Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You should 3 box Terran and even then you wouldn't require the APM of a single Brood War game any race
You're making a strong late-season run as worst poster of 2013. Since you don't even know that the average APM of a SC2 game is higher than the average APM of a BW game. You could argue the difficulty of the games and I'd agree but it is still dumb to say SC2 plays slower than BW. Not to mention BW APM is f1, box, move to minerals, worker, worker, f2, box, move to minerals, worker, worker (repeat this for like 5 function keys). f6, select rax, marine, marine marine marine marine marine, f7, select fact, vulture vulture vulture tank tank tank.

2002User

You're making a strong late-season run as worst poster of 2013. Since you don't even know that the average APM of a SC2 game is higher than the average APM of a BW game. You could argue the difficulty of the games and I'd agree but it is still dumb to say SC2 plays slower than BW. Not to mention BW APM is f1, box, move to minerals, worker, worker, f2, box, move to minerals, worker, worker (repeat this for like 5 function keys). f6, select rax, marine, marine marine marine marine marine, f7, select fact, vulture vulture vulture tank tank tank.
The average APM of a SC2 game isn't higher than BW, not in a million years. Even if it was, by "anyone can do it APM" such as pressing szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to make a million zerglings, obtaining higher EAPM in Brood War is vastly more difficult. Often you see very good BW players with 200-250+ EAPM, far more EAPM required for a simple newbie game like SC2. I don't know how you sadists can even stand to watch 'professional' SC2 games. Camp on 3 base max out 1 fight a move gg shit game. 2010 esports fans, LOL!

Anyways, done derailing this thread but it's hard to leave stupidity unchecked.

Tenks

The average APM of a SC2 game isn't higher than BW, not in a million years. Even if it was, by "anyone can do it APM" such as pressing szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to make a million zerglings, obtaining higher EAPM in Brood War is vastly more difficult. Often you see very good BW players with 200-250+ EAPM, far more EAPM required for a simple newbie game like SC2. I don't know how you sadists can even stand to watch 'professional' SC2 games. Camp on 3 base max out 1 fight a move gg shit game. 2010 esports fans, LOL!

Anyways, done derailing this thread but it's hard to leave stupidity unchecked.
You're so stupid this is a lost cause. I'll just say July, one of the fastest BW players, had average APM compared to younger SC2 pros like GuMiHo.

wtf this thread is about vanguard not some shitty unbalanced rts game
To be fair SC2 is balanced. Arguably more balanced than BW ever was. It is just stale.

2002User

You're so stupid this is a lost cause. I'll just say July, one of the fastest BW players, had average APM compared to younger SC2 pros like GuMiHo.
SC2 still sucks though, is boring to watch, and lesser skilled players frequently take games off the top players in the world because of the minuscule skill ceiling. BW is one of the most critically acclaimed video games of all time as well as most difficult RTS/game ever created. Enjoy mediocrity '10er.

Tenks

I don't know what a '10'er is nor would I feel insulted simply by someone who feels since he was interested in eSports longer than someone else as somehow smarter. Since you are clearly not. Also if you actually posted on FOH, which at this point I have no clue if you did or not, your dumbass would know I was one of the more frequent posters about the BW professional scene in Korea. Then, along with Zaphid, probably the most frequent SC2 posters. I am aware of the strong points of BW and aware of the weak points of BW. I am aware of the strong points of SC2 and the weak points of SC2. You, however, are just a complete moron who can't actually materialize an argument. I owned SC2 and BW the day of release. I watched WCS as 2 hatch mutalisk dominated the foreign scene and was laughable in the Korean scene. I saw the rise and fall of NaDa and the best BW player to ever take the keyboard. But continue to just shut your eyes and cover year ears going "no no no" as an argument.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't know what a '10'er is nor would I feel insulted simply by someone who feels since he was interested in eSports longer than someone else as somehow smarter. Since you are clearly not. Also if you actually posted on FOH, which at this point I have no clue if you did or not, your dumbass would know I was one of the more frequent posters about the BW professional scene in Korea. Then, along with Zaphid, probably the most frequent SC2 posters. I am aware of the strong points of BW and aware of the weak points of BW. I am aware of the strong points of SC2 and the weak points of SC2. You, however, are just a complete moron who can't actually materialize an argument. I owned SC2 and BW the day of release. I watched WCS as 2 hatch mutalisk dominated the foreign scene and was laughable in the Korean scene. I saw the rise and fall of NaDa and the best BW player to ever take the keyboard. But continue to just shut your eyes and cover year ears going "no no no" as an argument.
ooooohhhhh-sheet_o_382355.gif

Bruman

Golden Squire
I know Vanguard chat isn't super exciting, but why the fuck do you two continue to talk about SC here? Go somewhere else, take it to PMs, etc.

