Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When you guys reverse chaos volley you need to reverse force taunts as well to its 1.0 state.

Groove

Trakanon Raider
1.0 force taunt mechanics were unacceptable for raiding though. Without the immunity you could have 2 or 3 tanks in a raid coordinate their forces (my warrior had 5 at 50 iirc) and ping-pong aggro back and forth w/o any of the raid ever being in danger of getting near the top of the hate list. With Qalian Human damage immunity, Psi buff, and maybe another class buff (or wasn't it an item, a neck or ring maybe, that decreased skill timer recasts?) the immunity recast would be down to less than 1:30. Not to mention Pally immunity and virtue points. No force taunt immunity plus all of the various damage immunities would trivialize raiding, which was quite fun and took a lot of co-ordination, especially the later overlands.

A bit of a derail, maybe these things would be better discussed at the emulator site itself. The fact that they are willing and able to tinker with the original game is awesome however. We have the SoD debate (I know many ppl felt that was an unnecessary time-sink and got stale after doing it 100's of times for rep and slivers for epics), potential AA's, and even the level cap itself (50 vs 55) all up for discussion.

Good times and lots of theorizing ahead; 2016 can't come soon enough!
biggrin.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This may be a stupid question but are you guys going to make it as much like VG as possible or will be making some improvements (some of the obvious and most needed) as well?

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
This may be a stupid question but are you guys going to make it as much like VG as possible or will be making some improvements (some of the obvious and most needed) as well?
Not a stupid question at all. Its something we talk a lot about, we even have a forum called the "Wish List" for people to discuss the changes they would like to see. I think I even started a thread there awhile ago about the changes and smoothing I would like to see in the post-50 game and end game progression.

However, as per our fearless leader, John, our stated goal right now is to emulate the live server as it was at the sunset, and then anyone who wants to set up a server can do so with whatever rule sets they want (FFA PvP) etc. That being said, we are always receptive to reverting changes that made the game less fun and unique. For instance, currently we have default faction levels that make you KOS to other races, as it was when the game released, and its already been mentioned that we are fixing some abilities. Also, we put in a global chat channel that was requested frequently on live but never implemented for some reason.

If you have anything specific you would like to discuss regarding changes, please do visit our forums and post your thoughts!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do have the guy in my guild still who programmed the parsers for this game still if the time ever comes.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I do have the guy in my guild still who programmed the parsers for this game still if the time ever comes.
It's not rocket surgery guys.

Edit: really would love to see this server happen - I missed the VG boat and I have been itching for a good game to play.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Batphone me if you guys get serious about this, I hope they put in the release version of the battle-cleric so I can one shot homies while fully invulnerable.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can play right now. Can't do much other than run around and explore and use thecurrently implemented features.

The (very) rough agenda is as follows:

v.0.3 - Starting very soon
  • Stability
  • Items - all spheres
  • Character Sheet - with basic stats calcs, adjustments
  • Vendors - all types, buy/sell/buyback/learn/train
  • Bindstones, Riftways, Friends List
  • Adtl. Content Design Tools
v0.4 Q3 of 2015 - Features TBD
v0.5 Q4 of 2015 - Features TBD - The goal of 0.5 is to have at least 75% of the game emulated

The Road Ahead:
v.0.6 - Tweaking systems for beta
v.0.7 - Final system tweaks for beta
v0.8 - Beta, 100% functional (2016)
v0.9 - Final tweaks and bug fixes
1.0 - Release (2016)
i will try to get in the beta then.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'm doing most of the abilities code for the emulator right now and I think we are already planning on reverting some abilities like necro death touch and bringing back the harmonius monk style. We can probably fix chaos volley too. How exactly did it work pre-change?
Chaos Volley used to ramp up in damage and also damage done to the sorc; if you didn't cast after a certain period of time the ramp up restarted. As it continued to go higher you basically 1 shot yourself and died so the difference between average and good sorc's was maximing damage and coordinating with healers for mass heals/invuls etc. I ran my own 2 box healers for additional assistance when Turbo the sorc went into overdrive and liked to 1 shot himself....my fondest early game memory was I think the server first kill on prince in the low 40's sky fortress (fucking name escapes me now sad face). I had 2 shaman's with timing invul's on me so I was melting him so bad, I think my last hit on him stayed the top damage reported for a long time until more people caught on to how insane you could get with well coordinated efforts. More often then not though sorc's died so much because of this spell haha,

Oh god VG had the best classes of any MMO bar none. Also if I have to kite another SoD group ever again I may slit my wrists....

I'd like to...but I also like not being fired. So unfortunately you'll have to settle for my good wishes in lieu of the files on my hard drive.
tongue.png
How about we just say we had "break through"? J/K
smile.png

Thanks for wishes. It means a lot.

Is there any way we could get you in for some chatting or questions some time?

Moorgard_sl

shitlord
Is there any way we could get you in for some chatting or questions some time?
My responses would probably disappoint you greatly.
tongue.png
I wasn't on the game that long, and have been off it for nearly two years, so I've probably forgotten most of what I knew. But you can always PM me and give it a shot.

My responses would probably disappoint you greatly.
tongue.png
I wasn't on the game that long, and have been off it for nearly two years, so I've probably forgotten most of what I knew. But you can always PM me and give it a shot.
Any answer is better than none.
smile.png
It will be a few days likely. I will gather a few questions (not a ton, I promise) for you. I suppose I can PM them on here to you?