Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think the differences in maps, and how people play, is kind of wild

1615177911413.png

1615177979847.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I dug a moat around my longhouse on the ocean. It works great to keep greydwarves away from the buildings but they still attack my ships. I guess tomorrow I’ll extend the moat so they can’t reach the shore. I think if I try to make an artificial bay by raising the sea floor they’ll just swim around it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
138 hours in and 5th boss is down. 2 friends primarily playing with me put in 134 and 185 hours themselves so far. Ready for a break / another game until the first big patch, someone suggested The Forest to one of my friends so maybe give that a go.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's not correct, I've seen a serpent during a bright day.

It may be something like the spawn chance has a small base percent, and is increased in storms and at night then. The wiki and Reddit posts, about hunting them, all recommended night or storm hunting.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Just bad luck with swamps I guess, no crypts so far.

First troll followed me home without me realizing. Fucked up my entire house. The log drop defense I was testing out, and had only gotten a single log up on roof, killed me when it hit me in head, after shit collapsed. Days of work gone, I laughed, had a proper battle, and now I get to redesign my house.

This is Valheim

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been farming Draugr Elites for their trophy and they aren't dropping. Fuck

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Drakes for me. I must have killed a hundred, no drops.

I'm building a canal. This game brings out my inner autist.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Drakes for me. I must have killed a hundred, no drops.

I'm building a canal. This game brings out my inner autist.

Kinda same.

A buddy and I started playing yesterday and we already took out the first boss and have two bases. A hilltop base and a harbor. I stayed up until 3:30AM building. I went to bed feeling about as accomplished as I do after a productive day at work.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Build the harbor or dock out far enough that they cant stand on the ground inside next to the boat. Then surround the ground portions with a wall, and extend the wall out (hanging) into the water so they cant walk around. If your harbor or dock is on the ocean beach, set four doors at the four corners of the boat just above the boats ledge. Open all four doors and itll keep the boat steady while a storm rages.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah my wife tried it out on our server shortly after we downed Bonemass, its unplayable for newbies at that point, just constant death.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah my wife tried it out on our server shortly after we downed Bonemass, its unplayable for newbies at that point, just constant death.
Is this why I'm having so much trouble playing on McFly's server? These god damn midget trolls keep showing up every night and pushing my shit in! Getting really frustrating. I did finally manage to build a house that didn't collapse, so I'm making progress!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was going to play on the FoH server but it was too comfy. I wanted the rugged start to finish experience. I've just been playing solo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Is this why I'm having so much trouble playing on McFly's server? These god damn midget trolls keep showing up every night and pushing my shit in! Getting really frustrating. I did finally manage to build a house that didn't collapse, so I'm making progress!
yeah, you are kind of limited to the daytime to run around and build things and play right now because the nighttime is brutal on our server. The only place that you're safe from those stupid goblins is in biomes with equally dangerous things to a starter