VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

lol. even the video wasn't honored.

1545015419188.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
those of you who happen to get it, be aware if you have a 4k tv, this is a fucking hassle.
I have a 4k tv, and the pass through box that comes with the PSVR does NOT do 4k passthrough. so basically once you hook it up (if you are using the PS4PRO) you are back to 720P/1080P on your PS4Pro output to TV.
I've spent a shit ton of time and research to bypass this and it's not easy. I managed it with 2 4k passthrough switches which still does not work perfectly. Just be aware that once you hook up the PSVr you are fucking your PS4PRO output.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
depending on your setup, that sounds fine and dandy, but i thought about that too, and that was also a pain in the ass lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This isn't true anymore, the v2 the new bundles.come with does 4k passthrough.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
those of you who happen to get it, be aware if you have a 4k tv, this is a fucking hassle.
I have a 4k tv, and the pass through box that comes with the PSVR does NOT do 4k passthrough. so basically once you hook it up (if you are using the PS4PRO) you are back to 720P/1080P on your PS4Pro output to TV.
I've spent a shit ton of time and research to bypass this and it's not easy. I managed it with 2 4k passthrough switches which still does not work perfectly. Just be aware that once you hook up the PSVr you are fucking your PS4PRO output.

The box passes 4k. It doesn't pass HDR unless you are on V2.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
wtf, if this is true, they need to offer a swap out program, because this is a pain in the fucking ass.

edit: dammit to hell, it is true.... this just makes me angry.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have to admit that I'm jealous my oldest kid can do unlimited time in VR. She played Skyrim for like 4 or 5 hours yesterday. I can't do more than 90 minutes, and after that 90 minutes I need to recover for a few hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

all new PSVR units (everything sold in 2018) does pass thru HDR and 4k no problem. Only the OG PSVR units had that problem which required reconnect or switches.

If you do get the QVC unit make sure to buy Astrobot if its not included, its easily the best VR game ever made. Also Tetris Effect is really good. Both should be on sale digitally on the PSN store after xmas, they are $20 at amazon/gamestop now.

Star Trek is pretty cool too, it has a TNG dlc too

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Still no cancellation email from QVC, so I'm hoping we're good. I'll pick up the same bundle for $200 if it ends up getting cancelled. I'm more excited about Skyrim than anything else, but Astrobot looks really fun too. Beat saber looks fun, but I have zero rhythm and I doubt I'll ever be able to play anything above beginner.

Girlfriend is going to start getting really salty about "FUS ROH DAH" pretty soon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really want this but not sure I want it $200 bad. Ugh.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It’s definitely worth it now with all the great games out there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
For sure get the version with the moves, $50 is a no brainer, they're far more immersive than the ds4 and let you play games like Superhot. Yeah was confused on the 4k thing, I'm still on a 1080p projector so it doesn't concern me.

It's not for everyone. Some games I think it'd be impossible to get sick in, like Astrobot, but other games like RE7 take VR legs to get through. My suggestion on that is to stop playing IMMEDIATELY if you start to feel sick, it will not get better during that session only worse. The important part is to keep at it, little by little every day on a game that makes you ill. You will build a tolerance to it and you will no longer get sick if you stick with it and stop as soon as any problems start.

Ginger candy/soda and a fan do quite a bit to help as well, but aren't necessary. Some people swear by the strap that goes around your wrist but I've never tried it.

Skyrim VR (with moves) is still probably my favorite gaming experience of my life at this point. (maybe outside the first time I pvp'ed in UO haha)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have to admit that I'm jealous my oldest kid can do unlimited time in VR. She played Skyrim for like 4 or 5 hours yesterday. I can't do more than 90 minutes, and after that 90 minutes I need to recover for a few hours.
you get nautious?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also Tetris Effect is really good. Both should be on sale digitally on the PSN store after xmas, they are $20 at amazon/gamestop now.
I saw this youtube where this tetris master (only old school nes) played tetris effect and he was doing pretty well.

Then they put the psvr on his head and he was master level again, i think they said the psvr had like no lag or something.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Damn, I figured for sure that would be cancelled, at that price I would have bought a 2nd just to have V2 and borderlands.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I got pretty nausea's the couple times I've tried but damn if I dont want to play Borderlands 2 in VR.

• 1Like