VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
time to buy vr for everyone
I meant to tell you that I told my sister you and your wife got it for an exercise thing and she just laughed at first. When she just left this morning, she said her Fitbit said she had 94 minutes of exercise. ;)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit.

We put off the deal on Black Friday for Nintendo Switch. Now I want PSVR, and the wife is asking do we get the Switch or the PSVR.

Why she gotta put these hard choices on me? :(

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
PSVR easily. You can get all sorts of amazing deals like Wipeout for $6, it's something you can use in a party setting with things like Beat Saber, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and it also has just amazing gaming experiences like RE7, Superhot, Skyrim and on and on.

Switch has expensive games you've already played and being portable is overrated.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

PSVR easily. You can get all sorts of amazing deals like Wipeout for $6, it's something you can use in a party setting with things like Beat Saber, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and it also has just amazing gaming experiences like RE7, Superhot, Skyrim and on and on.

Switch has expensive games you've already played and being portable is overrated.
Just reassured the choice I already made!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
God dammit. Guess I know where my Christmas money is going now...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Astrobot sold out at target and best buy, will have to order that online.

Got the bundle and Skyrim VR. Never could get into Skyrim before but playing in VR as an archer might change my mind.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Astrobot sold out at target and best buy, will have to order that online.

Got the bundle and Skyrim VR. Never could get into Skyrim before but playing in VR as an archer might change my mind.
try gamestop, where i got mine for 20$

Crone

So I don't have the VR legs that I thought that I had. Was trying out Skyrim, because the move controllers are dead as door nails, even after 15 minutes charging? and I was doing fine, then I did something. Looked a certain way, or something, and I instantly got motion sickness. Stopped immediately as people here have suggested, but I'll probably feel a little sick for a couple hours at least.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I don't have the VR legs that I thought that I had. Was trying out Skyrim, because the move controllers are dead as door nails, even after 15 minutes charging? and I was doing fine, then I did something. Looked a certain way, or something, and I instantly got motion sickness. Stopped immediately as people here have suggested, but I'll probably feel a little sick for a couple hours at least.
charging from ps4 will take a while, wall charger is like 1hr to fully charge.

Crone

charging from ps4 will take a while, wall charger is like 1hr to fully charge.
Yea, they blink red at me when I try and turn them on even after 15 minutes of wall charging.

Wife gets motion sick faster than I do, but I think a game like Astrobot, meant to be played from sitting is going to be really cool.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea, they blink red at me when I try and turn them on even after 15 minutes of wall charging.

Wife gets motion sick faster than I do, but I think a game like Astrobot, meant to be played from sitting is going to be really cool.
they turn off when done charge, fyi, so there you go.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Yea, I've gotten a little queasy on just about any of the games with player-controlled movement (Skyrim, Wipeout, Borderlands). Rush of blood wasn't bad either. Not even a hint of a queasy feeling with Beat Saber or Astrobot demo.

I feel like all of the reviews and game rankings for VR that I've heard have been pretty damn accurate, including the posts in this thread. A lot of really fun experiences in many games if they don't make you sick, but luckily the best two games I've played (Beat Saber & Astrobo) aren't an issue at all.

I want to try bridge crew with you nerds, but its $60. Also, I dont know when I'd ever be able to use a mic. I play after the baby goes to bed and she sleeps too close to be able to talk.

• 1Like

Crone

I was dumb and hadn't paired by Move controllers to my Ps4. Once I did that it was fine!

And Beat Saber is F'ing amazing!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was dumb and hadn't paired by Move controllers to my Ps4. Once I did that it was fine!

And Beat Saber is F'ing amazing!!!
i learned you get the best tracking for beat saber if you turn on and pair b4 you start up the game, otherwise i'd get a floating saber.

Siliconemelons

Do NOT play skyrim in VR without headtracking on... the patch a few months ago fubared my settings and it was a barf fest till I got head track looking back on.

Also the head tracking USED to be JUST gyro based in skyrim... now it's JUST camera based... so if your headset moved slightly off from camera view- it locks into no-track and BAARRFFF - bad move imo, the gyro track was fine, the fraction of % the cam man help imo, not worth it

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hoping my Moves won't pair bc of charging. I've always had issues with pairing though.

Crone

Do NOT play skyrim in VR without headtracking on... the patch a few months ago fubared my settings and it was a barf fest till I got head track looking back on.

Also the head tracking USED to be JUST gyro based in skyrim... now it's JUST camera based... so if your headset moved slightly off from camera view- it locks into no-track and BAARRFFF - bad move imo, the gyro track was fine, the fraction of % the cam man help imo, not worth it
It was tracking with my head just fine I think? I'd move my head, game would move my head, and I could use the controller to go that direction. I noticed the right joystick could also be used to spin around, but that was pretty terrible. Is this what you're talking about?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea I'd love to see an updated guide on recommended settings for Skyrim AND Borderlands.

The move controllers are awesome for archery and spells, but I had a really F'in hard time trying to get used to the navigation. I might just stick with Dual shock.

Crone

Yea I'd love to see an updated guide on recommended settings for Skyrim AND Borderlands.

The move controllers are awesome for archery and spells, but I had a really F'in hard time trying to get used to the navigation. I might just stick with Dual shock.
I guess the best feature of the move controllers in Skyrim is being able to shoot spells at multiple targets? Makes me wanna try and do some kind of battle mage build or something. I've never actually put more than a couple hours into Skyrim. Just couldn't get into it.

• 1Like