Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was pretty indifferent to the first, which means it is the best DC film to date. This very we
Could be better, but even a huge improvements makes this ok at best

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The in association with Marvel could mean that they still have a contractual partnership and have to make that allowance. Or it could be they use this movie to tie Eddie into the larger marvelverse with a cameo by Tom Holland or Michael Keaton or something.

Xerge

<Donor>
This will be a must watch. Crossovers in general have set the bar pretty high. If they ain't chillin' together I don't want it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Tom Hardy is the face of Sony’s “Venom” franchise, but he’s more than just the star of the upcoming sequel “Venom: Let There Be Carnage.” As confirmed by screenwriter Kelly Marcel in an interview with Empire magazine, Hardy is getting the first “story by” credit of his feature film career after “spending months” brainstorming the narrative for the sequel with Marcel. “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” reunites Hardy and Michelle Williams opposite franchise newcomer Woody Harrelson as the eponymous villain.

“This is new for him, to get credit,” Marcel said, “but it’s not new for him to be this involved. He’s absolutely 100 percent committed to everything that he does. He’s married to Venom. He loves this character. He’s very involved in what he thinks should happen.”

As reported by Empire: “While Marcel gets the full screenplay credit, her script sprang from lengthy conversations with Hardy where they hashed out how exactly Venom and chaotic red symbiote Carnage (which attaches itself to Woody Harrelson’s serial killer Cletus Kasady) will collide on screen. ‘He doesn’t get a pen and write,’ explains Marcel of Hardy’s process. ‘We spent months breaking the story together on FaceTime, riffing on ideas, seeing what worked, seeing what didn’t. Then I took everything we spoke about and holed up somewhere for three months quietly, knocking out a script.'”

lol tl;dr Tom Hardy babbled about Venom over facetime to a writer during quarantine and he's a hero now

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

"this fall", kinda telling they haven't set a date yet. I thought it was supposed to be Nov but wonder if it'll get shuffled around

didn't watch it, since its a movie i'll definitely see - i liked the first one - and trailers tend to spoil way too much nowadays

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I do not like the CG look for any of those characters, but Hardy has my confidence.

Sterling

El Presidente
Cast is interesting, but I didn't particularly care for the 1st one. I'm sure I'll watch it, but my expectations aren't very high.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Trailer had me laughing, maybe first in theater movie for me since covid?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im looking forward to this. I enjoyed the first one and the campiness of it. Harrelson can definitely play the psychotic killer but I cant decide if he was a good choice for Carnage or not. I feel like they probably are gonna drop the ball on that character.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Sep 24th, 2021 release date theatrical only. Morbius (Jared Leto) will be Jan 28th 2022.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sep 24th, 2021 release date theatrical only. Morbius (Jared Leto) will be Jan 28th 2022.

Have they mentioned a rating yet? Because PG-13 Carnage can fuck the fuck off.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The interactions between Venom symbiote and Hardy are super cringe. Probably exacerbated by the symbiote voice not being particularly good.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im looking forward to this. I enjoyed the first one and the campiness of it. Harrelson can definitely play the psychotic killer but I cant decide if he was a good choice for Carnage or not. I feel like they probably are gonna drop the ball on that character.
Agreed, Harrelson is a solid actor and I don't dislike him but seems a definite no for me in this role. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pushed this back to mid October as they are afraid of the current box office climate.

spronk

FPS noob
Venom 2 will be moved to January 2022 which was Morbius's release date, which will get pushed back too

• 1Like