Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
The Karve has 4 slots (so 120 ore), the Longship basically has infinite slots.
First 10 iron should go into a longship unless you relocate your entire base to the swamp you're going to mine.

Longship has 18 slots. Not really infinite, unless dumping ore on the longship deck works, haven't tried that.

Let's start with the key information here.
Divorced
two kids
still interested?

No loan for a car?
Mortgage on the house?
Marriage trauma?
Hidden detrimental surprises?

Sounds like you're running an entrapment.

Post a picture of her PC desktop and we'll talk further.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Bought three copies of this and played it over the weekend with the kids. They had a blast.

You guys are pretty serious with your base building. Our current black forest base is a repurposed tower with just enough room for three beds and a ghetto lean-to hanging off the side. We did pimp it out with some spikes and a trench since we were seeing a lot of raids.

I'm excited to see where this game goes from here.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When you get to the plains and start raiding goblin camps this game has a very old school EQ type feel. Pretty fun.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm really surprised how much more fun the game gets as you progress. I normally never make it past tier-1 in these types of games because I just build stiff and get bored afterwards.

Heriotze made me realize I wasn't clicking the right spot on the smelter when I just thought it was locked the whole time. Full disclosure, I'm often less than sober if I'm playing games. Dragged a cart full of tin and copper back to (I assume) McFly's old base last night and made myself a full set of bronze and a spear. I'm ready for battle tonight

When you get to the plains and start raiding goblin camps this game has a very old school EQ type feel. Pretty fun.

I can't think of anything else I've played that has given me so many EQ-like vibes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Had my ill prepared seas voyages pay off last night, other than another tense corpse run with Bandwagon Bandwagon that involved a textbook sail-by extraction and mosquito sniping with military precision, finding two leviathons/krakens and mining enough chitin to make a really nice backstabbing dagger, can just one-shot the trolls in troll caves now as long as I'm wearing full trollhide set.

Trying for an abyssal harpoon today so I can follow my true calling of trying to hunt a specific sea creature, pursuing obsession to unhealthy limits and illustrating the futility of the struggle of man vs. nature

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm feeling a little burnt, 115 hours in. Probably start dialing things back a bit. We just beat Moder this weekend and I've got the new toys from that crafted and my focus has turned a bit to farming and raiding goblin towns. In no hurry to reach the end of the implemented content I guess.

Has been a great experience and really looking forward to where they go next.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the *fifth* multi story house I've built in this game:

1614117568883.png

1614117582742.png

It's a little smaller because it's only for max comfort and beds, I'll build another one for storage and crafting tables for this base.

I'm gonna try building on the steep hill next (rather than flattening the entire terrain to fit the house), have access to the first floor from the upper side with the benches and bench accessories and the ground floor will be storage.

I don't know if other games do this, but I really love having so many different approaches to house building with walls, or just logs (as in this one), stone, pure stone and no wood at all and so on.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hadn't progressed much in terms of exploration in awhile, upgraded my bronze sword and armor so I'm at 26 armor, got over confident and thought I could charge into a drauger spawn and smash it before taking serious damage. I died and then of course had to be rescued.
Moral of the story, I learned its good to have a set of back up gear in case you can't get back to your corpse right away.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'm really surprised how much more fun the game gets as you progress. I normally never make it past tier-1 in these types of games because I just build stiff and get bored afterwards.

Heriotze made me realize I wasn't clicking the right spot on the smelter when I just thought it was locked the whole time. Full disclosure, I'm often less than sober if I'm playing games. Dragged a cart full of tin and copper back to (I assume) McFly's old base last night and made myself a full set of bronze and a spear. I'm ready for battle tonight

I can't think of anything else I've played that has given me so many EQ-like vibes.

I agree 100%. The discoveries, the sense of danger and risk...it all takes me back.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There needs to be a medium size tree/bush that can be used to mask the repetitive stone texture.

Any suggestions on how to hide that?
1614120365772.png

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
There needs to be a medium size tree/bush that can be used to mask the repetitive stone texture.

Any suggestions on how to hide that?
View attachment 337386
Can you inset wood beams? I don't have stone building stuff yet, so dunno, but if ya can might make look a bit better, break up the the straight stone look?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Had my ill prepared seas voyages pay off last night, other than another tense corpse run with Bandwagon Bandwagon that involved a textbook sail-by extraction and mosquito sniping with military precision
I got so damn lucky with picking you up. Didn't think I was going to make that turn without hitting the shore. And that snipe of the mosquito just about made me shit my pants. I was laughing so hard at that and missed the screenshot by like half a second.

I did a number on that boat trying to stay away from mosquitos and Heriotze Heriotze was apparently drunk-boating on the way home and hit every rock spire sticking up out of the water. We barely made it back to the dock at about 2mph and I swear I thought it was going to sink the second it touched the shore.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I'm looking at renting a server for a few friends and I to play on. Anything in particular you guys would suggest?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm looking at renting a server for a few friends and I to play on. Anything in particular you guys would suggest?
G-Portal seems to be user friendly. I haven't had any issues yet. 🙂

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users