on the list.

This update is at least a few more build pieces, some decorative items, a large cooking revamp which will totally fuck up existing kitchen designs (Gotta find space for the oven, butchers table and 2 new wall enhancements, all within range of your cauldron), a serious change-up of what food does, including the ability to remove existing food effects so you can eat again, and changing up shield usage.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm certainly rooting for them. I hope future updates recapture some of that initial enthusiasm they earned at launch... just not expecting Hearth and Home to do it for many.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Hearth and Home update is out. I'm not even really reading the patch notes and stuff, if I do sit down to play through it again I'd have more fun just kinda finding the new stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I started to read the notes but decided I didn't want spoilers.

Have these guys increased the team size yet?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
"You’ll now be able to share map data with other vikings in your world, find seeds to plant more types of trees, and finally destroy your unwanted items with the new obliterator."

Those are some nice QoL changes.

I'm not sure I'm going to come back to the game this round, but I will eventually when they finish the rest of the biomes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The "new thing in the plains" requires a new map, or unexplored plains, apparently. it won't spawn in previously loaded plains.

tar pits. to make black wood.

lots of bitching on steam discussions. seems a combo of bow nerf, and food nerf? and general lack of added content.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Patch 0.202.19

* Rebalanced hp/stamina on most foods ( more stamina on hp foods and more hp on stamina foods etc )
* Fixed tar-pit not spawning on dedicated-server worlds
* Slightly lower hp on Fulings & Fuling shamans
* Slightly easier to stagger Fulings
* Fixed issue with pressing I in server list while trying to filter servers
* Lower bow stamina use
* Cage wall 1x1 physics fix ( Already placed pieces will probably need to be repositioned )
* Boars now also eat blueberries, raspberries & mushrooms
* Chinese translation fix

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think Conan is a better survival game. It has more type of content that I like, combat, rare loot, better exploration better crafting...etc...This game has one thing that all the others do not, easy to use and far better building system. While Conan I could play for hours and hours jsut exploring and killing, taming, etc... I could spend hours upon hours here in this game building structures.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Some friends and I recently spun up a new server with Valheim plus to scratch an itch and then saw this posted.... I don't put a lot of stock into PC Gamer but good for them all the same.

Game of the Year - Valheim

I hope they are able to get some updates out soon as I really enjoyed this game and still do!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Haven't played this for 6 months or so, was kinda hoping for more than the house & home stuff.

This and Dyson were probably my favorites for 2021.

Still amazed how relaxing chopping down an entire forest is, can't explain it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users