VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp...

Now I just bought Firewall, Torn, and Wipeout.

Where are my PSVR peeps :)

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Curious how firewall is to play, it looks great, and im thinkin of picking it up tommorrow.

Any opinions?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx give us some updates in here please. I'm still on the fence about ordering one. Really wish I could try it out first.
first off, my purposes for the psvr is probably different than most, it is basically a workout game for us, fun cardio, we have a full DDR setup, and when i mean full it is two metal pads that weight 50lbs each.

As such for a week, we've only played beat saber and it's great, waiting on new dlc songs. still haven't even popped in creed yet, cuz beat saber is so fun, i only know boxing fundamentals (and theres a bag in the basement, mainly used for kicks honestly).

Theres bound to be a xmas sale if you want to wait. (i was also told to wait to buy some astrobot game)

on the psvr itself, the headset is awesome, i can jump around and shit and it doesn't fly off or feel tiring or heavy, i've only had 2 types of the android slip in goggles and those are garbage child toys compared to this headset.

I did have to buy a boom mic (like for speaking) in order for camera to work correctly, i'm 5'10 wife is 5'2, otherwise tracking was wonky. i'm gonna find a suitable "hook" soon so i can suspend the psvr from the ceiling (so the cable doesn't get in the way).

i did not get skyrim or doom, it mainly an entertainment workout machine now. My wife did ask me to move it to the bed so she can game on it while lying down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gonna be difficult to lie down with the headset on. I think you can find astrobot for $20 now and it's worth every penny. Don't forget to buy Wipeout for $6.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea I think I'm gonna pick up the skyrim bundle. Fuck it. Someone please tag me if you see that go on sale!

Oh....how's multiplayer? The only thing I've heard of so far was the star trek game.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yea I think I'm gonna pick up the skyrim bundle. Fuck it. Someone please tag me if you see that go on sale!

Oh....how's multiplayer? The only thing I've heard of so far was the star trek game.

MP is fine for newer games generally, I don't spend much time doing it because there are so many great experiences that don't require it.

Save $100 on All PS VR Bundles: (12/16 – 12/26): Sony PlayStation VR Astro Bot Rescue Mission + Moss Bundle $199.99 or $189.99 w/ REDcard & More @ Target/Best Buy/Gamestop 12-13-2018

Starting tomorrow you can get a bundle for $249 that includes the moves. I'd probably go borderlands 2 + beat saber, but the Creed+Superhot bundle is great too. Just buy Skyrim on sale (think I've seen $30?)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You can also get the Aim gun for like $50-60 with or without a game at Gamestop right now and that thing is a ton of fun and good exercise because I generally use it standing up.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Beat saber is fun, but Superhot is super fucking legit and will also get you moving around dodging shit like a martial arts expert.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Eating lunch with the woman and I'm trying to sell her on VR. Someone give me a video, quick! (She doesn't play games other than fruit ninja)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eating lunch with the woman and I'm trying to sell her on VR. Someone give me a video, quick! (She doesn't play games other than fruit ninja)
the skill is that the boxes have directional arrows on how you're supposed to swipe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, I don't know why but QVC of all places has a crazy deal on PS4 VR. Comes with the core set up, Borderlands 2 VR and Beat Saber for $90. (same one is at WalMart for $250 now)

It says its new to their site, usually their shit is way overpriced so I don't know why its this cheap, but figured some of you may be interested. Figured it's a cheap as hell way to try out some VR. Can even do 6 easy payments of $17!! lol

PlayStation VR Borderlands 2 and Beat Saberbundle — QVC.com