Vinyl

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Show is really great. I agree with Khorum, this is essentially Mad Men, the 70's version (Was great seeing the costumes and hair at the end of mad men transitioning to this show). Even the industries aren't too far apart, record label vs advertising, both essentially pimping product--one just owns the product. Surprised the ratings aren't high, though I suspect this show will be a slow burn hit like, as said, Mad Men.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Haven't really decided if I like this show but I don't hate it. It's a little like Mad Men but the writing isn't as good. I feel like they're turning the drama up to 11 at the expense of character development. I could take a bit more of the blonde secretary/wannabe agent naked with Jagger Jr. (or without him).

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This weeks episode wasn't bad, the show has seemed to level off a bit.

The new female partner idea may spice things up a bit, other than that it's a bit stale.

If you go back and re-watch the first episode, you can really see the difference. (At least I did when I re-watched during a marathon on HBO 2)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This weeks episode very much had a Hunter S Thompson/Fear & Loathing vibe to it. Very manic at times.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
so not even Olivia Wilde's titties and bush warranted a comment?
That was a pretty hilarious merkin she was wearing. Aside from that though, A++.

This show is a little much for me but I'm not giving up yet.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I liked seeing Ritchie semi sober and focused, one of the better episodes for me this week.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
To me the fact that he wasn't high just makes him even more horrible. It's getting really hard to root for this dude.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
My favorite episode in a while. I love the music scenes and this episode was heavy on music and a little lighter on Ritchie being a shit bag. The satanic curse was weird but at least the kids killed some tranny's cat.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Canavale is fucking killing it, Emmy nom for certain. The cinematography in this series is absolutely stunning as well.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't Ritchie supposed to be sober now? When did he get his bar back in his office?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
He was sober for about a day and a half. He's "using" drugs, not abusing them now according to him.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, but didn't he not do cocaine in Vegas by the pool, or am I imagining that? The show made a deal about him removing the bar from his office, now it's back. I know I am being overly nit picky, but it seemed really out of place to just drop that whole story line.

I like the show, but they seem to be cramming 5 seasons of Mad Men plots into one season.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That was the day and a half he was sober, and he wound up fucking things up severely, which may have led to his decision to just be a moderate junkie now instead of going sober. His sobriety ended at the end of that episode when they get on the plane back to New York and he starts the flight with a double vodka.