Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Drunken Style, Harmonious and Dragon Style, they took out harmonious i believe and merged it with the other 2 and you can swap between them with quests.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_12502.jpg

A friend and I found one of those out of the way little medium sized dungeons up in the mountains near Bordinar's, Oathbreaker ... something. Caves?

Check out the breastplate, regen! That would have been awesome if you couldn't just use food. Also the cloak was a discovery.

rrr_img_12502.jpg

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I the only one who finds the dungeon on Isle of Dawn to be extremely difficult? :p

I can't seem to get the last two poems for the Shotaru quest (can I leave the island without completing the quests?)

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
If I remember correctly, the poems are outside. One probably looks like it is inside but you just fly around above it.

The dungeon is a group dungeon I think.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I remember correctly, the poems are outside. One probably looks like it is inside but you just fly around above it.

The dungeon is a group dungeon I think.
Only three of them are outside, the other two are inside. I know my friend looted one deeper inside the temple (when I died just a second before the 3 dots mob died).

It's quite tough, not soloable for sure.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only three of them are outside, the other two are inside. I know my friend looted one deeper inside the temple (when I died just a second before the 3 dots mob died).

It's quite tough, not soloable for sure.
The last two are outside. One is up on the mountainside to the top left if you're facing the temple. The second is directly behind the temple on a platform.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
thinking about playing this again. be cool to play with some lowbies.. maybe get a group up for dungeons or something.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one who finds the dungeon on Isle of Dawn to be extremely difficult? :p

I can't seem to get the last two poems for the Shotaru quest (can I leave the island without completing the quests?)
All 5 of the poems are outside. The last 2 you're probably missing are both behind the temple, one directly and one on top of the hill. The ascension quest is inside the temple and I can't imagine doing it solo, especially as a clothie. Things in there hit really hard. I did it the other day on a necro and got 2 shotted a couple times.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
The last two are outside. One is up on the mountainside to the top left if you're facing the temple. The second is directly behind the temple on a platform.
I've been trying to find them for over a week. When was the last time you did this?

Because I know for a fact my friend looted the 4th Poem from a 3-dot mob inside the temple, 100% sure. We did it last Saturday. Maybe there are more than one mob that can drop poems? I'm not sure, I just know that this 3-dot did drop a poem!

Schags

I've been trying to find them for over a week. When was the last time you did this?

Because I know for a fact my friend looted the 4th Poem from a 3-dot mob inside the temple, 100% sure. We did it last Saturday. Maybe there are more than one mob that can drop poems? I'm not sure, I just know that this 3-dot did drop a poem!
I did it last week, You can select the location of each poem in the quest journal and fly to them. I originally made the mistake of going into the temple to find them and couldn't. Once I went back out and flew to the dots I found them outside.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did it last week, You can select the location of each poem in the quest journal and fly to them. I originally made the mistake of going into the temple to find them and couldn't. Once I went back out and flew to the dots I found them outside.
Thanks that's so stupid of us... damn we've been through that temple many times with plenty of death runs. But I swear to you one poem dropped from inside the temple (it was either pride or dishonor) lol. Okay I'm glad I don't have to deal with the temple for now.

But to be honest we had a hell of a good time, I can't wait to duo some 3-4 dots.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So I went back to the oathbreaker mines again with a friend, and I saw something I remember being talked about in the various discussions of instancing. Another player was running around near where we were, and one of the quests is to destroy a caster's books.

Once destroyed, the caster spawns to come and beat up whoever wrecked his books apparently. The interesting thing is, we waited until the other person had finished, the caster spawned, and she engaged it. My friend healed her when she got a bit low and the caster's pets turned on her.

I ran over to beat them down and I got "Invalid Target". My healer friend couldn't attack them either. The person doing the quest didn't really notice and left. My friend got beat down because we just couldn't damage them.

I remember this feature of a sort coming up in a discussion of instanced vs public content. Like a sort of best of both worlds, you could have a public dungeon but quests could trigger spawns for a certain group only. I didn't think they had actually implemented any of that. Obviously it has some flaws, but a neat idea.

Also got this item. No idea how haste works in the game.
rrr_img_12862.png

I got another discovery on another item that I can't remember, and the lady that was in the dungeon with us got a discovery on a bladestaff.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I actually managed to solo the entire IoD on a rogue, never thought that would happen, but druid/shaman was rough and i think I had to get a group.

Does anyone have a link to the correct spell lists for classes? I'm finding that quite a few of these websites that are still hosting Vanguard info are dead wrong, primarily about druid spells.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I logged in on my Dread knight and my harrow hotkey didnt work. Apparently, the level to use Harrow III was increased, so I couldn't cast it yet >.<

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The power difference between classes in Vanguard is really harsh at the low levels. Ive been able to solo the Isle of Dawn dungeon on every class Ive played. But some classes I gave up on until I finished the crafting line and had some better gear. The necromancer for instance (since I saw it listed), I just had to pull with the pet and very, very carefully control the aggro. If I pulled aggro, it usually meant that I was dead. Respawns can really fuck you over in this case.

On a different note: A good friend and I are starting up tonight. Im making a brand new character to play with him. Is there a guild that a lot of the forum goers are joining?
smile.png

Schags

On a different note: A good friend and I are starting up tonight. Im making a brand new character to play with him. Is there a guild that a lot of the forum goers are joining?
smile.png
My friends and I ended up joining Twilyghte Song that was suggested in here. It's the global server guild with something like 2500 characters and 200-300 on at a time. We'll probably stay in there unless we end up doing some kind of smaller guild later down the road.