Vinyl

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think Olivia Wilde looks like an alien. Always has. Never understood the fascination with her.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Thought the pilot was a little long and dragged a bit, but will definitely keep watching

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That...was weird as shit. I have no idea what to expect out of this. It might be the greatest thing ever or it might be a pretentious mess of bullshit. I can't tell yet

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
You could really see Scorsese and his directing all over the first episode.

The others are directed by different people, I will be curious to see how the style changes. (If at all)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You could really see Scorsese and his directing all over the first episode.
Whilst I knew Scorsese was an Exec Producer I didn't know he was directing the Pilot (even though he directed pilot of Boardwalk Empire which he was also Exec Producer on). Whilst there were a few Scorsese signature moments, like the body in the boot being dumped at night and a very brief tracking shot through a busy bar, it never really felt like full on Scorsese, and I had to check the credits to make sure he was the director.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Interesting, I did not know Scorsese directed the first episode and thought to myself "This director must think he's Scorsese".

I noticed the camera sweeps, flashbacks, music placement, etc right away.

It's nice to hear another persons perspective on it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The slow-mo lighter catching fire and then blending into the next scene cut was the first point when I said to myself "hmm, Scorsese must have directed this", not having known that fact ahead of time.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I think Olivia Wilde looks like an alien. Always has. Never understood the fascination with her.
Some of us dig that kind of thing
wink.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
One thing that bothered me was how central Led Zeppelin was to the story and then they didn't even play Led Zeppelin songs. Just Zep-esque sounding things.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
One thing that bothered me was how central Led Zeppelin was to the story and then they didn't even play Led Zeppelin songs. Just Zep-esque sounding things.
Zeppelin is notorious for being picky about the usage of their songs, and, it's like crazy 7-figure expensive. I remember reading an article on how Affleck had to continually beg and plead with them to use a track in his Argo film.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know they're that way. So why even use Zeppelin? There were other huge bands back then. Use one of them. It just bothered me. Especially because the soundtrack is littered with other hits from the era.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know they're that way. So why even use Zeppelin? There were other huge bands back then. Use one of them. It just bothered me. Especially because the soundtrack is littered with other hits from the era.
Probably because at the time, Led Zep was the most innovative and successful "rock'n'roll" band around. They blended blues, rock, rock'n'roll, heavy rock and folk musics into a once of a time setup.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I like Led Zeppelin but that statement just isn't true. They were not the most innovative band of the time, Cream and The Rolling Stones had been blending blues and jazz with rock for years before Zeppelin was even a band. Zeppelin made some great music (and stole a lot of their material as well) but they were not very innovative.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like Led Zeppelin but that statement just isn't true. They were not the most innovative band of the time, Cream and The Rolling Stones had been blending blues and jazz with rock for years before Zeppelin was even a band. Zeppelin made some great music (and stole a lot of their material as well) but they were not very innovative.
You're right but since Mick Jagger is exec'ing the show, I guess shoehorning the Rolling Stones into the narrative would have been odd. Also Cream broke up in 1968, and since the show happened in 1973, it would have been weird talking about them.