Vanessa's Tranny AMA Blog Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You guys said and say a lot of things, most of which is alarmist, ultra right wing nonsense with a complete lack of self-awareness. In this very thread you have Vanessa lecturing about how all the libs are sheep, mere NPCs who aren't capable of critical thought, and then she opens her mouth about trans issues and it's fucking shocking as a case study in how unaware of themselves someone can be.

But yeah, I already admitted, a few years ago I would have told you that you were a retard if you said that this puberty blocker thing would even be an actual argument. And it still isn't mainstream, most people don't know wtf it even is, but it's way more mainstream than it should be. And then there's cases like the Adam Hates Everything guy on Rogan, where he clearly seems to want to be empathetic to trans people, but the path he takes is to just abandon any critical thinking at all on the subject. It's a problem that neither political extreme really has an answer for. The answer certainly isn't id politics focused trollfests.

Then what is the answer? Because what I'm seeing so far is:

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, maybe if you just troll and mock anyone with ideas that differ from yours, and maybe if they do the same, we will come to some rational understanding and be able to implement societal solutions that carry us forward. It's worked out great so far. Why bother being reasonable when you could be busy dehumanizing your ideological opponents?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yes, maybe if you just troll and mock anyone with ideas that differ from yours, and maybe if they do the same, we will come to some rational understanding and be able to implement societal solutions that carry us forward. It's worked out great so far. Why bother being reasonable when you could be busy dehumanizing your ideological opponents?

I'd like to point out that my initial position towards Vanessa on this forum was "don't insult that one, poster has a hard time as is".

Vanessa should not be hosting AMA's on being a tranny, not the right person to do it.

Same reason there aren't any shows about proud single black fathers that live without kids.

A social solution was offered several times. People should be able to decide their own gender, from majority age on. This still leaves them open to influence from the outside, but at least it gives them a voice in it, before they can even speak.

Noone is being dehumanized here.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

You're guilty of exactly what you're suggesting here. The entire concept of straight pride is a joke to you, and you can't help but get upset over the very idea of it to the point you're calling supporters of it trolls, which is dehumanizing them exactly as you're suggesting we don't do.

Can you not see the hypocrisy?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You're guilty of exactly what you're suggesting here. The entire concept of straight pride is a joke to you, and you can't help but get upset over the very idea of it to the point you're calling supporters of it trolls, which is dehumanizing them exactly as you're suggesting we don't do.

Can you not see the hypocrisy?
I'm calling the event a troll event, being led by well known trolls, and the stated purpose is to "troll the libtards" or whatever the fuck. You're the only person I have ever seen that actually took the concept of straight pride seriously. I'm not dehumanizing them, I'm just pointing out that I don't understand why a person would expend so much energy on a troll. For you, actually taking that stuff seriously, I don't dehumanize you or mock you. I attempt to empathize. I don't succeed, because it's hard for me to believe that you are arguing from good faith that somehow straight people are being oppressed. But I'm not dehumanizing you or discounting your worth.

I am guilty of doing that, I think we all are from time to time, but this isn't an example of that.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm calling the event a troll event, being led by well known trolls, and the stated purpose is to "troll the libtards" or whatever the fuck. You're the only person I have ever seen that actually took the concept of straight pride seriously. I'm not dehumanizing them, I'm just pointing out that I don't understand why a person would expend so much energy on a troll. For you, actually taking that stuff seriously, I don't dehumanize you or mock you. I attempt to empathize. I don't succeed, because it's hard for me to believe that you are arguing from good faith that somehow straight people are being oppressed. But I'm not dehumanizing you or discounting your worth.

I am guilty of doing that, I think we all are from time to time, but this isn't an example of that.

Are you referring to the fact that Vanessa announced attending a straight pride parade?

This is some trollception.

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I have not once said that straight people are being oppressed, and I've been very clear that the Milo shit is just one part of a growing sentiment among people. I've been trying to point out to you where your blind spot is about this shit but you're not paying attention, and it seems to be because of something similar to the IOOTI meme about you.

