Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yep...51-55 sucked. I'd say just keep 1-50, retune some armor...retune any 51+ overland mobs and the dungeon reworks that came later to be lvl 50 content and call it a day.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Fully populated and itemized 1-50 with the slower leveling curve is something I'd try to set up a few static dungeon crawling groups for, as that would basically be what the game should have been at launch. 51+ is wasted resources doing anything but cutting it. I don't know anyone that would disagree, either.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here is another video showing guild creation and started implementing lua get functions also here is a few update notes as of lately.

1. Guild creation, invite, promote, demote, MOTD, notes and guild chat all work
2. Did a change to how character attachments are replicated to hopefully fix not seeing other players equipment when they log in next to you.
3. Guild tag's should now be seen on other characters.
4. You can now select what gear you want to display on your character
5. Implemented cycling of your weapons sheathed and unsheathed.
6. Improved draft movement mechanics of doors - click a door to make it open and a bit later close.
7. Added in sending/storing of character adventure/crafting allocation points
8. Hide Helm and Hide Cloak will now not show either if you have chosen to hide them on the character select screen
9. Hide Cloak now works at the character select screen
10. Rifts system
11. Updated Dungeons, Diplomacy and Starting Items code
12. Added preliminary code for storing and loading vendor items.
13. Added repair items from merchant.
14. Added first round of mail operations.

And of course the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWzU...ature=youtu.be

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I was actually thinking the other day, we could just increase bank space and drop housing all together, because that was all it was good for. Think of all the land mass we could use for future content. ^.^
Boooo. Wife and I REALLY liked the housing. It was one of the top 5 things we was looking forward to in the emu. Vanguard has boatloads of land mass without removing the housing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Boooo. Wife and I REALLY liked the housing. It was one of the top 5 things we was looking forward to in the emu. Vanguard has boatloads of land mass without removing the housing.
Just curious what you liked about it? I had zero interest in it. I kind of understood people wanting boats as you could drive it around (although other than that is was totally worthless) and say look I have a boat, but the housing I didn't understand. Housing seemed like a lot of work for extra storage space and an extra Gate location.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Housing could have been cool if there were a point. I remember the early days them talking about persistent housing so you could open your own crafting shop or have a merchant while you weren't logged in. It was a pie-in-the-sky bust from day zero, though. Just sort of a thing to tinker with when you were really, really, really bored and wanted to be in the middle of nowhere.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I wasn't paying attention to MMOs when VG was in dev, checked it out years later, enjoyed the island, heard the game was dead as soon as you left, didn't come back until it went to F2P, and quit after multiple times of failing work orders due to crashing chunks. All that to say - I haven't played a ton of VG and there's obviously so much I don't know about the game. I think I got into the 30s?

That said - I didn't even know the damn thing had housing.

Took another look at the project tracker for the Emu - I know there's a ton more work to do, and probably always will be, but you guys have made huge strides. Pretty awesome work.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Housing could have been cool if there were a point. I remember the early days them talking about persistent housing so you could open your own crafting shop or have a merchant while you weren't logged in. It was a pie-in-the-sky bust from day zero, though. Just sort of a thing to tinker with when you were really, really, really bored and wanted to be in the middle of nowhere.
Housing was useful on the PVP server, was able to clip through walls with rugs if you placed them at an angle and go under the terrain to scout enemies nearby. Getting to the top of the guild castle let you clip through the outer perimeter wall and go under the world floor.

The bottom of rugs were unrenderable (invisible) made for neat little escape routes on guild plots.

Useful for targeting enemies for necro zone wide pet assist trains.

50/50/50 CLR/Bsmith/diplo

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Just curious what you liked about it? I had zero interest in it. I kind of understood people wanting boats as you could drive it around (although other than that is was totally worthless) and say look I have a boat, but the housing I didn't understand. Housing seemed like a lot of work for extra storage space and an extra Gate location.
Thats a good question haha. Kinda tough to pinpoint but 1) Really liked the NON-instanced housing. That house, no one else in the game could own it, it was mine. 2) Wife and I really got into VG. It was our separate world, universe. We had as much stuff as we could afford to make it actually look like a house. Table, chairs, lighting, EVERYTHING. Wife would even decorate our houses for each holiday. We had Christmas trees during Christmas etc... 3) But I think why I really liked the housing was the stuff in the house, everything told a story of how it got there. We would look at items and laugh, "Hey babe, remember when we got that and that big ass alligator ate me", or, "Remember when that quest turned me into a wolf and I had to run through all the objectives before it wore off and I would have been standing in the middle of 25 angry mobs".....crap like that. The house and its contents was a living reminder of things I'd done in game, places I'd been, mobs I'd killed, it was all collected in one place rather than just shoved in a bank and forgotten about.

