Vikings

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Wtf just happened? The whole King Horik saves Jarl Borg plot got thrown out the window? Didn't they advertise this as the most shocking episode ever? I was expecting some kind of twist, was it Lagerthe suddenly being a Jarl for no reason? There seems to be some huge plot elements missing here...

Wtf just happened? The whole King Horik saves Jarl Borg plot got thrown out the window? Didn't they advertise this as the most shocking episode ever? I was expecting some kind of twist, was it Lagerthe suddenly being a Jarl for no reason? There seems to be some huge plot elements missing here...
Lagerthe suddenly being a Jarl for no reason? Her husband the old Jarl had men beat her to death as well as him again, then he tried to force her beaten to death to show her tits at the keep with lots of guests over so she stabbed him in the eye then 1her men or guest men beheaded the jarl, so that is how she got jarl now.

This is why the King Horik plan went to hell as well due to ragnar just got re enforced with 100 more soldiers due to her, so his plan would end up with him dead etc.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I saw that, but that made even less sense to me. Why would his men suddenly stand up for the outsider wife and proclaim her Jarl over any men in the hierarchy. Vikings aren't exactly known for their women's rights, so I can't see them saving her for the sake of that.

The second part makes sense though, I would have appreciated Horik at least being like "Fuck, there goes my evil plan...". Instead it was more like "Oh sorry Borg, Ragnar decided to execute you on a Tuesday, Tuesday's are bad for escape plans."

I saw that, but that made even less sense to me. Why would his men suddenly stand up for the outsider wife and proclaim her Jarl over any men in the hierarchy. Vikings aren't exactly known for their women's rights, so I can't see them saving her for the sake of that.

The second part makes sense though, I would have appreciated Horik at least being like "Fuck, there goes my evil plan...". Instead it was more like "Oh sorry Borg, Ragnar decided to execute you on a Tuesday, Tuesday's are bad for escape plans."
I agree but she was shield maiden and not just some bitch and really good warrior so a lot of her men maybe respected her more then the always drunk jarl leader.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I appreciate the fact that they actually killed him versus the cliche he escaped storyline. Does anyone think Beorn fed him some laced bread to help him get through the pain or did he just handle it solo like a champ?

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I guess the shocking twist is that the preview from the last episode didn't actually spoil anything after all
redface.png
. I'm glad that the Borg storyline is finally over and am look forward to Horrik's resolution as well... it's a pity that the both of them didn't just die in the opening battle of the season.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Speaking of plot holes...what's with Floki's sudden hostility towards Ragnar?
Ragnar and Floki have been friends for a long time. It was Floki's construction expertise that allows them to the build boats that could sail them to England (of course it was Ragnar's sunstone that allowed them to navigate in cloud cover). Floki is pissed because he's gotten nothing since Ragnar has become Jarl. Ragnar also freed his christian monk slave, going so far as to learn the ways of the christians and their language. In other words, Floki thinks his faith in their gods is weak.

If Ragnar set Floki up as their master shipwright, with compensation to match the title, Floki would probably look past the whole "christian sympathizer" stuff.

Its hard to believe there are only 3 episodes left of the season.
I am going to be sad soon when this over for the season.

Been opening they move it to 12 episode season for next year with a 2 hour finale.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Every time Lagertha is on screen and not showing her tits I wish Vikings wasn't on basic cable.

TheRake_sl

shitlord
You know this show also airs in the UK where it's uncut. Yes that includes plenty of tits, ass, and bush. Don't think Lagertha shows anything though.
frown.png

I don't know if anyone noticed at end of the episode when King Horik and Lagertha are pissed ragnar did not ask them about going to talk to the king.
Near the very end after the kings son and party emsary of westex leaves they get attacked by King Horiks son unless ragnar knew about this , this was done by King Horik to further undermine ragnar cause he is jealous of ragnar that he has more fame, and could be king 1 day etc.

Also in doing so now, ragnar being to talk to the king is fucked maybe even the son gets killed and it ensures King Horric has his war option to pillage, rape and take all gold and treasure as planned.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Floki is going to die next episode because he's being a giant faggot siding with Horic over Ragnar.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if anyone noticed at end of the episode when King Horik and Lagertha are pissed ragnar did not ask them about going to talk to the king.
Near the very end after the kings son and party emsary of westex leaves they get attacked by King Horiks son unless ragnar knew about this , this was done by King Horik to further undermine ragnar cause he is jealous of ragnar that he has more fame, and could be king 1 day etc.
I didn't see it as a means to undermind ragnar but as a form of payback for attacking them the last time they were there right after ragnar left.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Murdering the Wessex emissaries makes the talks void. The Wessex King will come for blood and King Horic will have the fight he was looking for. The cunning and scheming of those guys isn't particularly elaborate.