Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Do you think a dedicated server would provide the most fun, because we are 100% responsible for everything that happens or do you think we should join a large community server?
Honestly, the whole drop in drop out was the best part regarding my group since we kinda all play at different times. We mostly made it a rule to tackle bosses, we tackle it together.. eventually we had 2 other groups of like 2 and 3 people groups join in and make their own villages and adventures. They kinda got burned by the fact we killed the current last boss which caused some problems for the people just joining and doing their own thing.

The core group kinda divvied out tasks and core focuses. Everyone honestly did a little bit of everything, but some focused into more things than others.. they added a few things to make the process easier for groups too.. like the cartographer map which will allow you to share your explored map with other players. I was responsible for building FOBs and creating teleport networks.. we had a guy who focused on food//farming.. a guy who transported resources between bases.. and a guy who mostly explored via combat/locating bosses.. but overall everyone did a little of something and no one really cared to push the other person to be more of something.

As far as large community servers, at the given time we played; it was capped at 10 but I think there are mods that allow more.. I just don't know where or what is capable given my group is waiting for the next pve content patch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I also rented a server through GPortal. Worked fine for our playgroup. Drop in, drop out. We all stopped playing in May or so I think but we might all start again sometime.

When you rent a server, you also get FTP access so you can download your shared world and transfer it if you need to.

The only other thing I haven't quite figured out is getting ValheimPlus and some mods running on the server. I need to do some terraforming since new resources got added since the last patch and I want to retroactively add them to existing areas. But that will require some extra modding. Come to think of it, I know how to do it now.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mountain caves patch is live. Not a big content update, but a few new buildable items and enemies. Mistlands is still a ways off for those waiting for a larger content patch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Mountain caves patch is live. Not a big content update, but a few new buildable items and enemies. Mistlands is still a ways off for those waiting for a larger content patch.
Ty for the heads up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I find this game to be pretty compelling but it needs a lot more content and is progressing too slowly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am taking my sweet ass time and loving it. Between me and my boys my our server is on day 156 and we are prepping for the Swamps. And by prepping I mean Dad does all the mining, smelting crafting etc while my kids run around and kill trolls or try to get each other killed by trolls. Having a blast, it is so easy to lose a few hours just running around the forest exploring.

BTW, does anyone know a trick to finding a lost/abandoned cart? Had some trolls and grey fucks attack me while moving tin and I had to run, I lost track of exactly where the cart was left. Figured I would find it destroyed and ore just sitting there but I have had no luck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I am taking my sweet ass time and loving it. Between me and my boys my our server is on day 156 and we are prepping for the Swamps. And by prepping I mean Dad does all the mining, smelting crafting etc while my kids run around and kill trolls or try to get each other killed by trolls. Having a blast, it is so easy to lose a few hours just running around the forest exploring.

BTW, does anyone know a trick to finding a lost/abandoned cart? Had some trolls and grey fucks attack me while moving tin and I had to run, I lost track of exactly where the cart was left. Figured I would find it destroyed and ore just sitting there but I have had no luck.

Yeah sounds like what it was like when I was playing with my kids and a nephew. I was a housebitch and they got all the glory.

Here is an post on finding a cart: Is there way to find lost carts? :: Eco General

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
A little bit of a Mistlands preview I guess. Still too far away for me, but good to see work is being done.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I really had a good time playing 200 whatever hours I did last year. I will definitely play more when Mistlands comes in.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here willing to meet up with me on Discord to answer some questions I have about Modding a Valhein Server on Gportal? It's like I know enough to to get it running but I know I am fucking some things up between the server and my local client. You would think after being a member on this board for nearly 20 years I would know this shit, but the truth is you don't know what you don't know. Could really use a phone a friend if anyone was willing to give me some of their time. Thanks in advance!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Used to be most mods were all client side, I have no idea if that is still the case. I've forgotten all the Valheim stuff now tbh, wish I could be of use.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw this game on my Steam list and looked through the patches to see whats new. All this time.. and Mistlands is still not done. Never mind the other polar biomes (deep north, Ashlands).

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this game on my Steam list and looked through the patches to see whats new. All this time.. and Mistlands is still not done. Never mind the other polar biomes (deep north, Ashlands).
Cool man thanks for bumping

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

its been over a year now hasn’t it? they had a roadmap I thought that said when bioms would be out, surly they’ve missed those marks I guess?

that’s disappointing, if New World had not sucked me back in I was going to fire up my old server again on this.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to download the Mistlands update after I get home from watching Dredd 2 in the theater

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 9 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Smartest thing they could have done. The guy hit the lottery.....don't piss it all away with continued development on a game that probably isn't going to see another surge. Go work on 2.0