Vikings

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I never understood why Ragnar kept going on-and-on about wanting a son when he already had one?
To me it's a case of having all your eggs in one basket. Not to mention the more sons the more chance of glory and a long lineage of great warriors.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much need to have more than one son. People die... A lot.

I want a Viking woman.

kudos

<Banned>
I really don't understand the logic behind Ragnar's decision
to not take the guy and his army along with them per the agreement. You gain more men and possibly a stronger bond as allies. He is the fucking guy in charge of the raiding and was always about being noble and honest. Then he pulls that amateur hour shit and basically lets some other guy decide how it's going to go down? That is not the same Ragnar from season 1 before he got his power.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The logic is that Ragnok doesn't want to piss off his king buddy, because the king has more men, ships, money, and power, than either Ragnok or that other guy. The king is being a dick, yes, but Ragnok dealt with that the best he could. He straight up told the guy, "Look, it's not me that doesn't want you on the raid, it's that douche of a king". While it was a shitty move on Ragnok's part, He really had no choice; if he would have told the king no he would have lost a powerful ally and gained a lesser ally. Not a smart move.

kudos

<Banned>
He should have mediated the situation. Isn't that what he is good at? Compromising? That's the kind of leader I thought he was going to be. Instead of some pushover who is too busy getting drunk and fucking his mistresses.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Loving it, kick ass Vikings, i'm biased since i live in Norway, but still. Love the show, looking forward to more.

What language is it that the vikings speak ? Sure shit aint norwegian, swedish or danish, although some words sound like it. Maybe it's made up for the show, but that seems silly.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
they are speaking icelandic which is closer to faroese and ancient icelandic which is about as close as you get to old norse

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I really don't understand the logic behind Ragnar's decision
to not take the guy and his army along with them per the agreement. You gain more men and possibly a stronger bond as allies. He is the fucking guy in charge of the raiding and was always about being noble and honest. Then he pulls that amateur hour shit and basically lets some other guy decide how it's going to go down? That is not the same Ragnar from season 1 before he got his power.
Yeah that other dude is the king, so there's that. But I agree it was dumb of both of them to leave a pissed off enemy home with nobody available to fight him. I was pretty surprised this week that a force didn't pop up out of the bushes to slaughter them.

i guess at this point in history, the vikings hadn't had a chance to learn lessons like that.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vikings S1 was nice, Vikings S2 felt like dark ages Dallas where your cheated spouse could go on a righteous path just because so much people cared about feminism back then. It's not on a Agents of Shield bad writing, but with min effort it could have been way better.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
A friend and I watched the first 4 episodes of S1 at the weekend and were hooked, I don't know if it is because we were baked but I watched the remainder of s1 and then s2 and it has felt slightly disappointing - still good but not as great as I originally thought. Maybe it's because s1 was him dealing with a number of different antagonists over 9 episodes and this didn't allow each enemy to be really fleshed out and explored.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, kinda lost me at the end of season 1. I don't see Ragnar as a hero but as a cheating asshole now instead.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
S2 will become much better if they follow the lore of Ragnar at all. The story/poetry/history isn't all glitz and glam either, there's some boring shit going on in there also. Nonetheless, the dudes life as a whole was legendary. No fucks were given 98% of the time, he just followed his heart.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
I didn't buy the crucifixion thing. No way a bunch of Christians were going to let an enemy have the honor of dying like Jesus. If they were really mad at him, they would've drawn and quartered him or something, like they did Braveheart.

The Vikings had a torture where they would pull your lungs out of slits they cut in your back. Still intact, the lungs would rise and fall until they dried out and you'd suffocate. They called it the Bloody Angel or something like that. Lungs == wings.

What was the question?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Remind me, did that head priest who told him he was going to be crucified live? Cause if so, that explains it, he was just making his prophecy come true.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Remind me, did that head priest who told him he was going to be crucified live? Cause if so, that explains it, he was just making his prophecy come true.
If you mean the Bishop from the raid... no, I'd say the multiple arrows and the slit throat were pretty effective.