Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Ferocity and defiance? Also does anyone know if there a list of lockbox spawn points online somewhere? I bought a ton of keys earlier in the year when it was cheap and I've been using them on groundspawn lockboxes. Got a bunch of decent items from them! I found one in a dungeon that respawned 3 times in the same spot, something like 10 minutes apart. Got some nice stuff. But it hasn't spawned since
frown.png

I also saw one in Kaon's Rush the little elf village thing, it was just outside the back of one of the buildings. And then I saw a third one in the dungeon nearby, the something something of Ingolas. It's almost straight ahead as you enter. Those last two haven't had any respawns though. ]

It makes me wonder how many of these locations there. The rate for good items seems to be much higher than from the dropped lockboxes, so I hoped to get some kind of list.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Before I consider trying VG in its current incarnation, I have two questions..

Question 1: Is there any open PvP in Vanguard?

Question 2: If not can one duel in Vanguard?

All interest hinges on pvp.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Only duels as far as I know. There's all of one server and it's PVE. I have a hard to imagining there being any worthwhile PVP experience with how small the population is, how huge the world is and with it being a PVE server.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Vanguard is still one of the better pve games if you've willing to focus on grouping and all that entails (organizing a static group or being willing to form pugs or have a bot army, etc).

Vanguard is the antithesis of pvp. But yeah, there's dueling.

calla_sl

shitlord
i dont think anyone would be willing to share the locs, but i do know that the chests are kind of like harvesting nodes in a given area. i'm not sure how the loot works with the chests since the weapon/armor tiers depend on the lockbox tier.

calla_sl

shitlord
cave of wonders up on test with vendors to get people to 55.

this places makes me weep for what vg vould have been
frown.png

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Is it any good? I'm still leveling up yet another new character. I HAVE to take this one to 55 because I've run out of alts, I literally have one of every class now so... onwards I go or just quit. It's hard to find the motivation to keep grinding out these shitty quests, especially seeing as I literally can *never* find a group. I rarely see another person the entire time I play, and even the chat is often dead too. Dead game is so dead. But I wanna keep going and get to 50+ because I've played it for years and never got to see that stuff. It sounds dull but there are people I know who have not left the game for 3+ years and play it every day, so there must be at least something there that hooks people.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember being in a guild with Oloh and a bunch of the class leads when this first came out. One of the coolest memories I had was going through the necropolis dungeon (Nusibe or something like that) with one of the devs who did at least some of the content listening in on our vent. I pulled a scorpion to the group and these very large NPC's standing in a circle in the room agro and kill me. I hear "hmm... thats not supposed to happen" and then some time later see the patch notes address the agro issue. I tried to get him to add a chalk outline of some kind where I died, but it was a no go
frown.png
It was just kinda sad to see what happened to what I really really wanted to be my next mmo home.

calla_sl

shitlord
the only way youre going to get past all the 50+ content is to join a decent guild. if youre not in a guild, i'd say thats the first thing you should do asap

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Are there still decent level 50+ guilds around? I've played a few alts and shit seems dead for grouping at lower levels, so I've thought maybe I'd just take my level 50 blood mage to 55+ and see the rest of the raid/group content for those levels, with the hopes that at higher levels there'd be more players pooled. I do miss the high(er) level group and raid content in Vanguard, as it was imo some of the best the genre has ever seen. Of course, I have no clue how it is now. I'm talking about dying over and over to Akande at less than 5%, which to me was fun. Everything may be a cakewalk now and not as fun.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
booo.

no red? enuff said.
It's a shame Flex , I played at launch on the faction based PVP server as a Vulmane (wofie) , and remember scraps with the High elves often around one of their early villages past their main city. It was pretty fun having a bunch of Wold Shaman chasing the elves around.

calla_sl

shitlord
there are always guilds looking for more people. if you're 50+ and returning to the game, i'd recommend just looking through the recruiting folder on the officials and see who's looking for what. as far as exp goes, its sad how easy soe made leveling in this game. the devs recently revamped the ot dungeon and a few of the easy quests for the dungeon give insane amounts of exp.

the community in vanguard in probably as bad as any game i've experienced.

even IF you find a group, expect 100% retards, it's what FTP does to a game

im in a guild right now with my 55 disciple and these guys are fucking retards. it's embarrassing watching them coordinate kills

Ridas

Pay to play forum
What guilds are people in still playing VG? Im curious if I know somebody from RR playing VG.

Kaljin

N00b
I remember being in a guild with Oloh and a bunch of the class leads when this first came out. One of the coolest memories I had was going through the necropolis dungeon (Nusibe or something like that) with one of the devs who did at least some of the content listening in on our vent. I pulled a scorpion to the group and these very large NPC's standing in a circle in the room agro and kill me. I hear "hmm... thats not supposed to happen" and then some time later see the patch notes address the agro issue. I tried to get him to add a chalk outline of some kind where I died, but it was a no go
frown.png
It was just kinda sad to see what happened to what I really really wanted to be my next mmo home.
Oloh always made things fun, especially in Tera.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I do but only very casually - like a few hours a week or something. I have such a hard time motivating myself these days to grind. And by that I mean that I literally possess about 1% will to play. I log in for a few hours and bang out a few quests, kick shit out of some undead or do a dungeon crawl or something, and then I'm done. I go from 38 to 39 or something but then I just want to log out and play something else. And the next night I am wary of logging back in because without a group, progress is so slow, and groups are hard to find. It's so much easier to just play Batman or something for a bit.

Basically I need alcohol or weed for Vanguard.

p.s. Flex, fwiw, there used to be a pvp server
frown.png
But all the servers got closed when everyone quit the game heh. This game only has one server now, pretty sad.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Vanguard had a really good base for PvP but it was ruined by some ridiculous imbalances & bugs which they could easily have fixed but either never did, or took many months to do so. Like bards invis song making enemies lose target of anyone in their group every pulse even if they could see invis... The ability of some classes to 1 shot other players.. Rampant speed/invuln/etc hacking. Still it had some of the best group PvP I've had in an MMO. Fighting over PvE content like dungeons is the pinnacle of MMO PvP as far as I'm concerned.