Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the area near the dam has two decent weapon quests, from the sandland ladies over near the lake. There's one to kill Gorukar or something like that, a big fat turtle, and then you hand the shell to a dorf and he makes another weapon. It's a bit tricksy because you don't really know what you are going to get, so you might end up with 2 of the same thing, or might not be able to use any of the shell rewards.

Also there's a ton of quests for Kegger's dungeon at the dam. I did that ages ago, but haven't done it recently, been waiting on a chance to do it with some friends.
It's probably been three years or so since I've been to Three Rivers but I believe there a bunch of stackable repeatable quests that are basically "Kill x amount of X". So you go to town...get the quests, then just go grind in a nearby camp for a while, turn them in and repeat.

I know you said you hate questing, but the town is right next to it...it's more like grinding, return to town to sell garbage and get some bonus exp, rinse, repeat.

If I'm not correct about that area, I apologize, like I said it's been a long time :p
Thanks to both of you
redface.png

We will try to avoid doing most "quests" as far as we can and see how it goes. Is there a good dou-able dungeon for level 10-13ish near Three Rivers?

redface.png

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
You could go up in the mountains to the oathbreaker caves up near bordinars. Mixed 2 and 3 dot enemy dorfs, some fairly nice loot scattered about, and a couple quests that lead to some really nice shoulder armor.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Thanks to both of you
redface.png

We will try to avoid doing most "quests" as far as we can and see how it goes. Is there a good dou-able dungeon for level 10-13ish near Three Rivers?
Kojan has some really fun low level dungeons. Much more noob friendly I found then Thestra was.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Thanks to both of you
redface.png

There is a fun quest line that leads u into a bugbear den that is mid teens starts in 3r. Also u have rift seekers torrent 8-12 and khegors ( which rocks 13-17 ) .

Otherwise try the floating islands dungeon notheast of jalen's crossing in kojan ( u can rift right near quest giver ) nice shoulders reward I think

Go get infomap and download it. Great map mod shows u where all the dungeons r

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Xennu Energy Shards are going to be the bane of my existence, but I love me some good clickies. If any of you guys playing need help from someone in the low 40s just holler at Lemywinks. My shard farming is boooorrrinnng.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
think that is bad try doing the cragwind weapon line rofl. i got lucky and joined a pre made group

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Friend and I just started up on a whim as neither of us tried Vanguard mainly due to the bad press at release. Im rolling Dread Knight and buddy is Necro, 16-12ish lvl wise. Can't imagine this is the most efficent duo but wondering if it'll be good enough for awhile. If class swapping would open more doors, Im certainly all ears. Trying to keep us in dungeons as much as I can. Any in our level range or coming up that I should make sure to hit? We're on Quelia continent or whatever it's called,

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another upstart here, currently at 23 on a Disciple, played a Cleric in beta and never picked up the game at release, really enjoying the class so far however, forgot all about the whole offensive/defensive targeting, makes healing actually enjoyable. What are people doing for guilds? Is there a popular leveling guild people recommend? If anyone wants to do some group quests hit me up, same name.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So what are classes like these days? I always thought VG had the best class design. What's everything like now?

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
everyone either is a disciple, boxes a disciple, or has an alt that is a disciple

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
think that is bad try doing the cragwind weapon line rofl. i got lucky and joined a pre made group
It used to be a much longer grind when you needed 500 shards instead of the current 90. If you are able to use the sword with the 10% dmg clicky than it is well worth it as you will be using it pretty much forever. Takes about a second to hit my macro that swaps it into my offhand and activates it and than swap back to my normal wep.

If anyone is interested in getting into raiding and wants to avoid the PUG scene the guild I am in, Ducimus, is currently recruiting.http://vgducimus.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3942558

Good on tanks and healers but could use some more melee DPS, Necros, Druids and PSIs. Level 45+ would be for the best but if you are not quite there app anyway as we have had people join us when they were level 30ish who are now raiding with us. Raids are on Tuesday and Thursday nights (8pm EST to 11pm EST). DKP based but just about everyone is rolling around in T3 PoTA w/ Epics so if you want loot there is plenty to go around.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Went to check out VG F2P and it crashed as soon as I logged in. Lol
Some things never change! You will find out that it is like playing a time warp, a nice little slice of 2007 for you.

As for classes, my experiences are limited. I played a disciple to 30; total 'I Win' in both solo and group scenarios. They just steamroll across the landscape, dominating all shit in their paths. I also tinkered around with a Death Knight - also badass but not quite as steamroller as the disciple; and a Paladin into the 30s. After the disciple and death knight, paladin was like stabbing yourself in the eye. Takes forever to kill shit, and if you are fighting a healer, forget about it, you are going to be there all damn day. As a tank, though, very good; soloist, not so much. Also played a ranger into the 20s, was pretty fun and reminiscent of the ranger of old EQ, which I loved.

I saw plenty of disciples, DKs, and rangers around the early zones. Cloth classes other than Necro and Plate classes other than DK seemed non-existent. I know they are out there because I would see them on their fancy dragons with their glowing cloaks flying around, but it didn't seem like the wave of F2P 'new blood' was interested in anything other than that which could solo to max level in an expeditious manner.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I actually tried all the classes up to 14, expecting I'd go on to do the Kegger's dorf dungeon, but haven't yet. (usually play in short chunks when I get time)

For clothies my fave is probably Psionicist. Sorcerer I honestly thought I had some kind of bug because I could just obliterate stuff. Blood mage is powerful but fragile. Druid is good nuking fun with some handy utility. Necromancers I found to be very clumsy. The pet is always in the way, and the assist stuff toggles off on its own quite a bit. Very annoying to play.

Paladin I also did not like much. Very slow. Shadowknight is nice at tanking and good damage. Warriors play pretty well too. Ranger is great once you get the crit shot. Monks are good fun, alot like eq monks. Rogues are good fun, lots of damage. I don't have many tricksy trickses yet, just basic stealth at level 14.

I love the Cleric. I found a nice maul and used it leveling up and just smashed things down. Leveled up really quick solo, but maybe that changes later. Bards are fassssssssssssssst, great for a 2nd box character to run you around. Disciples are very good as has been said. Lots of regen power.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I logged in again, ran to the first quest character and my computer was hitching every 5 seconds. Yeah no thanks.