VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got all of the above working, removed the oculus headphones that were ripping out large chunks of my hair every time I took the helmet off, and ordered another sensor and some mounting stuff.

I also got rid of my bed. Moar space! VR life

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'd like to but in truth I can't really keep that helmet on for very long. After about an hour I get a strange pain right in the forehead.

I don't know how Poke and Jimi and such do those 24 hour streams. I have a very large noggin so maybe it just doesn't fit that great.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Recently had the chance to try out the Vive at a friends house. Played a base defense game where I was shooting arrows at dudes trying to storm the castle, another one where I walked around someone's laboratory, and at one point shrunk down tiny and was walking around the same laboratory? Was pretty intense.

Oddly enough, my favorite experience was walking around the solar system. Was messing with a couple planets, and I turned around to have the Sun, to scale, right in my face. Was amazing! The whole thing has me very curious about the educational application of VR. My 4 year old son would flip his lid if he could walk around in space and play with the planets like I did.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're thinking of soy.
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

been playing more and more skyrim - its much (vs morrowind, the last elderscrolled I played) better in terms of being able to keep on track, and then go off track and then get back on without getting overly jacked up.

also, VR is lovely and lovely in this game - next gen VR and games like this are going to be the "VR we have dreamed of" for our generation at least, new kids will be desiring "ready player one" type stuff

My kids love playing VR- just there is not much for them to do with PSVR- and last time I just let them play with it, they somehow fuxxed up the calibration and everything was tilted, had to totally factory reset my ps4 to fix it...so, they aint allowed to mess with it :) they like the "phone VR" coaster games and such

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Lots of stories of "bricked" rifts today. That used to mean the device was a paperweight forever, but I guess we are so advanced we can soulcast or alchemy bricks into working tech.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got a notification of a rift patch today, interesting that a big brick bug happened so far after release.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently it was due to an expired certificate. Facebook? More like Facepalm! Am I right, fellas?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a new computer this week that is Vive Pro ready. Doing a bit of research and it would cost me $799 + $135 + $135 + $130 + $130 = $1329 to get everything.

Am I crazy to be considering this at this point? What are the chances the have a bundle with the Pro + the base stations & handsets in the near future?