Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

calla_sl

shitlord
itemization was redone multiple times after f2p launched. the devs would go around random unpopulated dungeons and add new items with crazy equipped effects to get people to branch away from the most popular stuff.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Calla, all those you named would be cool. Do you guys have a website, I can prob check the news?

What was the mechanic with Karax and the colored tiles by the way? I quit right when he came out and never understood it after a few tries.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sad to see how few people on some nights. Basically it's our guild and some old guilds with every member having 4+ 55 alts half of them box everynight

My guild is pretty size now. We have a consistent group of 50+ and will all be 55 soon. Going to start raids along with our nightly groups in the next week about. If you want to get in on this whisper Whidona or an In Abstentia member. We also have a bunch of people and alts in the 10-40's range and people are always willing to mentor down.

Edit: Calla what's your toons name? Also is anyone else playing VG? Me and a few others are really trying to organize stuff so everyone can see the content they want before sunset. Be they returning players, total newbs, or people who have been here for ages. But the guys in like Exile for example, While usually amazing and have done some amazing stuff for me and others, often don't interact with the rest of the server otherwise.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I hope they find some way to get an emulation going I really would love to play one long term.

calla_sl

shitlord
here are some ss403 Forbiddenstiirhad (vg forums)

Vgstuff| Photobucket

i didnt really take any ss of city of brass except the one with the sky. its basically RI with a few minor adjustments to the dungeon. we had some pix up on our website but the front page doesn't seem to have an archive and a bunch of other pix are in the member section.

my main is shallaw. to put it bluntly, we in exile don't really interact with lowbies because it inevitably turns into constant tells asking one of us to help kill something. we've even had to change some pw's in our vent server b/c random people would join and ask us to kill chickens, set up sister events, etc. gets pretty annoying.

maybe if vg had a future we'd suck it up and help people but there's no point anymore. I think its pretty safe to say that most of us are burnt out from helping recruiting new/returning people on a constant basis only to have them disappear after a short while. most of the people outside the guild with whom we interact have been in vg forever so we will invite them to kill stuff, raids, etc. also almost no one is playing a low level alt so of course we don't have much interaction, not to mention the various bad pugs b/c a lot of the newer people are used to solo play.

for karax, there are two movements for the group inside. the main group has to move left left left across, while the main tank on karax moves in a different way. i never bothered learning the tank dance since i stayed with the main group to help kill the wraiths. karax and shendu are probably the two best designed encounters in vg.

krassus, don't you have your vg info anymore? i think chran logged you in to get killed in apw a few weeks back.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I hope they find some way to get an emulation going I really would love to play one long term.
No emu unless they get more data. @whidon1. Anyone in your guild willing to help collect? We have zero on high end stuff.

calla_sl

shitlord
oh and in case anyone doesnt read the officials, we are hosting an open raid event starting at 7 pm est on 2/22 until people pass the fuck out

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Just doesnt seem like there's enough time to get the EMU done. Which sucks, I really loved this game when I played it. I would play it again if it wasn't going down. =(

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was fun but for someone like me who beta'd through raids it was a joke of a shitfest with Sillius.

RIP Vanguard

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What date do they kill the servers? I know it's coming up soon(tm).

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So you're saying you didnt enjoy grinding shores of darkness for 6 months straight?
i quit, shortly after the level increase. Once that hit, everyone stopped logging in and it finished that game off. Well, more then it was. lol

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
last I played a few months ago, you would have 30 people on in primetime.

Sorta tempted to log on just to see how vacant the server is.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you're saying you didnt enjoy grinding shores of darkness for 6 months straight?
SoD was lol...... What was gay imo was APW having 8 second lag when it first dropped for weeks after all the wait, testing, and hype.

Never forget GU6 or whatever too Bells

calla_sl

shitlord
well, if you do plan on playing again, theres an easy way to dupe items. just log in right before server restart and mail yourself whatever items you want duped. a few guildies and i have been duping sc store items, gear, runes, etc and selling on the ah for like a gold or so.

also open raids on saturdays 7 PM EST if anyone is interested