Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Well to be fair its not just the cheats , its also knowing the character will just be wiped , I like to get invested in my character , and my accomplishments . that would be hard to do on a beta or test realm.

I installed it , played (not using any gm commands) for like 10 levels , and it was fun , but i cant really do more on the server and be happy

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm just here to have fun and it fills the MMO itch very well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I got a 14 pally up and running around Qalia. What a fun class to play. So far a very powerful solo class.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The design of the classes is where Ashes of Creation comes up short. I expect it to be DOA for failing to use Vanguard as an influence.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That was one thing that Vanguard did really well was the class design. Especially the addition of casting whilst moving that no other mmo ever copied to my knowledge since. And it made combat so much more fluid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
TomServo TomServo Where did you go?

We got a guild started "The Implication" is taking all FoH rejects. Also, I forgot about Psionicists having a chat channel that made them more powerful the more people in the channel. So many good ideas in this game.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

We got a guild started "The Implication" is taking all FoH rejects. Also, I forgot about Psionicists having a chat channel that made them more powerful the more people in the channel. So many good ideas in this game.
stupid game crashed and boss sent me a teams call :D

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Ya. I didnt play a Psionist back when it was in retail, ever. When I tried one with this, I was like "oh neat.. a class channel thats more than just a chat channel." Didnt care enough to check the benefits that you would receive from it. Like 200 Psi's online, what would the benefit be?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like 200 Psi's online, what would the benefit be?
If there had ever been 200 Psionicists online at the same time the benefit would've been they didn't close down Vanguard because it would've actually been making money.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets

What ya doing? Lol
I got too many things going on personally to do any dev work here. But man if I ever fell into 300k randomly, I'd finish all these emus lmao

I did get the game working on threadrippers / other multi-thread CPUs though, because it was crashing on startup for me. Fucking Unreal 2.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
welp decided to give this a shot, rolled up a cat furry dread knight just like last time. I forgot how uh, interesting, the cat ppl lore was. Straight up rip off of a Elric of melnibone short story about extra planar cat people hunters, plus venom symbiotes lol.

and there's literally 0 people online so hopefully dread knights can solo. I dont think I got much further than like level 20 the last time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
welp decided to give this a shot, rolled up a cat furry dread knight just like last time. I forgot how uh, interesting, the cat ppl lore was. Straight up rip off of a Elric of melnibone short story about extra planar cat people hunters, plus venom symbiotes lol.

and there's literally 0 people online so hopefully dread knights can solo.

Just fyi Check the set commands.

.setmoney
.setlevel x x
.speed

Can get full armor and usually some weapons in the AH in Khal (.rift khal)

Isle of dawn is the way to go, end up at 10 with full armor and flying mount.

I didn't know any of that, and spent a lot of hours grinding naked and broke. Lol

I'll be on most of Friday if your around then we can duo some stuff

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

and there's literally 0 people online so hopefully dread knights can solo. I dont think I got much further than like level 20 the last time.
They can solo with their AE lifetap. I know at high levels it works very well, unsure about the lower levels. Pretty much everyone is fine until the teens where it slows down. Some can keep going though.

I used to duo with a DK. He said the bard song made his stuff so strong it made solo a lot easier, and he could solo iod (I think that was the end game island acronym, not sure) stuff that he couldn’t without me. I’d log off for the night and he’d just ask me to keep autofollow on him so he could keep going.

You could probably duo about anything with a healer, especially a disciple.

Last edited:
  • 1Like