Vikings

spronk

FPS noob
do all white people look the same to you?

its a totally different cast, set about 100-150 years after Vikings. I believe it leads up to the adventures of King William the Conqueror, who was a descendent of Rollo. Should also cover Leif Erikson

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
So, to no one's surprise they gender and race swapped the part of Haakon Jarl, the ruler of Norway from about 975 to 995, to a black female in the upcoming Vikings:Valhalla.

Haakon Sigurdsson - Wikipedia

Here is a picture of Jarl Hakonna Matata

Jarl hakonna matata.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn this is a great version of a Norse traditional song:

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i've tried watching The Last Kingdom and gotten up to season 2 but man the main protagonist is such a huge faggot compared to Ragnar Lothbrok. honestly wouldn't recommend to anyone who is a fan of Vikings, its pretty boring.

Assassins Creed Valhalla though is rumored to get a big ass expansion next year that will venture into Muspelheim and shit, seems kinda weird but I guess they are chasing that God of War money.

• 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I saw this vahalla thing on netflix last week and was bummed when it was only a trailer. I was wondering if it was an official continuation of the vikings series. If you search for vikings you get tons and tons of things that have been named that through the years.

I may have said this before, but I'd like to see them just continue down the lothbrok line until they get to modern day. What were the sons of ragnar doing in the renaissance? During WW1?What are they doing now? Well, this one is hooked on heroine and pays for his habit by letting people piss on him for money. Lets do a half season on him! Then we'll move on to his distant cousin who is a business tycoon and is about to murder a motherfucker in the boardroom.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How many Nordic-Africans are going to be in this show? Trailer looked expensive.
This looks expensive and just doesn't look good to me. Also ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-130628~2.png
    Screenshot_20220208-130628~2.png
    740.4 KB · Views: 31

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm about halfway in. It is good.

For the edgelords in a tizzy over muh histyreical acuuracy, most of the darkies we've seen so far were slaves in chains. No idea if that would be accurate for the time period and don't really care.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Only watched Ep 1 so far but I agree, this didnt get the WOT treatment the ads had led me to fear.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The jarl of Kattegat was race and gender swapped... but that's the usual with tv these days..
Other than that was a decent start.
edit: they did say she's the jarl's wife that took over so I guess it gets a pass

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Shes the only one so far, not too rustled

BUT, they are totally doing the goddam ridiculous "no one notices she's the only black person" thing.

Maul

Dental Dammer
One black woman leading the Vikings in the 11th century, seems perfectly feasible. Most retarded shit I've ever seen.

• 5Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The jarl of Kattegat was race and gender swapped... but that's the usual with tv these days..
Other than that was a decent start.
edit: they did say she's the jarl's wife that took over so I guess it gets a pass

The original series had female jarls already. Laegertha had her own kingdom that she took by force. Ragnar's wife ran the city when he died.

They did go to pains to explain her lineage, so yeah that's sort of shoe horned in. But I didn't think it was bad. The original series definitely had instances of leaders fucking and falling love with their slaves.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
What you guys have a problem with Jarl Aunt Jemima of Compton?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched all 8 episodes and thought it was meh. None of the characters were particullary engaging. Same old story as all of the other seasons of Vikings. Christians want to kill Vikings cuz Vikings wont be Christians. Season finale was good, basically a 40 minute battle.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Just finished, it was great. It was more of the same but with different characters so that was what I was hoping for. Also more nudity. Netflix is awesome.

The timing of the fleet arriving at the end was dumb as shit, but I give that a pass for movie timing.

I was sort of hoping they'd continue with Ragnor's line. Other than Queen Emma I don't remember anyone actually related to him. Certainly no descendants.

Oldbased

> Than U
do all white people look the same to you?

its a totally different cast, set about 100-150 years after Vikings. I believe it leads up to the adventures of King William the Conqueror, who was a descendent of Rollo. Should also cover Leif Erikson
I said same casting and filming not same cast you illiterate worm.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user