Anyways, the Cave of Wonders new gear stuff is interesting. Not that I'm at max level or will likely ever be.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I hope its good. My characters are 46 so I'll be reaching the high levels for the first time soon. I really hope there is stuff for me to do that I'll enjoy.

calla_sl

shitlord
cave of wonders? definintely not. its for people who've been stuck at 55 with no content aka 90% of the server. if the devs stick to what they are actually planning, cow will require cob to completed. and in order to complete cob you will most likely need to finish your pota gear.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
cave of wonders? definintely not. its for people who've been stuck at 55 with no content aka 90% of the server. if the devs stick to what they are actually planning, cow will require cob to completed. and in order to complete cob you will most likely need to finish your pota gear.
That's fine by me, as long as it's actually good. I have one of every class now and all but two of them are about 46. I just keep restarting at that point because all I hear about the high levels is that there's not much content and it's very grindy. I don't know anything about it really, but if I can spend some time doing POTA and hopefully that's not too boring, then hopefully I can do COB (whatever that is) and then hopefully this CoW thing.

I can cope with grind so long as there's something fun to look forward to at the end of it. But grind just to reach yet more grind, meh :/

Although my main concern at the moment is if the game will even last that long. I bought the backpack today on all 6 characters because its on sale at 250 SC (the backpack with xp boost). So figured I'd treat myself. But can't help but think they might just close this server any day.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
are any of you playing guilded ? I am wondering if there is a good "returning players guild" most of my chars were in twilight song but i logged in and the guild seemed near death... thoughts ?

calla_sl

shitlord
That's fine by me, as long as it's actually good. I have one of every class now and all but two of them are about 46. I just keep restarting at that point because all I hear about the high levels is that there's not much content and it's very grindy. I don't know anything about it really, but if I can spend some time doing POTA and hopefully that's not too boring, then hopefully I can do COB (whatever that is) and then hopefully this CoW thing.

I can cope with grind so long as there's something fun to look forward to at the end of it. But grind just to reach yet more grind, meh :/

Although my main concern at the moment is if the game will even last that long. I bought the backpack today on all 6 characters because its on sale at 250 SC (the backpack with xp boost). So figured I'd treat myself. But can't help but think they might just close this server any day.
vg's been like this for the longest time. although the f2p boxes have supposedly helped a lot. if you want to support vg, then support it. if not, then don't. thats pretty much my take on it. personally, i'm done with multiple subscriptions to the game. if i want to buy something from the shop, ill just buy it from the broker. if i'm going to actually subscribe again, i'd have to see noticeable improvements to server performance and somewhat regular content updates.

for you, i'd say there's plenty of content to go through. you may not be able to experience apw in its entirety (could be good, could be bad depending on who you ask) but there's a bunch of group/raid content that you can do as you get closer to 55.

are any of you playing guilded ? I am wondering if there is a good "returning players guild" most of my chars were in twilight song but i logged in and the guild seemed near death... thoughts ?
not really just look in the recruitment thread over on the official forum and see what guilds are recruiting. there are 0 guilds that are closed to recruiting, selective, maybe but this game sieves players and the only way guilds survive is to keep the door open for anyone as long as that person isn't an asshole.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
for you, i'd say there's plenty of content to go through. you may not be able to experience apw in its entirety (could be good, could be bad depending on who you ask) but there's a bunch of group/raid content that you can do as you get closer to 55.
Thanks that sounds good! Everronye i spoke to said it is grindy but its fun. I am motivated to try it now.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
POTA and your epic basically will be your door to COB. However Im only 52 so take that with a grain of salt. what is your name in game? can pm me if you want

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you still do that island at 50 to 55 then have to grind out POTA tiers etc? Is it still a long grind?

calla_sl

shitlord
you mean sod? yea. the grind isn't as long as it was before. a lot of the steps to finish pota have been simplified. but sod/bod are the two primary places you still get slivers from.