Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Brian Mitsoda (narrative lead) and Ka'ai Cluney (creative director) have not made any statements on why they were fired. I would assume they are under a NDA. Even the other high ranking writer (cant remember her name) that quit because those two got fired is not saying anything about it.

Speculation has mostly gone in favor of Mitsoda being fired because he refused to go woke enough (such as: say it was only at woke 7 and the people in charge wanted woke 11).

Yes, but Brian's firing happened almost a year ago or so. This is new information that the entire team has been fired recently.

In my dreams, someone with some goddamn brains came in and read this woke trash and just fucking fired all of these idiots on the spot.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Doesn't matter who they fire at this point unless they pull a full 180 and bring the old Troika team back.

0% faith in anyone else they have on the project honestly.

I give it 20% this game ever even releases.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, but Brian's firing happened almost a year ago or so. This is new information that the entire team has been fired recently.

In my dreams, someone with some goddamn brains came in and read this woke trash and just fucking fired all of these idiots on the spot.

Edit: I read Malkav's post wrong, thinking he meant Mitsota was responsible for all the wokeness. My bad.

Still, those writers have a better chance of working on the game again, now, than they did if Hardsuit had found a project for them to be moved too.

Lets hope the new team Paradox gives the game to, doesn't hire them. Not that there is much hope this game will every be any good (or released for that matter).

Last edited:

Burns

The thread on RPGCodex is getting a lot of action over the last week. Here is a gem:

[IP's source material] Here is sample of the writing from White Wolf (V5 Anarchs):

1614699299299.png

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The thread on RPGCodex is getting a lot of action over the last week. Here is a gem:

[IP's source material] Here is sample of the writing from White Wolf (V5 Anarchs):

1614699299299.png

I think we can tell from this passage that the writing departments of every college in the USA has not taught their students a fucking thing about actually writing.

Who the fuck talks like this in a real conversation?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I picked up the 5th ed book because it's a thing and I like RPG books. Yeah, they lampoon the right wing pretty heavily because I have no idea who the fuck this is actually marketed to. Why would any millennial pick up the written stuff? Was I just super naïve and VtM has always been targeted at limp wristed
in the past?
I thought it was goths and chicks wearing fishnets and pounding at festivals while wearing a trenchcoat while listening to Type O Negative and NIN.

Likely naïve =|

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Update from original developer this summer

All narration/ quotes are from Chris Avellone.

1632685836951.png

Hardsuit hunted Paradox for the game. Paradox wasn't soliciting studios to work on this project. Hardsuit went to Paradox unsolicited.

That's how this remake began.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TLDR; Chris Avellone had a writing contract from 2016-2018 and the woke studio that he helped closed the deal with Paradox at the pitch meeting decided to throw all his writing in the trash-- absolutely none of it was going into the actual game itself.

1632686453872.png

None of Chris Avellone's characters were implemented.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They threw away all his work because of the #metoo bullshit he got slandered with. 99% of which turned out to be fabricated, and the other 1% was just a few cringy text messages. Techland did the same thing with his contributions to Dying Light 2, and I think there was at least one other company that did the same but I'm drawing a blank.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its for the best since they were going full woke in bloodlines 2. just play the first game again.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They threw away all his work because of the #metoo bullshit he got slandered with. 99% of which turned out to be fabricated, and the other 1% was just a few cringy text messages. Techland did the same thing with his contributions to Dying Light 2, and I think there was at least one other company that did the same but I'm drawing a blank.
Yep. Karissa, or whatever the fuck her name is, has all the markers for a mentally-ill Karen on her Twitter: Anti-fascist, anti-racist, BLM, etc, etc.

Maybe she wasn't as far gone 8-9 years ago, but still -- Never stick your dick in crazy.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No surprise cancellation was considered given that Paradox was never shopping around for developers in the first place.

At the end of the day, you have Hardsuit Labs to thank for giving us this game.

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Paradox games are great, I play them fanatically. They mostly do solo strategy games though. Stellaris is a brilliant love letter to science fiction and a rock solid space strategy game. The Tantalus port to Xbox doesn't get enough praise either. Fredrik Wester returning to Paradox is great for the studio.

What this means for VTM2, who can say. Paradox is not big enough and it's not their style to do big solo AAA RPGs like Witcher 3. They have always been smart and judicious with the risks they take and the properties they develop. They are the anti-Funcom.

Maybe Wester will come back in and cancel Bloodlines 2 as a shit-show.

Or maybe he can see the potential, has the will to do Bloodlines 2 as a smaller RPG, and if it's an indie hit with a newly assembled team, get publisher or platform backing to fund something like Bloodlines 3 up to the level of Witcher 3 many years from now. But they're not even close to being there yet. They still have to clean out the Twitter idiots and put the design for even a moderate RPG back on track.

So there's a lot of "ifs" out there.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
TLDR: Paradox gave this game to a new studio, but came close to just shitcanning the whole project.

View attachment 377663

View attachment 377664

Same as above (source): Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Hasn't Been Cancelled... Yet
The only way this can be "saved" is if the unnamed studio is just a mass of all the people that made the original. Barring that, this will still be an utter failure.

Knowing gaming these days, the "convincing pitch" was probably some gachii firm that promised them some pay-to-win money streams to recoup the broke they incurred from going woke.

• 3Like

Burns

The only way this can be "saved" is if the unnamed studio is just a mass of all the people that made the original. Barring that, this will still be an utter failure.

Knowing gaming these days, the "convincing pitch" was probably some gachii firm that promised them some pay-to-win money streams to recoup the broke they incurred from going woke.

I had a small amount of hope that Paradox could pull off some kind of miracle with this game, when it was in early development, but all hope disappeared when they fired MCA.

So now this is more like a watch the train wreck thread (like star citizen) than anyone thinking something good will come out of it.

My guess for why Paradox is sticking with it is that, if they cancel the game, they would need to do 100% refunds. So the accounts dept said you have X_amount of money in preoders, and if you can get it out the door for that or less, there is a better chance of recouping more lost money.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Paradox had almost no say in that firing. Hardsuit was doing their own witch hunt and in charge of their own affairs and payroll.

The firings were a leading reason to just slam the brakes and rip the project away from them. Anywhere between 3 and 5 narrative writers were removed from the original Hardsuit project over the years. Many of them original developers and writers.

That being said, Hardsuit is the only reason this game even exists. A lot of good people worked on this game that got shit on because of upper management. Paradox had absolutely 0 interest in developing this franchise further on a videogame platform.