Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Paradox CEO: Wokelines 2 probably delayed to second half of 2021. It is obviously the pandemic's fault...

Google translate from Swedish interview:
STOCKHOLM (Nyhetsbyrån Direkt) Paradox CEO Ebba Ljungerud does not believe that Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, whose launch time has been moved forward twice, will be launched during the first half of 2021.

Paradox is the publisher of Bloodlines 2, which is developed by the game studio Hardsuit Labs, of which Paradox owns 33 percent. It was originally intended that the launch would take place in the first quarter of 2020, a time that was later changed to the second half of 2020 and then changed to 2021.

You have left the time quite wide open for when next year the game may come. Is it conscious that you do not dare to promise the first half of the year?

"I do not think it will come in the first half of the year, but we will see", says the CEO.

The schedule for Bloodlines 2 has been affected by both staff dropouts and the pandemic. The delays led to Paradox making the decision to adapt the game also for the new console generations Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X which have been released recently. This adaptation work has in itself contributed to the delay in the launch.

"To be able to develop for the next generation, you have to have development kits from the manufacturers. And I'm pretty sure that both Sony and Microsoft were affected by the pandemic because they did not have many development kits," comments Ebba Ljungerud.

Paradox has earlier this year flagged that the pandemic has affected productivity and that there is a risk that, above all, game titles that have not yet been communicated will be delayed.

And with a second pandemic wave now spreading, there was not much breathing pause, was there?

"It depends a bit on which countries we are talking about, but it was a bit of a breathing pause. Now it will be a bit tougher again and it is not great. At the same time we are building long-term and preferably you would not want any delays at all. part of the business and something we are used to handling ", says Ebba Ljungerud.

In addition to Bloodlines 2 and Surviving the Aftermath, games that were announced as early as 2019, your launch calendar for 2021 looks a bit thin.

"We do not really know how the delays affect yet and we would like to know internally when we can release something before we announce it. It takes longer and becomes more complicated, but it is not the case that it is not possible. And you look at how the accounting "looks like it can be seen that we are investing a lot for the future so there are definitely things in the pipeline. There is a long way to go until next year is over", says Ebba Ljungerud.

Google translated from TROR INTE BLOODLINES 2 SLÄPPS UNDER 1H 2021 - VD | Placera

Short snipit from DSO Gaming with the same info:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I love companies using covid as an excuse to not do their fucking jobs. Bunch of pussy employers/employees.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Dev team replaced, not releasing in 2021.

At least that's what I get from the re-posts of their announcement, their site is hosed.

• 7Worf
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It didn't even make it to DOA state.

Going to be a piping hot launch on PS4 and Xbox, somewhere in 2022 - 2023.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure Paradox will find another equally woke shithole of a studio to continue their tireless work destroying the IP.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Poor paradox, not the hero for very long before they fell into the villain role.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Good news is, they finally made the right call in shit canning HSL from the project. Bad news is, who the hell did they turn it over to, cause I don't think there's any AA(A) studios with major RPG experience that could take it on right now. At this point I wonder if they have given up on the original goal of wanting a big hit Vampire game to serve as the major stepping stone into more mainstream appeal for the IP. If all they care about now is just trying to recoup some of the wasted money, I assume it will end up with some thrown together internal team, maybe with some Harebrained Schemes folks along as well.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
mainstream appeal for the IP
fuck the IP

queergrel.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
bleh, every time i see this thread bumped it makes me want to load my old CDs for it. that game was fun.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
bleh, every time i see this thread bumped it makes me want to load my old CDs for it. that game was fun.

Its on Steam. I play it every other year. Enough to forget about plot points and certain details, everything feels fresh again.

I run a few mods as well. Mostly reskins.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Well, the previous studio fired the entire narrative team after this clusterfuck.

Weren't they the one responsible for the woke stuff?

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, the previous studio fired the entire narrative team after this clusterfuck.

Weren't they the one responsible for the woke stuff?

Brian Mitsoda (narrative lead) and Ka'ai Cluney (creative director) have not made any statements on why they were fired. I would assume they are under a NDA. Even the other high ranking writer (cant remember her name) that quit because those two got fired is not saying anything about it.

Speculation has mostly gone in favor of Mitsoda being fired because he refused to go woke enough (such as: say it was only at woke 7 and the people in charge wanted woke 11).

• 1Worf
  • 1Like