Vikings

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm part way through season "501" and holy fucking fuckballs of fuck, this actor playing the bishop is one annoying twat.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That's how we all see you.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Season 6, just finished the episode with a death in kattegat following the branded bandits raid

Such a fucking cringy girl power episode, and this entire season overall sucks. Did they completely change writers for season 6? All of the characters feel dramatically different.

The entire series oozes with "girl power" that actually works and feels natural and enjoyable, then they get to season 6 and have to make everyone don pussy hats and sing songs or give eulogies fetishing femininity?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Was one of my favorite series, unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to finish the last season after a few episodes. Things just felt so off, and Bjorn was about the only likable character left for me.

Oldbased

> Than U
Not sure if anyone was still following this but Amazon made a deal to air it first before History channel.
Dec 30th. All 10 final episodes drop on Prime video. Series finale.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally watching this. Good shit and amazing it started on history channel.

Last Kingdom is better but this is certainly worth the watch. 👍

Also lmao at the main dude playing the same character in Raised by Wolves. 😅

Oldbased

> Than U
Seems like the intro song on the final 10 episodes are all fucked up, like multiple copies playing at once or something.
Also the first 4 episodes cut sharply to scenes not related to each other, like there is no flow.
Wondering how much of this was intentional and how much was Covid fucking.
Still enjoying it, but wasn't shit I noticed the other many episodes.

Oldbased

> Than U

Remember the bitch riding the dragon wannabe in the hottub in GoT that was always around the Kalesi that also taught her how to fuck a man?
That same young ass chick was the russian Katrina agent in Strike Back the final 2 seasons.

Anyways stick with it. Vikings die and many got pissed off later seasons due to it.
It's what they did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You must not have seen the Warcraft movie either, cuz he plays the same character in that lol.

Season 1 of Vikings is slow but its crazy how much they ramp up the gore and violence as the show gained popularity. I stopped watching shortly after Fimmel left the show though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if anyone was still following this but Amazon made a deal to air it first before History channel.
Dec 30th. All 10 final episodes drop on Prime video. Series finale.
downloading now. Too bad it's not on Prime Canada otherwise I would use legit means.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember the bitch riding the dragon wannabe in the hottub in GoT that was always around the Kalesi that also taught her how to fuck a man?
That same young ass chick was the russian Katrina agent in Strike Back the final 2 seasons.
You sure about that? Her IMDB seems to disagree.

Upon further investigation, you just have the wrong character.
russian Katrina was played by Yasemin Kay Allen, who was never in Game of Thrones.
Capt. Natalie Reynolds was played by Roxanne McKee, hottub dragon wannabe rider.

Oldbased

> Than U
You sure about that? Her IMDB seems to disagree.

Upon further investigation, you just have the wrong character.
russian Katrina was played by Yasemin Kay Allen, who was never in Game of Thrones.
Capt. Natalie Reynolds was played by Roxanne McKee, hottub dragon wannabe rider.
You are right, it is the previous season the woman who played Captain Natalie Reynolds.
Roxanne McKee
Got my hot Captains mixed up.
1609395359688.png
1609395374971.png

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
Just binged through all 6 (really 8-9, considering "half seasons") seasons of Vikings. Seasons 1-4 were the shit, absolutely brilliant TV. Then the show fell down and was pretty bad by the end, oh well.

Vikings: Valhalla is releasing allegedly in 2021, no date yet but they have been filming for 5-6 months now, Netflix paid for 24 episodes probably set over 2 seasons.

Vikings Valhalla takes place around 100 years after Vikings I believe, and covers Leif Eriksson and King William the Conqueror.

What got me into the show was actually Assassins Creed Valhalla, bought that a few weeks ago and been playing every week. Long ass, "its very Ubisoft" kinda game but I've really enjoyed exploring ~890 AD England and you interact with a lot of characters from the show like the Ragnarsonss, King Aelfred, and you start the game in Norway as well. Highly recommend for anyone who loved Vikings, its pedantic and boring enough that its easy to binge the show while playing.

Will jump to The Last Kingdom next, heard its even better so can't wait. Ragnar Lothbrok was such an amazing character and story though.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Show went downhill starting with the stupid-ass Chinese opium princess plotline

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm finally glad they put to bed the first series, the last few seasons were a drag, I really didn't care for the sons other than bjorn.
But I'm in for a fresh start in the vikings era again.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You must not have seen the Warcraft movie either, cuz he plays the same character in that lol.

Season 1 of Vikings is slow but its crazy how much they ramp up the gore and violence as the show gained popularity. I stopped watching shortly after Fimmel left the show though.

Black Sails could have benefited from the Vikings blueprint in the later seasons. It became too much of a character study at times, a slog to get through. It was ok for superfans of the setting and if you had a favorite character on screen. But otherwise failed to deliver the pace expected of a show about pirates. The bulk of many episodes being just exposition, meandering, and dallying around.

Most people dropped out. Too many character study episodes and side plots that involved literally just standing around with long lingering meandering cinematography. Even episodes with action were marred by loitering scenes and dragging pace.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Wait, so Vikings Valhalla is the same casting/filming crew just down the timeline?
If so I might have to sub to Netflix for the first time in years.