VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe that stuff carries over
Looks like you need to buy a link cable for that to work. Nothing comes with the Quest 2? Any idea if the update to Oculus Link to allow higher resolution and 90hz refresh will require a new cable or is that a software update?

What are you guys doing for your setup? Virtual Desktop or just running natively through the Quest Store?

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use virtual desktop. I like the freedom of being in another room than my pc

I picked up the 64gb version and headband today. Got sidequest and virtual desktop installed. I’ll probably have to get my vr legs again. Display is really clear compared to the cv1.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Came in today, man the god rays on this thing are nuts. Everything else seems great.

Wonder if there is any way to minimize it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hmm, Fallout VR on sale on steam for $17.99. I've read its dogshit but with enough mods it awesome. Anyone with experience?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Its definitely dogshit without mods. I just haven't figured out which mods make it better.

Played phasmophobia for a couple hours tonight. Didn't get sick so think I'm building a good tolerance.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

I'm following this, ended up paying for stupid nexus pass so it automates the entire process because fuck manually doing it.

I did briefly fire it up without mods and it looked pretty great via Virtual Desktop to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That says you need all dlc right?
Yes and fuck that. I paid for Fallout collectors edition back in the day and was happy to do so, great game. But then last year I paid again for the VR version just to try it out on the Index and it was buggy unplayable horseshit. No fucking way I am paying them even more money to try and get a third party mod to fix their fucked up game.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Friend 1 bought friend 2’s old occu v1 bc friend 2 got occu v2. Friend 1 is a tinfoil hat loon who doesn’t use facebook, made fake account, forgot login, now can’t use his occu v1 - or rather buy some player to watch 3d pr0n. He spends so much time obscuring his logins, vpn etc, tells me google is bad and facebook steals my info blah blah blah. I’ve zero experience with occu. Is is true you have to use facebook account with them, and it’s locked to it? I hate helping this guy.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Friend 1 bought friend 2’s old occu v1 bc friend 2 got occu v2. Friend 1 is a tinfoil hat loon who doesn’t use facebook, made fake account, forgot login, now can’t use his occu v1 - or rather buy some player to watch 3d pr0n. He spends so much time obscuring his logins, vpn etc, tells me google is bad and facebook steals my info blah blah blah. I’ve zero experience with occu. Is is true you have to use facebook account with them, and it’s locked to it? I hate helping this guy.
Pretty sure it’s a requirement. Writing down his password seems like a promising solution moving forward or creating another account.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes and fuck that. I paid for Fallout collectors edition back in the day and was happy to do so, great game. But then last year I paid again for the VR version just to try it out on the Index and it was buggy unplayable horseshit. No fucking way I am paying them even more money to try and get a third party mod to fix their fucked up game.
I saw that and said fuck it and bought both fallout4 goty and fallout vr on cdkeys for $18. (goty was like $10)

Worth it to me, owned it on the PS4 and never did any of the DLC anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw that and said fuck it and bought both fallout4 goty and fallout vr on cdkeys for $18. (goty was like $10)

Worth it to me, owned it on the PS4 and never did any of the DLC anyways.

Let us know if it was worth it when you get it all up and running. The default VR mode is dogshit.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well, these mods make Fallout VR more of a survival game but since I don't really understand the controls yet I've managed to drop grenades on myself several times forcing me to reload the last save. Also, it gets god damn dark.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One last thing with the facebook stuff: apparently deleting your Facebook account (or being banned) means losing access to your games purchased from the oculus store. Something to keep in mind when you're choosing which store to buy games from.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users