Vermintide 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If you have well equipped characters, you can make it through legend runs with your bots.

I like to run as Merc Kruber w/exe sword with BH Saltz w/a&f & crossbow IB Bardin w/dw hammers & crossbow, Unchained Sienna w/flame sword & conflag staff.

On my Kruber, I also run all of the team buffing talents (paced strikes and defense increase on shout ), and I also run the proxy, while the bots run decanter.

Alot of the killing of the chaff, elites, specials, and monsters will fall to you. However, Saltz and Bardin are your snipers of specials with the crossbows. Bardin and Sienna are your crowd controllers. Don't 100% rely on them and it will take a few attempts for you to get the feel of what they are capable of and what they arent.
Builds

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I love this game but I hate how they consistently segment the (small) player base on PS4. I actually uninstalled it the other day because of disappointment. I've had Vermintide 1 or 2 installed as long as they have been available on that platform.

I'll play this with you! (We would probably start from Scratch)

Muurloen

Yeah, I am not sure how I feel about that. Almost feels like a jumping the shark moment.

They should have introduced a new character, made him/her Bretonian and chose 3 professions from there for the character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's fine, means the door is open to all sorts of crazy professions. And lets face it, Kruber completing a grail quest is arguably less ridiculous than Kerillian magically switching between three different races.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I am not sure how I feel about that. Almost feels like a jumping the shark moment.

They should have introduced a new character, made him/her Bretonian and chose 3 professions from there for the character.
The problem with their current game is adding a new character is a ton more work because they have to add a ton of lines for every other characters too. While when they add a class to existing char, they're only adding new lines for that character.

I'll probably look into revisiting the game once they're done adding the new classes though, won't play just for one of them, especially Grail Knight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So never? I'm guessing this is going to be an ongoing thing and not just one new career for each hero.
They said their plans is 1 class per hero, for now. Obviously they might add more but we'll see, at some point it'll stop being profitable and it'll be better to work on a new game, it's not like DLCs will continue forever especially for a game that has a fairly niche playerbase like this one.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Handmaiden is just as noncanon, arguably more.

Kerillian is a Wood Elf Waystalker.

Handmaidens of the Everqueen are High Elves. And entirely different race/faction.

Ice witch Sienna next.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Handmaiden is just as noncanon, arguably more.

Kerillian is a Wood Elf Waystalker.

Handmaidens of the Everqueen are High Elves. And entirely different race/faction.

Ice witch Sienna next.

Kerillian magically switching between three different races.

You forgot Shade.

But yes I was speculating with a friend that we could get an alternate lore Sienna out of this, although she'd presumably be the most limited buildwise since I doubt they're gonna reskin every single one of her weapons just for one career.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lots of changes...

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

I am gonna wait for the changes to become live to really comment, but off of the bat I am disappointed that they are nerfing Exe Sword.

While yes in the hands of a Chad Merc the weapon is absolute monster, the weapon does suffer from very poor mobility. Maybe the speed nerf won't be too bad with swift slaying rolling, but idk.

Not really happy about it.
download.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fatshark has been pretty retarded with VT2, seem far more concerned with making sure people play the game the way they want it to be played rather than being concerned that they're having fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Fatshark has been pretty retarded with VT2, seem far more concerned with making sure people play the game the way they want it to be played rather than being concerned that they're having fun.

100%

It must be a Swedish thing. Fucking DICE did the same thing with BF5 by nerfing everything to fucking hell and making the game unbearable to play.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Replayed this pretty hard the last two days. Everything feels viable or great classwise. Some of the weps need help but that's already in beta progress.

1h axe for Saltzpyre is fucking trash, why isn't it changed in the beta notes? Or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Replayed this pretty hard the last two days. Everything feels viable or great classwise. Some of the weps need help but that's already in beta progress.

1h axe for Saltzpyre is fucking trash, why isn't it changed in the beta notes? Or did I miss something?

I haven't played the Beta, but on live most of the 1h weapons are garbage.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got some clarification. The 1h axe buffs are for all (Bardin and Saltzpyre).

These devs got a brain and listen.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just started playing this a couple of days back, didn’t play the 1st one so I have no experience.

Any big tips for someone new or things to watch out, other than just leveling up and getting new gear?

I started playing Grail Knight to 12, then I couldn’t find a group with him so I switched to the witch hunter dude, now I have a level 13 Zealot which I like possibly more than GK. Zealot seems to be regarded as very strong from what I gather. Is there any other particular career I should consider playing instead?