Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khegor's End is pretty sweet looking

ScreenShot_00000.JPG

ScreenShot_00001.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Forget ESO and FF14, I need to play this for my next big MMO binge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We always check to see who is online before we start dungeon runs (Best part of the game). I try to look for forum names, but if I don't see any I call out to world looking for people.

Also, there are commands that change character levels and the mentor system so you can group up still. I'm playing a bit of everything just because it's so fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Immersion is the secret ingredient.

I got to 10 then got the worst stomach flu of my life last 2 days. I'll be on some as Skullmogger the psionicist. Looks like they found a way to balance enchanters with charm in this one.

Pscionicist was also known as one of the few dot kiting classes early on for taking down big dot mobs in xp grps.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Psionicist is a class type I've always wanted to play. Bard sounds super-awesome though. So I might as well flip a coin between them whenever I check this out.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Blood Mage stances working? Can't imagine playing one without stances.

By far my favorite MMORPG class of all time. I tried other alts after getting my Blood Mage to max level and geared up, but ended up just making a BMG alt, then another when that one got to mid level.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

Blood Mage stances working? Can't imagine playing one without stances.

By far my favorite MMORPG class of all time. I tried other alts after getting my Blood Mage to max level and geared up, but ended up just making a BMG alt, then another when that one got to mid level.
Yes they're working I was playing one earlier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
We always check to see who is online before we start dungeon runs (Best part of the game). I try to look for forum names, but if I don't see any I call out to world looking for people.
Yeah when I’ve done a /who all I feel like half of the server is people in this thread that just realized this was in a semi-playable state lol

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Khegor's End is pretty sweet looking

Yep, that dungeon was really fun. I loved how cavernous it was. Was one of my favorites and one I had no idea existed for a long time. I think the entrance is just out in a random cliff somewhere and it gives no indication of being that big. I may be mixing up the entrance but whatever, that dungeon was cool.

After looking I’m sure I’m mixing that dungeon up with something else. The one I was thinking of was like a mid level dungeon. No idea what the name was, my memory is too shitty! Maybe darguns tomb.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dont play a rogue btw.

Probably 2/3 of my abilities do not work, including class defining stuff like their sap ability. I dont think they really put much work into this project anymore, I played this close to a year ago and all of these same abilities were broken then. Its fun to mess around with, but what you see is kinda what you get without expectation of any sort of real improvement.

Hekotat

Dont play a rogue btw.

Probably 2/3 of my abilities do not work, including class defining stuff like their sap ability. I dont think they really put much work into this project anymore, I played this close to a year ago and all of these same abilities were broken then. Its fun to mess around with, but what you see is kinda what you get without expectation of any sort of real improvement.

They seem to be doing updates nightly. THe finished a zone when I was online like 2 days ago. They might be prioritizing some things.

Hekotat

About to do some dungeons if anyone wants in. Send a tell to Hosix since I'm not sure which char I'll be on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1641096536422.png

Well, this is pretty cool. I like the look and feel of it a lot, very much like EQ except with 5 more years of evolution.

1641096678251.png

Cat starting area has a pretty impressive sky.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it feels so similar to EQ2 that if someone told me this was actually an EQ2 emulator I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Surprised they didn't get sued by the EQ owners in general.

I assume this is much better than EQ2, however, given how fondly this is remembered and EQ2 isn't.

I like how fast the leveling speed is, and the way you can cast while moving (with some slowdown). Never seen another MMO from this era do that, and it's a solution to the constant "cast interrupted" thing you deal with while moving in EQ (unless you know to always turn slightly). Also a solution to kiting being too overpowered, without making it un-viable, just need to plan it a little bit.

Good game, I'll give it a real whirl at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd imagine they spent a massive amount of time sorting out every little thing after hooking up that beautiful database.

They have patch notes and might take on some help?

This game deserves a big chance. My biggest take away is everything isn't brown (far from it), which I was expecting based on what some people here would like me to believe....

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'd imagine they spent a massive amount of time sorting out every little thing after hooking up that beautiful database.

They have patch notes and might take on some help?

This game deserves a big chance. My biggest take away is everything isn't brown (far from it), which I was expecting based on what some people here would like me to believe....
It isn't all brown it is too much brown, once you run some dungeons with doors and worked walls you will see what we mean.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I don't like about it is that it feels so similar to EQ2 that if someone told me this was actually an EQ2 emulator I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Surprised they didn't get sued by the EQ owners in general.
Vanguard is brown, EQ2 is shiny.