P.S. Owned a boat to, we frikkin LOVED those boats. Plop that thing in a river and float down and chill and listen to the sound of the water and birds.....not everything had to be about advancing levels or killing mobs. Sometimes just sitting there enjoying the view was all I needed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thats a good question haha. Kinda tough to pinpoint but 1) Really liked the NON-instanced housing. That house, no one else in the game could own it, it was mine. 2) Wife and I really got into VG. It was our separate world, universe. We had as much stuff as we could afford to make it actually look like a house. Table, chairs, lighting, EVERYTHING. Wife would even decorate our houses for each holiday. We had Christmas trees during Christmas etc... 3) But I think why I really liked the housing was the stuff in the house, everything told a story of how it got there. We would look at items and laugh, "Hey babe, remember when we got that and that big ass alligator ate me", or, "Remember when that quest turned me into a wolf and I had to run through all the objectives before it wore off and I would have been standing in the middle of 25 angry mobs".....crap like that. The house and its contents was a living reminder of things I'd done in game, places I'd been, mobs I'd killed, it was all collected in one place rather than just shoved in a bank and forgotten about.

P.S. Owned a boat to, we frikkin LOVED those boats. Plop that thing in a river and float down and chill and listen to the sound of the water and birds.....not everything had to be about advancing levels or killing mobs. Sometimes just sitting there enjoying the view was all I needed.
And this is what set Vanguard apart from other games. I loved this game
frown.png

calla_sl

shitlord
yep, i never really got into it but there were people who could do some pretty amazing things with the decorations. i'm just glad the houses were around b/c they let me dupe stuff during the last few months

calla_sl

shitlord
Fully populated and itemized 1-50 with the slower leveling curve is something I'd try to set up a few static dungeon crawling groups for, as that would basically be what the game should have been at launch. 51+ is wasted resources doing anything but cutting it. I don't know anyone that would disagree, either.
proper itemization would make dungeon crawls so much fun. there were way too many dungeons that had shitty loot but really interesting story lines. the 51+ stuff is debatable. if the existing content were to be modified so that 51-55 flowed as smoothly as 1-50, i would be ok with it. when the pota trials were revamped, they were a huge fucking headache, but still challenging content especially the sisters. most of the hate came from centralizing everything into sod instead of trying to add new content in a gigantic world. doing something similar to the griffon quest that involved stiirhaad would have been so great especially since the dungeon was fully populated.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
proper itemization would make dungeon crawls so much fun. there were way too many dungeons that had shitty loot but really interesting story lines. the 51+ stuff is debatable. if the existing content were to be modified so that 51-55 flowed as smoothly as 1-50, i would be ok with it. when the pota trials were revamped, they were a huge fucking headache, but still challenging content especially the sisters. most of the hate came from centralizing everything into sod instead of trying to add new content in a gigantic world. doing something similar to the griffon quest that involved stiirhaad would have been so great especially since the dungeon was fully populated.
Stirhaad has so much potential. I did a run through with my monk and grabbed spawn data for the whole dungeon. It shouldn't be hard to turn that into a sebilis style dungeon with rare nameds with good loot and a raid component with syranoth. We can make our own raid mobs too. Just need some creative minds.

That zone is a serious maze though since a lot was copy and pasted. I had to map it out on the emu first to make sure I didn't get lost. Don't want to take wrong turns when mobs can hit for 60k!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It would have been cool if you could set up housing around the cities and set up stuff like trainers and get percentages or something. It wouldn't have worked in VG though...the city lag was brutal as it was.

Maybe I didn't mean get rid of it entirely. Given we are unable to add chunks or new land masses, once the incomplete areas are filled with content, we would need somewhere to add more high end content without re-hashing low level content. Naturally, the housing areas would be my first vote. I really think the amount of plots available will be unnecessary for the amount of people who will play the Emu. Maybe I will be proved wrong and there will be a larger player base than I think. Maybe not. We shall know soonT.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow is that really what VG looked like? God I have a terminal case of nostalgia vision for this game obviously.