Vermintide 2

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Was on a roll last night with veteran quickplay, completed the last mission and one other, seems like level 15-20 depending on gear is a good time to start veteran.

Maining the elf, third unlock shade gives backstab extra damage and instakill to anything man sized if attack from rear. I upgraded a glaive that also gives +20% attack speed on crit so if left alone I can down a rat ogre in 20 seconds on recruit. Each hit was doing like 8% total health from behind. This is all at level 12-13, can't wait to see what she can do at 30.

When running with bots I have been leveling them to 7 and giving them decent gear to make them more effective.

FYI if you get say Kruber to 12 and deck him out he uses all the equipment/talents when he is a bot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Maybe yall are having bad luck, or I am having great luck. I've pubbed, with exception of 1 game with a buddy that sucks at fps's, and have had about a 80%+ success rate.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Quick play is definitely getting easier. Beta the day before and launch day I was failing most missions, but everyone seems to be much better now. At level 9 and won about 4 in a row. Usually 2 or 3 tomes and maybe 1 grimoire.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
PUG Veteran is annoying as fuck. Bunch of 6-9 level people who have no idea what they are doing, don't know where any of the Grims and Tomes are, don't know how to block or dodge attacks. I don't know why these idiots aren't still playing Recruit. Drives me nuts. I started Veteran around 13-15 thinking "oh these people seem low level for this but therefore they must know what they are doing...". Nope. Its the opposite. Then I ran with some bots and stomped the shit out of everything. Bots are a fun break when you're getting annoyed.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
game is fun, i never seem to do much damage

currently doing some veterans at level 13, guess im not that bad since im finishing them but my numbers are always shit :/

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh I did run into a cheater, was dwarf with the two shot shotgun, it was rapid fire with infinite ammo and no reload. He just steamrolled everything.

• 1Worf

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Can't wait for bot mods to be able to run champion 3tomes 2grims with bots only.

What are bot mods?

Also I'm assuming the host of the game determines the bots if there are any? I didn't know leveling the hero class and giving it gear/talents made your bots get that gear/talents, though. That's pretty cool.

Maybe yall are having bad luck, or I am having great luck. I've pubbed, with exception of 1 game with a buddy that sucks at fps's, and have had about a 80%+ success rate.

I just had my best game with a PUG :p quick finish, 3tome/2grim, got my first Emperor box (too bad it was just 3 blues like all the General boxes have been). Fun stuff though.

Add me anyone playing Steam Community :: Brikker

*Edit: Is it still considered a smart move to hold Commendation chests til level 25+? Reading about the loot system a bit, I'm unsure if it's worth it.

Last edited:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So wait, if I want to play with bots and have them not suck. I need to level up my other heroes am not using by playing them to about 5 and equip them? Otherwise my bots will always be level 1 with no gear?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What are bot mods?

Also I'm assuming the host of the game determines the bots if there are any? I didn't know leveling the hero class and giving it gear/talents made your bots get that gear/talents, though. That's pretty cool.

I just had my best game with a PUG :p quick finish, 3tome/2grim, got my first Emperor box (too bad it was just 3 blues like all the General boxes have been). Fun stuff though.

Add me anyone playing Steam Community :: Brikker

*Edit: Is it still considered a smart move to hold Commendation chests til level 25+? Reading about the loot system a bit, I'm unsure if it's worth it.

In game 1 there's mods that make the bots smarter and less shit, so that you can do even the highest difficulty with them, and they'll carry tomes/grimoires too. I assume that's gonna be one of the first big thing they'll work on, although it's more likely the guys doing mods will release easier shit first like more crosshair choices and what not.

The host determines the bots yes. Bots use the template you last used on that class, they use the gear you had equipped but they're scaled to be the same as your hero power total(so even if you use the 5power template gear they'll do good damage) and they use the talents you had setup. You also get bots on a priority system, so that you can never Saltzpyre as a bot, order iirc is Kruber > Kerillian > Sienna > Bardin, so if you play a full bot game it's always these 4.

You do want to level them a bit to unlock some classes/talents to make it easier. Ironbreaker Bardin and Pyromancer Sienna. I like foot knight Kruber too for boss stagger/damage reduction aura.

For commendations, you want to hold them until ~200item power, level isn't relevant other than for rarity. If you're over 10(might be 15), you can get oranges so you can open any commendation boxes then. You don't have to, the advantage isn't that great especially if you just do champion, but it lets you transition into champion with a nice advantage by farming veteran until 200 then opening all the boxes at once to bump yourself to 230 or whatever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I played the Dwarf mostly in Vermintide 1. But I really like Sienna in this one. I love the beam staff even though I can't find a fucking better one to save my life.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
game is fun, i never seem to do much damage

currently doing some veterans at level 13, guess im not that bad since im finishing them but my numbers are always shit :/
This is wrong. The goal is not to deal damage. The goal is to prevent your team from taking damage. Just like in Left4Dead. If your whole team is sperging out in front, just turn around and watch their back.