It's not straight pride that I take seriously, it's people being able to stand up and say "I'm proud of myself" that I take seriously. People such as yourself though think that is only allowed to historically victimized classes of people, and if I were to guess it's because you're blind to how society programs us all to what is acceptable and what isn't, and so the mere concept of a majority class wanting to celebrate themselves is a joke.

Forget the Milo shit and pay attention to what I'm saying and you'll hopefully be able to see that I am infact not trolling, nor am I arguing in bad faith. And if you still can't after that, then factor in this: I'm not even straight, and I still believe in the concept of straight pride 100%. Try to be worth the bullshit I'll get from admitting this on here, yeah?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have not once said that straight people are being oppressed, and I've been very clear that the Milo shit is just one part of a growing sentiment among people. I've been trying to point out to you where your blind spot is about this shit but you're not paying attention, and it seems to be because of something similar to the IOOTI meme about you.

It's not straight pride that I take seriously, it's people being able to stand up and say "I'm proud of myself" that I take seriously. People such as yourself though think that is only allowed to historically victimized classes of people, and if I were to guess it's because you're blind to how society programs us all to what is acceptable and what isn't, and so the mere concept of a majority class wanting to celebrate themselves is a joke.

Forget the Milo shit and pay attention to what I'm saying and you'll hopefully be able to see that I am infact not trolling, nor am I arguing in bad faith. And if you still can't after that, then factor in this: I'm not even straight, and I still believe in the concept of straight pride 100%. Try to be worth the bullshit I'll get from admitting this on here, yeah?
Maybe I'm reading too much into this statement, but...

Anyways, if you think that straight people aren't being marginalized, or that they don't need to worry about their rights, you only need to look at this very thing and other attempts at straight pride marches that have outright been banned to see that you're wrong.

You don't have to like any of it, but pretending that these things arent issues or that they don't matter is no better than the people that fought against pride marches back in the day before they were coopted by politics and business.

Kids are being raised to believe that they'll be special if they become pansexuals, trannies, gender fluid, or a dozen other mental illness identities, but somehow the idea of celebrating just being straight is the problem. God fordbid we teach the 95% of normal kids that it's OK to be themselves.

This and other comments sure make it seem like you actually take this seriously.

Also, you say "people such as myself think..." and then proceed to name off some shit I certainly didn't say. I will say though, yeah, the idea of a majority class wanting to "celebrate themself" is a joke. The idea of identity defining you is a joke in general, but extra if you're actually a part of the class that controls literally everything. Extra extra if you're part of a group simultaneously railing against identity politics and then engaging in them.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Also, you say "people such as myself think..." and then proceed to name off some shit I certainly didn't say. I will say though, yeah, the idea of a majority class wanting to "celebrate themself" is a joke. The idea of identity defining you is a joke in general, but extra if you're actually a part of the class that controls literally everything. Extra extra if you're part of a group simultaneously railing against identity politics and then engaging in them.

There will always be marginalized and oppressed people. This will never end. Status quo will never be achieved. If you really think that only people that fit within these groups get to celebrate themselves, for whatever reason, then you are actively advocating for the majority of the population to have fewer rights than them forever. This is outright discrimination, whether it's against a majority group or not.

Tolerance is not achieved by being intolerant to people, and it most certainly will not be fucking achieved by giving super special rainbow privileges to people so that it becomes a club to smack people over the head with to elevate those people above others in a social setting, or to make them immune to criticism. That's how you get 8 year old children twerking in nothing but jean shorts while surrounded by perverts, and any criticisms of it are responded to with raving lunatics screaming about homophobia.

Everyone gets equal rights. Period. And that needs to include something as universally derided as straight pride, or even white pride, or whatever the fuck pride, or we just stay on the special status treadmill that is gaining speed with every year.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There will always be marginalized and oppressed people. This will never end. Status quo will never be achieved. If you really think that only people that fit within these groups get to celebrate themselves, for whatever reason, then you are actively advocating for the majority of the population to have fewer rights than them forever. This is outright discrimination, whether it's against a majority group or not.

Tolerance is not achieved by being intolerant to people, and it most certainly will not be fucking achieved by giving super special rainbow privileges to people so that it becomes a club to smack people over the head with to elevate those people above others in a social setting, or to make them immune to criticism. That's how you get 8 year old children twerking in nothing but jean shorts while surrounded by perverts, and any criticisms of it are responded to with raving lunatics screaming about homophobia.

