VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Iirc it's going to be cheaper to buy the vive pro+normal vive which comes in a bundle with shit than the shit on their own. Like you save 50bucks or something and you get a free normal vive out of it which you might be able to resell. I saw someone doing that math somewhere.

Anyway shit's looks too expensive so far since they're not bundling anything with it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I got a new computer this week that is Vive Pro ready. Doing a bit of research and it would cost me $799 + $135 + $135 + $130 + $130 = $1329 to get everything.

Am I crazy to be considering this at this point? What are the chances the have a bundle with the Pro + the base stations & handsets in the near future?

Well, on the one hand, I think the screen door on the normal vive is outrageously bad, but on the other hand I think their pricing on the vive pro is greedy as fuck.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Dell has the PSVR Doom bundle (headset, camera and game) for $199 plus a $25 Dell gift card - seems like a damn good deal.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vive Pro looks nice, but I just don't know if I can justify another 800 bucks when I'm not really using my Vive that often as it is. I also really want the wireless adapter as well, if I'm going to upgrade. I'll report back when I'm drunk one night and making bad financial decisions.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Vive Pro looks nice, but I just don't know if I can justify another 800 bucks when I'm not really using my Vive that often as it is. I also really want the wireless adapter as well, if I'm going to upgrade. I'll report back when I'm drunk one night and making bad financial decisions.

Let us know tomorrow how the ordering process went ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed skyrim with a vorpx when the Rift came out, but I thought the textures were too low res and the melee combat was too uhh, up close.

I can definitely seeing Skyrim VR being an absolute dream for an archery and magic character though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Whoa wireless? I didn't think there'd be enough speed in a connexion.

Maybe that's what Jimi has, because when he does those spin around moves in the just dance room, that would strangle me in wires

Siliconemelons

I enjoyed skyrim with a vorpx when the Rift came out, but I thought the textures were too low res and the melee combat was too uhh, up close.

I can definitely seeing Skyrim VR being an absolute dream for an archery and magic character though.

Archery is awesome on the PSVR Skyrim. Combat with normal "humans" or whatever are fine, big things...giants..those big elephant things...dragons, yeah you run up and hack their legs, face etc. as the entire game is first person.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought the Vive Pro and it came in today. The most striking difference is that the screen door effect is much less noticable. Pixels are smaller of course but there also seems to be less blackspace between them. Together it gives a sharper image that's really a noticable improvement if you're reading text or looking at things in the distance.

Played some Skyrim with it and the characters and environments seem more solid looking. You can actually see some face detail at normal NPC interaction range now.

Not too impressed with the sound so far, seems to lack bass. I was using large over-the-ear headphones before and those had more punch to them. Might be adjustable, haven't looked in to it yet.

• 2Like

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
I bought the Vive Pro and it came in today. The most striking difference is that the screen door effect is much less noticable. Pixels are smaller of course but there also seems to be less blackspace between them. Together it gives a sharper image that's really a noticable improvement if you're reading text or looking at things in the distance.

Played some Skyrim with it and the characters and environments seem more solid looking. You can actually see some face detail at normal NPC interaction range now.

Not too impressed with the sound so far, seems to lack bass. I was using large over-the-ear headphones before and those had more punch to them. Might be adjustable, haven't looked in to it yet.

Thanks for reporting your experiences. I'm one of the ones waiting for the right moment to jump in, so definitely keeping an eye out for honest feedback.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Review on the Vive Pro. My friend got his yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to stop by. After this video I'm less interested and will likely just save my money for a more thorough upgrade.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Skyrim PSVR bundle is $239 on dell.com and $249 at Walmart...

PlayStation VR Headset Bundle - Includes camera, motion controllers and Skyrim VR | Dell United States

Is no one playing Wipeout VR? Holy shit this is the truth!! Fucking amazing.

Just about every PSVR reviewer has launched Wipeout VR to the top of their "Best PSVR Games" list... I feel like with this sale plus Wipeout, I have no choice but to pull the trigger and finally get PSVR. I need something to shake me from my crippling Fortnite addiction, and I loves me some futuristic hover racing...

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Read its only $230 at costco, I paid $499 without getting skyrim included and zero regrets. Skyrim VR still probably my favorite gaming experience. I'd love to get the PC that could handle it but who wants to buy two year old cards that are still selling for ridiculous amounts (yeah they've come down but not enough) that can barely handle 4k anyways.

People keep saying consoles are dead but until you can buy a fucking reasonably priced video card that can handle VR and 4k I'll probably be sticking at 1080p on my computer and doing most of my gaming on consoles.

There are easily enough games to make this price worth it. RE7 in VR is pants shitting fun.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really am on the VR hype train after playing the Vive at a friend's house. But it's so damn expensive!

However, for the same price as the Vive, or at least similar, it looks like I can get a ps4 pro, move controllers, and PSVR? This seems like a no brainer...