Vermintide 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Grail Knight is really good. His F one shots things like big Chaos Warriors (but not monsters/bosses).

If you like it, stick with it.

Muurloen Muurloen posted a good build link

faille

Molten Core Raider
grabbed this since it was 75% off.
Any quick tips or links to good up to date guides?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just started playing a month or so ago.

From my perspective of being new, some handy things:

Play recruit until you can join veteran games. Don’t play recruit any longer than you have to. Recruit games won’t advance your gear score, veteran games do.

Get a guy or two up to 35. Keep playing games until you get your gear up to 300.

Once you’re 35 and your gear is marching closer to 300, start playing champion games. This is really when the game starts. You’ll quickly find out veteran becomes face roll that you can run through with bots and go straight to the end. Not fun once you’re geared and more skilled. Champion and Legend are fun because you have to be really active / proactive to live.

In champion you will die if you don’t learn how to dodge / block / push. You’ll also be a liability to your team if you join these games at like level 12 like some people do. You need talents to be viable.

Then when you feel comfortable with something go to Legend. I can only play one career in legend so far that I can actually contribute with and do decently, Ironbreaker because it’s very forgiving.

I’m a lot better than when I started but I still die too much in legend with other classes. Haven’t quite got the hang of barely ever being hit.

Also, red gear really isn’t much better than orange so don’t get hung up on it, it just automatically has max rolled stats.

also of note:

Use and abuse the lobby browser to join games already in progress. You can hop into 3/4 player games one after the next, often halfway through or sometimes even right at the end fight or on the way to the end. Quick and easy XP and loot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get out of champion and into legend asap. Champion will teach you bad habits because you can survive shit there that will absolutely get you smoked in legend.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The game will feel quite boring until you get some higher level talents, class unlocks and higher level modes.

If you're having issues getting clipped turn off gore. Make sure player outlines are always ON that way you don't lose your party, you get separated and the game will fuck you.

Ranged becomes necessary for killing elites/specials or whatever they categorized as when they are on the rooftops so you don't want to run out at all at higher levels.

There are 3 Tomes and 2 Grims per level, grabbing these will give you tons of XP and better rewards. Each Grim reduces your health by 25% (You can negate this with gear rolls later on). You want to grab these for faster leveling and try to memorize their locations.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Get out of champion and into legend asap. Champion will teach you bad habits because you can survive shit there that will absolutely get you smoked in legend.

Also the people playing in champion are a shitshow. It’s people too low / inexperienced to be doing it and it’s a LOT of failures. Legend is almost “easier” in a sense because it has all the good players.

IMO you should have to have 300 gear score and at least level 30 to play champ / legend, unless it detects you already have characters who beat legend.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I just started playing a month or so ago.

From my perspective of being new, some handy things:

Play recruit until you can join veteran games. Don’t play recruit any longer than you have to. Recruit games won’t advance your gear score, veteran games do.

Get a guy or two up to 35. Keep playing games until you get your gear up to 300.

Once you’re 35 and your gear is marching closer to 300, start playing champion games. This is really when the game starts. You’ll quickly find out veteran becomes face roll that you can run through with bots and go straight to the end. Not fun once you’re geared and more skilled. Champion and Legend are fun because you have to be really active / proactive to live.

In champion you will die if you don’t learn how to dodge / block / push. You’ll also be a liability to your team if you join these games at like level 12 like some people do. You need talents to be viable.

Then when you feel comfortable with something go to Legend. I can only play one career in legend so far that I can actually contribute with and do decently, Ironbreaker because it’s very forgiving.

I’m a lot better than when I started but I still die too much in legend with other classes. Haven’t quite got the hang of barely ever being hit.

Also, red gear really isn’t much better than orange so don’t get hung up on it, it just automatically has max rolled stats.

also of note:

Use and abuse the lobby browser to join games already in progress. You can hop into 3/4 player games one after the next, often halfway through or sometimes even right at the end fight or on the way to the end. Quick and easy XP and loot.
thanks heaps! some awesome advice

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Small tidbit. The necklace, charm and trinket slots are shareable for all characters.

If you start getting red items in those slots, you can twink new leveling characters with them.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

This. Like Dorf's hitting you in the back with flamethrowers. Dorf's hitting you in the face with flamethrowers...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Any of the DLC's must haves when starting out?
Axe and Falchion is fricken amazing for all Saltzpyre professions. Crowbill and flame flail is good for Sienna.

People swear by the spear for Kruber, billhook for saltz, but I don't use them.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I use the shotgun as Ironbreaker. 😜

I feel it’s more useful. Crossbow is probably even more useful. I had a red flamethrower drop which is kinda disappointing as I haven’t used it once.

faille

Molten Core Raider

this appears to be a good list of stuffs.
No idea on its accuracy

This guy's builds / guides seem pretty in depth and seem like a good enough starting point. He's got one for each character.
Again, I'm no where near experienced enough to judge their usefulness.

• 1Like