Everyone gets equal rights. Period. And that needs to include something as universally derided as straight pride, or even white pride, or whatever the fuck pride, or we just stay on the special status treadmill that is gaining speed with every year.
I didn't say any group is the only one that "gets" to do anything. I said it's a joke. The entire idea of gay pride is rooted in the historic suppression of the lifestyle and the people associated with it. If you take a group, take away the historic suppression part, and just have a "pride" movement, there's no one stopping you from doing it. It's just a silly thing to take seriously. Trolls gonna troll, and that's all well and good. When trolls start believing their own troll, it's just weird.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Faget

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Alright you cucks, I've read most of the posts and am caught up... Four things on the plate that I would like to serve up tonight (going in reverse order) but idk... time/focus/energy dependent (I'm already overworked and sleep deprived but c'est la vie):

#4 Going to make a side post specifically for chaos chaos to discuss stuff since he stands out as a different mindset than most of y'all on this.
#3 Going to make a side post specifically for Punko Punko because he enjoys coming at me to get wrecked and I'm driving a dump truck.
#2 Going to make another mountain post for general replies and whatnot.
#1 This vid on my YouTube feed that I haven't watched yet but my spidey sense is tingling that it's gonna be a lulzy watch:

^ So watch that while I type up a few frenzied replies since I have some free time away from work / family / friends and my pretend girlfriend (i.e. my magic wand).

tenor.gif

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Dude I'd encourage you to go back in my posts on this thread, and tell me where I've done any of this. In fact, I'm one of the few in this thread that believes GD is real (though I also believe it's being heavily abused), and have no issues with Vanessa. We merely have a few disagreements around things like puberty blockers and shit. That's healthy. It's not trolling, etc.

At one point, we as a society were at the point where most people could have been reasonable with this shit, but too many people took YOUR position of "lol! its only on the internet" and dismissed all this shit as a fad which allowed them to push into crazy land as opposed to something reasonable. Now, even you are sitting back and say "wow, this has gone pretty far".

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Alright you cucks, I've read most of the posts and am caught up... Four things on the plate that I would like to serve up tonight (going in reverse order) but idk... time/focus/energy dependent (I'm already overworked and sleep deprived but c'est la vie):

#4 Going to make a side post specifically for chaos chaos to discuss stuff since he stands out as a different mindset than most of y'all on this.
#3 Going to make a side post specifically for Punko Punko because he enjoys coming at me to get wrecked and I'm driving a dump truck.
#1 This vid on my YouTube feed that I haven't watched yet but my spidey sense is tingling that it's gonna be a lulzy watch:

^ So watch that while I type up a few frenzied replies since I have some free time away from work / family / friends and my pretend girlfriend (i.e. my magic wand).

View attachment 217932
Yea, couldn't do it. There's too much cringe.

I made it as far as "I'm intersex" and I just had to shut 'er down.

How can you believe Yaniv? How do I know this is any different than the mobility scooter bullshit?

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude I'd encourage you to go back in my posts on this thread, and tell me where I've done any of this. In fact, I'm one of the few in this thread that believes GD is real (though I also believe it's being heavily abused), and have no issues with Vanessa. We merely have a few disagreements around things like puberty blockers and shit. That's healthy. It's not trolling, etc.

At one point, we as a society were at the point where most people could have been reasonable with this shit, but too many people took YOUR position of "lol! its only on the internet" and dismissed all this shit as a fad which allowed them to push into crazy land as opposed to something reasonable. Now, even you are sitting back and say "wow, this has gone pretty far".
That was just in response to the pic there, which implied that the troll parade was actually an attempt at accomplishing something productive. Or, beyond any specific event, that the idea on trolling/mocking on that level is helping to solve any problem.

