VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i got astrobot on hold for pickup, they said it'd take a day or two, guess they're nabbing it from another location.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Get that fucker out the door.

We all going to try out firewall or what?

View attachment 186351

I just called QVC (under the guise that I was hoping to get it before Christmas as the estimated delivery is the 26th) and she said her system shows I should and it should be shipped tomorrow!

Will update when the status changes in my account.

Edit: Also, they just debited my account...so I think this is happening.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
you get nautious?

Queasy I guess. I feel that way for a few hours afterwards. Some people blow chunks within seconds of putting the headset on. Some games are worse than others, but 90 minutes is the upper limit for my best-case scenario.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Queasy I guess. I feel that way for a few hours afterwards. Some people blow chunks within seconds of putting the headset on. Some games are worse than others, but 90 minutes is the upper limit for my best-case scenario.
oh thats how i am now with modern FPS, 30m in i'll get that stale taste at the back of my throat and just gets progressively worse.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, set that shit down as soon as you start to feel anything. You aren't going to beat it by associating hours of sickness with use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like how I feel if I text or use my phone as a passenger in a car. I'll be doing fine and the wife will slam on the breaks or do something else unexpected and I'll instantly feel like shit for hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Great success!!

2507D7C6-ACF8-4DE3-93CB-752D55FDFA7A.jpeg

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I hope I'm still around by the time VR gaming really finds its footing with sufficient advancements. I couldn't stomach the god rays & screen door effects of the Rift I bought (and returned) but my experience playing Elite Dangerous with it was amazing. Being able to look around in the cockpit and turn my head to look out the side windows while zooming in and around the stations was unlike anything I've experienced in gaming. My body was literally pumping adrenaline into my system when I was getting a bit too close to things at a fast speed as it was convinced I was in danger.

I wasn't too impressed with the FPS games and the like, but simulator/immersive games benefit greatly from it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope I'm still around by the time VR gaming really finds its footing with sufficient advancements. I couldn't stomach the god rays & screen door effects of the Rift I bought (and returned) but my experience playing Elite Dangerous with it was amazing. Being able to look around in the cockpit and turn my head to look out the side windows while zooming in and around the stations was unlike anything I've experienced in gaming. My body was literally pumping adrenaline into my system when I was getting a bit too close to things at a fast speed as it was convinced I was in danger.

I wasn't too impressed with the FPS games and the like, but simulator/immersive games benefit greatly from it.

Aye, I think a lot of people feel the same way. I may still jump in soon even though the tech isn't as good as I would like. Kind of bored with gaming atm and playing around in VR Elite / Valkrie / Fallout 4 etc, might be fun for a while.

Crone

So the bundle I want that has Borderlands VR and Beat Saber is $250, not $200. Ugh. Moss and Astrobot are at the top of everyone's list for best games on PSVR though, so I'd probably just buy that bundle, and then buy Beat Saber seperately. I think Borderlands VR is pretty neat, but I'm not super excited about playing it in VR.

Also, I already have a PS Camera. Is there anything to do with a 2nd one with this? I don't suppose it's like the Vive and can setup a separate camera in the room for better body recognition?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I know a couple people playing Borderlands VR and they can’t say enough great things about it.

I’m so pumped I got the Borderlands/Beat Saber bundle for $90.

I’ll have to check out Moss or Astrobot. I’ve seem videos on Astro but know nothing about moss. That racing game posted a page or two ago looked cool too.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For me, there's two types of vr experience

super interactive, cardio, a better ddr.
I saw this in Japan and my wife and i were just lookin at them play
(theres no way our old asses do anything like that)

and add some of this drum game

and that's what i'm getting with beat saber

I think most of ya'll want this type of vr experience

For now i got a big u-loop clip and a pull, gonna see how i can hang this from the ceiling w/o making it look like some medievil contraption.

I'm not worried about the ceiling at all, i can easily find a beam to hook onto and it's super easy to patch popcorn ceiling.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How they do not have AIM Support for Borderlands V R is beyond me. Everything I heard is that playing with Dual Shock is the way to go, Move controllers suck to use (Which rips out some immersion) and the key controller for movement and shooting would have been with the AIM. How is that not supported?

Crone

I admit, it bothers me that they didn't give you all the DLCs. They said in a IGN video that they had years ago the preliminary tech going where you could just look around in the Borderlands world in VR. He said it wasn't the right time 2 years ago to release it, and I agree, but in all that time, they couldn't have VR'ed the rest of the game and given us all DLCs? Seems kinda cheap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the bundle I want that has Borderlands VR and Beat Saber is $250, not $200. Ugh. Moss and Astrobot are at the top of everyone's list for best games on PSVR though, so I'd probably just buy that bundle, and then buy Beat Saber seperately. I think Borderlands VR is pretty neat, but I'm not super excited about playing it in VR.

Also, I already have a PS Camera. Is there anything to do with a 2nd one with this? I don't suppose it's like the Vive and can setup a separate camera in the room for better body recognition?

Keep in mind the $250 package also has two move controllers that are $100 by themselves that the $200 Moss/Astrobot package does not have. Beat Saber requires the move controllers IIRC.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You absolutely want the moves and yes you need them for Beat Saber. That bundle is far superior even if the 2 games included with the cheaper one are both great.

I haven't played Borderlands yet because I just don't feel like dropping $50 on it when I know it'll go on sale and I still have tons of games to play, but I'm fairly sure from watching videos and reading that the move wands don't suck to use if you liked using them in Skyrim. Moves need a fucking stick on them but that's not going to happen until PS5 at the min.

Obviously not having aim support is retarded but Gearbox said on their live stream during release they know everyone wants it. Can't imagine that doesn't get patched. I'm guessing they left off the DLC so they could release it for more money, it's Gearbox afterall.

Crone

Keep in mind the $250 package also has two move controllers that are $100 by themselves that the $200 Moss/Astrobot package does not have. Beat Saber requires the move controllers IIRC.
Duh... Didn't notice that for some reason. Thanks!

spronk

FPS noob
PSVR sale until 12/25
PlayStation VR

I don't really see anything "must have" in the list, to me the must have list is Astrobot, Moss, and maybe Skyrim / Borderlands / Beat Saber.

Also rumor is BioShock VR is gonna be announced today

and yeah the Beat Saber package with the move controllers is the best one to get, those things can be a pain in the ass to pickup