VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Siliconemelons

Don't do that! Lol

I have to get in bridge crew with you guys one day. 10$ it is very worth it. Heck I bought the TNG xpac for 10$ or so on top of the actual game

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I would be soooooooo down for some drunken bridge crew. Just dicking around doing some of the solo stuff I can see how absurdly funny it could end up multiplayer.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You guys pick up Bridge Crew and I'll do the same. I can play sat night and Sunday.

Also the fact that not all of Ace Combat is VR is making me steer clear of it.

Unless you are a die hard Ace Combat fan I’d wait for a serious sale. Was going to do a full write up but got sidetracked. It is a good game but some of the missions are mind bottlingly tedious. Almost quit the game like 3 times because mission / time requirements were asinine. Because it is <current year> they decided 95% of the enemies needed to be drones that are all Ace level pilots even on Easy, and there’s 1,000 of them constantly locking missles on you making the game more about constantly dodging than actually having fun dogfighting and arcade combat blowing shit up. It gets better the better planes / weapons you get access to, obviously, but all this tedious shit is thrown at you like mission 1-10 while your SU or F22s are gates behind millions of credits for prerequisite planes and part upgrades. It also seemed like this one had a disproportionate amount of ground targets where it was better off taking you A-10 on 85% of the missions bc you could have 140 normal missles and 100 ground target special missles.

Oh and some of the new weather features are more annoying than they are compelling for gameplay. Hey shoot this target surrounded on three sides while not being able to fly above 400m clouds, while being struck by lightning, while being buffeted by 1,000 mph winds. Oh and if you crash and die have fun starting at the beginning of your 20m mission bc there wasn’t a checkpoint.

Whatever, I enjoyed it was just let down after waiting so long for a new entry.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The common usage of mind bottling on this forum is mind boggling to me.
I've been trying so fucking hard to not mention that shit in the hopes that it'll die out. Drives me fucking bonkers. Thanks for your forum contribution, Lendarios Lendarios

I would have preferred "Escape Goat" become the joke.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, with that...

quote-i-guess-i-m-going-to-fade-into-bolivian-mike-tyson-136-16-45.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
well this is weird
Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son Hits PS VR Later This Year
“Groundhog Day” is getting a sequel, but it’s not a movie — it’s a virtual reality game being developed by Tequila Works in partnership with Sony Pictures Virtual Reality.

“Groundhog Day: Like Father, Like Son,” drops players into a reoccurring day in the life of Phil Connors Jr., the son of the eventually affable Phil Connors and Rita Hanson from the 1993 film. As with the movie, the game has the player stuck in a single day, trapped in Connors’ home in Punxsutawney until the son, like the father did before him, learns the value of friends and family.

The game is Sony Pictures Virtual Reality’s first foray into branching narratives and interactive storytelling in a VR game. What it isn’t is some sort of preamble or marketing ploy for a film sequel.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unless you are a die hard Ace Combat fan I’d wait for a serious sale.

I went on the Japanese PlayStation store and downloaded the demo. It’s the first vr mission and it is an awesome experience especially if you turn on the Top Gun theme song through Spotify. Totally free and gave me my flying fix. Other than that, I agree, save your $60 and wait for a steep sale if you don’t want to do what I did (or if you don’t have psvr)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
well this is weird
Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son Hits PS VR Later This Year
“Groundhog Day” is getting a sequel, but it’s not a movie — it’s a virtual reality game being developed by Tequila Works in partnership with Sony Pictures Virtual Reality.

“Groundhog Day: Like Father, Like Son,” drops players into a reoccurring day in the life of Phil Connors Jr., the son of the eventually affable Phil Connors and Rita Hanson from the 1993 film. As with the movie, the game has the player stuck in a single day, trapped in Connors’ home in Punxsutawney until the son, like the father did before him, learns the value of friends and family.

The game is Sony Pictures Virtual Reality’s first foray into branching narratives and interactive storytelling in a VR game. What it isn’t is some sort of preamble or marketing ploy for a film sequel.

If it has Bill Murray, I'm in.

If not, then fuck off

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got bridge crew, but haven't even turned the VR on in about 2 weeks. Why couldn't this stuff have come out when I was 20?!?

• 1Solidarity

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Expert+ mode added to beat saber on ps4. What the fuck, I think some people just experience reality different than I do. Its like the difference from easy to expert. I cant get 30 seconds in to any of them lol.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I saw that update yesterday and was really bummed that no new songs were released.

I think I've only gotten through 3 songs on expert

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking about getting an HTC Vive tomorrow - what are some must-buy games? I do not trust most of these shilly news sites.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thinking about getting an HTC Vive tomorrow - what are some must-buy games? I do not trust most of these shilly news sites.
Beat Saber. Also, any reason for Vive over Oculus? Reason I ask is one of the best, if not best games on VR i've played are Lone Echo and Robo Recall which I believe are Oculus only.
Triple Edit: Minecraft VR is pretty wild too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like