Again, that isnt my position, that's just you distorting something I once said years ago. And it has gone pretty far. Not, I dont believe, as far as I would probably think if I locked myself in an outrage echo chamber with this shit, but yeah, it's getting weird when Mario Lopez is getting shit on by the internet press for saying that 3 year olds dont know what the fuck they're talking about. It's important to push back against that kind of thing, but I dont think that changing the focus to "straight rights" is going to be a positive step.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Again, that isnt my position, that's just you distorting something I once said years ago. And it has gone pretty far. Not, I dont believe, as far as I would probably think if I locked myself in an outrage echo chamber with this shit, but yeah, it's getting weird when Mario Lopez is getting shit on by the internet press for saying that 3 year olds dont know what the fuck they're talking about. It's important to push back against that kind of thing, but I dont think that changing the focus to "straight rights" is going to be a positive step.

When you have the internet dogpiling on Mario Lopez for that kind thing, changing the focus to troll is the only thing left to do. What else can you do? Be reasonable with these people? Of course, you'd answer with "I don't know the answer", and here we are.

Also, side note: Straight pride parade has nothing to do with straight "rights". Yes, it's a troll job. Their point, however, is that a straight parade in 2019 is needed just as much as a pride parade in 2019 is.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

View attachment 217932

Remember to hydrate and get some calories while writing your manifestos.

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When you have the internet dogpiling on Mario Lopez for that kind thing, changing the focus to troll is the only thing left to do. What else can you do? Be reasonable with these people? Of course, you'd answer with "I don't know the answer", and here we are.

Also, side note: Straight pride parade has nothing to do with straight "rights". Yes, it's a troll job. Their point, however, is that a straight parade in 2019 is needed just as much as a pride parade in 2019 is.
I don't agree that a 2019 pride parade is unneeded. Generally, those are about more than just rights, but even if rights were the focus it isn't as if they have just won, all opposition has given up and they can go home. What rights they've won at the federal level are hanging by the thread of an increasingly conservative court, and there's constant movement at the state level. Nothing is over, rock.

I also disagree that the only response to people being ignorant shitheads is to be an ignorant shithead. Yes, you can be reasonable. There's a reasonable, scientific argument against this specific issue, and there's a pretty fucking strong emotional and ethical appeal as well. While it isn't widespread, it's pretty disturbing that somewhere in this country there's a community embracing this kind of treatment of children and instead of advocating for those children it's just throw your hands up and "for the lulz, lads".

It's a hard thing to do, with the political polarization these days I'm not sure what person on the right could even talk to a larger audience about this issue and have any credibility at all. But someone should be fucking trying.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't agree that a 2019 pride parade is unneeded. Generally, those are about more than just rights, but even if rights were the focus it isn't as if they have just won, all opposition has given up and they can go home. What rights they've won at the federal level are hanging by the thread of an increasingly conservative court, and there's constant movement at the state level. Nothing is over, rock.

I disagree. Have you been to a pride parade? It's 95% over the top competition on who can be more gay/queer. The remaining 5% of a latch-on for corporations to virtue signal and feel good about themselves. It's not a march for rights anymore. It's a "We're gay, and we're going to show you how much pride we have for being gay".

I also disagree that the only response to people being ignorant shitheads is to be an ignorant shithead. Yes, you can be reasonable. There's a reasonable, scientific argument against this specific issue, and there's a pretty fucking strong emotional and ethical appeal as well. While it isn't widespread, it's pretty disturbing that somewhere in this country there's a community embracing this kind of treatment of children and instead of advocating for those children it's just throw your hands up and "for the lulz, lads".

I'm sorry, but I do disagree here. You are jumping on one side of the argument for doing things for the lulz, but you're completely ignoring the fact that the other side has no, none, zip, zero, nada interest in hearing our argument. You're acting like people haven't raised the alarm on this for the last few years, only for those to be fired, shunned, dogpiled on, and labeled in exceptional hateful ways. There's no point, anymore, to try to have a rational conversation with them. In fact, it's probably dangerous to do so. So shitposting and doing stupid protests "for the lulz" is all that's left if you want to engage in this in any way.

It's a hard thing to do, with the political polarization these days I'm not sure what person on the right could even talk to a larger audience about this issue and have any credibility at all. But someone should be fucking trying.

Have you not been paying attention to the huge number of people who've been trying only to be deplatformed, depersoned, banned from twitter/etc, or otherwise had their lives ruined? Why on earth should they try?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.