Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cool to see everyone liking this game, but it isn’t anything special(yet) it has good bones and if they improve the building I will check it out again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm gonna do it the old fashioned way...farming for froglok blood and selling it

I'll give you troll hide for one set of armor for 20 Bloodbags.

Cool to see everyone liking this game, but it isn’t anything special(yet) it has good bones and if they improve the building I will check it out again.

I see this game having insane replay value with 3-4 major content additions. There's definitely a twitch to start over and do everything better the moment you figure out a big blunder. Add new content on top and that's another 50 hours for me.

The main issue will be finding players who want to start fresh in 6 months.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Do you ever get to increase the inventory slots? Not the weight limit. With carrying all your equipped armor, 1-2 for melee weapon, a bow, 1-2 stacks of arrows, 3 food items, 1-2 pots, you have ~10 open slots to work with and it's pretty annoying. Should at least have a paper doll your equipped items go into.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So we set out tonight to get a portal established for Boss 4. We forgot all the eggs and then the person in charge of the portal forgot fine wood.... glad there's birch in the plains. Did everyone else have their bosses this far away? Was a hilarious journey w/ 2 friends. Fuck the fog, and deathsquitos, lol.

1613896911455.png

Last edited:

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I've been using 2m wooden poles. Do I need to be using stone to get higher than 5 or 7 segments (or whatever it is)?
There is also core wood, 4 m poles of core wood.

If you build around a tree, anything connected to the tree is foundation point, so you can build high, on multiple levels.

This game is great.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
1613917787780.png

Yeah, in my quest to actually get to Bonemass I wound up discovering that the Mistlands and Ashlands are actually already in the game, just unfinished. Damn wiggly ass islands.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Heriotze Heriotze gave me the bright idea to use hoe/raise ground to help create a tower taller than the trees. Now I spend all my login time trying to farm rocks because that shit takes an absurd amount of rocks.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Pffffft that feels like cheating. I've played as blind as possible, all with one character on the first seed I made. Its just been my wife and I, I'll post some base pictures once we get it decorated better. Right now it's a huge building with about 50 chests and a ton of open space lol.

• 1Seriously?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Its actually really fun playing on a server with others. We all still do our own thing 90% of the time, but its cool to see what others are doing or getting some help every once in awhile.

Sucks having a drake land on your head when you're unprepared though. Don't think those would be spawning before the deer boss if playing solo.

I'm liking the game even more now than a few days ago. Running through the black forest feels like EQ.