Vermintide 2

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So i just grabbed this. I have been making impulse purchases lately, this game actually seems kind of awesome, and its 75% off so it was only 7$

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So i just grabbed this. I have been making impulse purchases lately, this game actually seems kind of awesome, and its 75% off so it was only 7$
Keep in mind that your charm, necklace and ring are shareable across all characters. That also means if an item is equipped on any of your chars you will not be able to salvage it until it is unequiped.

Also when opening boxes make sure you are wearing your maximum gear regardless if you like piece or not. Your box rolls bounce off of what your hero/item power is at. It's tedious but it will pay off for you in pushing your characters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you find yourself really enjoying the game you might consider picking up Back to Ubersreik while it's on sale because it comes with a weapon for each character and 3 decent maps (which wont have any nostalgia factor for you if you didn't play the original).

Winds of Magic also comes with a weapon for each character, but it only comes with one kinda shitty map and a game mode that NOBODY likes or plays, and is twice the cost of BtU.

Shadows over Bogenhafen is two ok maps and a bunch of weapon skins (purely cosmetic), but no new weapons.

The Grail Knight career is a premium career for Kruber that comes with a weapon that all his careers can use and a weapon that only his GK career can use. The cosmetic stuff is locked behind a separate DLC 'upgrade'

The Outcast Engineer career is a premium career for Bardin that comes with two weapons all of his careers can use (slayer cant use pistols obv), same deal with the cosmetics

That's it for stuff that's discounted.

The Forgotten Relics pack is a weapon for each character, none of which are bad, although some are a little niche.

The Sister of the Thorns is a premium career for Kerillian much like the others, 1 SoT only weapon, 1 weapon all her careers can use, cosmetics locked behind a second purchase.

Jozu

Thanks man! Im gonna grab BtU. Almost done downloading.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

This game is pretty fun. Im not really familiar with, or have really enjoyed co op slashers like this, but I do enjoy the loot system and progression.

I unlocked a flail and its hilarious braining rats. A+ will play again.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve started to play cata almost exclusively lately. Sometimes hard to find groups at all and even more rare to find good groups but way fun.

Played a few legend games after playing cata only for a couple of weeks and I was like wow this seems really slow now!

Muurloen

----

I’ve started to play cata almost exclusively lately. Sometimes hard to find groups at all and even more rare to find good groups but way fun.

Played a few legend games after playing cata only for a couple of weeks and I was like wow this seems really slow now!
Legend is a big jump from Champ... Cata is even a bigger jump from Legend. What really helps is having a mental layout of every single map so you know where you can run to if you get into trouble.

The best training you can do for Legend to Cata is to flip on Twitch mode.

I'm so rusty in playing this game that I don't really trust myself in Cata right now.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expansion is out. Picked it up with a couple of friends.

Game seems pretty active now. New DLC, classes, higher level cap, etc.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Never played any of these games. Question....can you play this game as single player? From what I gather it should be played with other people?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While you technically can play single player, there's really no point to playing a horde survival game with bots.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Never played any of these games. Question....can you play this game as single player? From what I gather it should be played with other people?
You can and there are some bot mods that make them much much smarter. However I think people can join at random, but if they leave a bot auto takes their spot.

It is rather boring until you get to higher tiers so don't discard it at a glance and push up your tier when you can u til you hit challenging levels.

Muurloen

If you are just starting out, not a good idea. As your bots are your characters. How you have them geared, and their talent trees chosen will effect their performance.

An extremely well geared fully levelled bot will out perform an untalented undergeared bot... with or with out the ai improvement mod.

To push this a little further, you can select with characters and choose which profession they are running to come out with you on your single player runs.

Best AI Comp I find is Merc Kruber, SoT Kerillian, & w/Ranger Bardin. If you do not have the Sisters of Thorn DLC for Kerillian, then sub her out with WHC Saltzpyre. If you are choosing any of these 3 characters to play as, then use Waywatcher Kerillian as your 4th party member.

There is a button to make your lobby private. Its available at the keep or once you get into the map.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Dont listen to Hekotat Hekotat

• 1Worf