• 1Solidarity

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
welp still doing least damage mostly but id say i finish 90% of veterans atm. Feels like im being carried every game but I guess I can't complain with the success rate? dunno man

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I guess I need to just toughen up and PUG Vet games, even though I've never finished one.

They need to make grims not able to be "thrown" and thus destroyed. Too many trolls/newbs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
welp still doing least damage mostly but id say i finish 90% of veterans atm. Feels like im being carried every game but I guess I can't complain with the success rate? dunno man
What class? I find unless the party is well balanced, it's often one guy will just get most of the shit. I've been leveling Pyro Sienna the past couple of days and it's disgusting on the scoreboard most of the time, but I don't feel it really means all that much, if it wasn't me it'd be an elf or a halberd kruber or a BH. And mostly I'm padding the scores, I'll just run up a pack of mobs during a horde that's being handled fine and just spam the shotgun because I need some charge anyway and rack up like 10kills instantly while 2guys are waving their sticks in the direction of the charred corpses.

The only score I care about is boss damage really, I like seeing that I'm doing good boss damage although whenever a semi decent BH is in the group they'll do like twice my boss damage. I liked seeing damage taken too but now that I'm 20+ damage taken is retarded because it counts venting my temp health, so while I technically don't take any damage since I'm constantly venting I "take" stupid damage.

At the end of the day, if the run didn't take 30mins and we have 2grims 3tomes, I really don't care who has the green circles. Whenever I play tank bardin I get absolute shit scores other than damage taken(which is like 50 half the time) but I feel I contribute fine anyway.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Patch happened, everyone got 2 commendation chests cause heroic deeds are shit. They also nerfed some shit like bile trolls.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What class? I find unless the party is well balanced, it's often one guy will just get most of the shit. I've been leveling Pyro Sienna the past couple of days and it's disgusting on the scoreboard most of the time, but I don't feel it really means all that much, if it wasn't me it'd be an elf or a halberd kruber or a BH. And mostly I'm padding the scores, I'll just run up a pack of mobs during a horde that's being handled fine and just spam the shotgun because I need some charge anyway and rack up like 10kills instantly while 2guys are waving their sticks in the direction of the charred corpses.

The only score I care about is boss damage really, I like seeing that I'm doing good boss damage although whenever a semi decent BH is in the group they'll do like twice my boss damage. I liked seeing damage taken too but now that I'm 20+ damage taken is retarded because it counts venting my temp health, so while I technically don't take any damage since I'm constantly venting I "take" stupid damage.

At the end of the day, if the run didn't take 30mins and we have 2grims 3tomes, I really don't care who has the green circles. Whenever I play tank bardin I get absolute shit scores other than damage taken(which is like 50 half the time) but I feel I contribute fine anyway.

Another potentially major thing is whether or not overkill still counts for damage dealt. I usually ran the red grudge-raker with rupture/scavenger on Bardin in the original and it wasn't that rare to get 200+ damage in a single shot even though almost all of it was overkill. The only time I wasn't #1 damage dealt by a very large margin with Bardin was when I was being super lazy or there was a god tier Sienna thinning hordes out too much for the grudge raker to go full retard.

Either way, overkilling the fuck out of slaves and clanrats didn't mean I was carrying the group. Mowing down patrols and rat ogres with a hasted repeater is carrying the group.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

I am in the same boat as only caring about boss damage but my class tends to guide me down the path. I am a Bounty hunter and while I am brand new to the series & game, I do less total damage than the kerillians who are flying way out in front or the siennas nuking/beaming stuff from afar which adds up. But I also do at least 2x the boss damage vs the next highest, typically much more depending on group comp. it's what I feel that class brings to the table - that could all change once i get above plebeian difficulty levels though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah don't get caught up in the who did what, the biggest thing is who took the most damage. If that is you block more. All that really matters though is did you win? When I play the dwarf I always go shield and axe/hammer with added stamina/regen and mainly just block and knockdown, get use to doing this with Bardin/Kruber because that is really the only way to beat harder difficulties.

All games in order of priority:
Stay together
Stay together
Don't get hit
Kill shit
Ping the big bads

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dunno what changed but I've crashed 3 times today. First ones in 24 hours and only since the patch yesterday. Horrid timing; I just got 2 RL buddies to get the game and was trying to run stuff to show them the ropes. Every single game crashed within 10 mins of start.