VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking about getting an HTC Vive tomorrow - what are some must-buy games? I do not trust most of these shilly news sites.

Google Earth VR (free)
Waltz of the Wizard (free, great for kids too)
Also try some of the higher rated environments in Steam VR (Church, Mars, abandoned factory, some Star Wars stuff; also free)

Serious Sam VR

Once you can handle moving around (makes some people queesy at first):

Skyrim VR
Talos Principle VR

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Woo, VR is working great; doesn't make me nauseous at all.

Only thing that surprises me is that when you wear the display it's not as high of resolution as I hoped. It always has that screen-door effect.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Woo, VR is working great; doesn't make me nauseous at all.

Only thing that surprises me is that when you where the display it's not as high of resolution as I hoped. It always has that screen-door effect.

None of that shit matters when you're a dubstep techno Jedi.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone tried the Odyssey+? I'm reading good things about it but was hoping someone here could give some insight.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had the same initial experience with the Vive, you get used to it after a while though. The screen door effect is much less visible on the Pro, not only are the pixels smaller but the ratio of "screen door wire" to pixel space seems better too, if you get what I mean.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm totally on the VR hype train now. Finally got around to playing Beat Saber and man were you guys not kidding - very addicting. I'm looking forward to putting some custom songs in there, though. A lot of it is pretty generic, and all-around bland. Otherwise, awesome!

As a person who didn't like Fallout 4, I can say that VR totally turns the game around for me. How immersive it is really makes it a lot more of a joy to play. I've heard that Skyrim is far superior, especially with mods, so I'm really looking forward to getting to that as well.

Siliconemelons

I had the same initial experience with the Vive, you get used to it after a while though. The screen door effect is much less visible on the Pro, not only are the pixels smaller but the ratio of "screen door wire" to pixel space seems better too, if you get what I mean.

The space between the pixies bro :)

As resolution increases this should also decrease- assuming same screen physical size and lense

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Beat Saber DLC Music Pack Vol. 1 Released Today - IGN

Beat Games announced the full track list for the Music Pack Vol. 1, a 10-song collection for $12.99 (or $1.99 per track individually). The collection is in collaboration with Monstercat to bring the following songs to Beat Saber:

• Till It’s Over - Tristam
  • We Won’t Be Alone (feat. Laura Brehm) - Feint
  • Boundless - Aero Chord
  • EPIC - Tokyo Machine
  • Stronger (feat. EMEL) - Stonebank
  • Overkill - RIOT
  • This Time - Kayzo
  • Emoji VIP - Pegboard Nerds
  • Rattlesnake - Rogue
  • Feeling Stronger (feat. Charlotte Colley) [High Maintenance Remix] - Muzzy
All of the songs have been mapped for every difficulty — including Expert+ for players purchasing on PSVR or for PC. PC players' version of Beat Saber has also been updated to include the campaign mode, which debuted in the PSVR port, as well as songs from the OST Vol. 2.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bought the new song dlc and fired up beat saber for the first time in awhile. I really like the drum n bass and dubstep stuff, but most of the new dlc (except Overkill) seems like weeb music to me so far. Only played for about 25 minutes so far though.

Not wasted money, just not as fun as the other songs imo. ;)

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overkill only new track worth a damn imo.

Also it looks like No Man's Sky VR is gonna be a thing. Hope it runs better than NMS did at launch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Glad it's not PSVR exclusive, interested in giving the VR a go.