VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I made the decision to ONLY buy from steamvr if possible. That way if I upgrade later, change platforms, or whatever I don't lose anything.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm basically doing the same thing. Virtual Desktop is fucking amazing, even with my Vega 56 I'm playing Fallout 4 flawlessly now. Took a bit to get the settings right but damn.

Apparently they're improving the link cable enough to be near parity with other desktop VR solutions. I could see using a cable for racing/flight sims.

I played all through skyrim VR on the PSVR, might have to redo it with mods on the Quest 2 now. Much much better VR game than Fallout. I'm having fun so far but we'll see.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone drive utnayan home
Screenshot_20201024-223356.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so - I bought episode one of Vader Immortal and am hooked. Anyone play Episode 2 and 3 yet? I know they are short, but man are these games fun. Vader is intimidating as all hell when he gets in your face. First time I have ever seen a character in VR taller then me and in VR the dude is just Ominous. Was waiting for him to force choke me out when he came into the detention center.

Also was looking at Walking Dead Saints/Sinners and also Red Matter.

I also downloaded some free Jurassic world stuff - that was awesome. The one I watched was following a baby raptor, then I saw the adult raptor, T-Rex shows up and sweet God I have to have my wife watch that one! :p

Room VR is awesome.

Also elite strap showed up yesterday - its a must have. So much better than the garbage it ships with.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Walking dead S&S is good and well worth the money. The new WD they released recently is garbage.

Fair warning though, S&S is actually kinda stressful. I can only play it in short bursts cause it just wears me out. Also, its a game that has weapon durability if you aren't into those kind of things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Walking dead S&S is good and well worth the money. The new WD they released recently is garbage.

Fair warning though, S&S is actually kinda stressful. I can only play it in short bursts cause it just wears me out. Also, its a game that has weapon durability if you aren't into those kind of things.

Weapon durability is what killed it for me. Not that it's a bad idea, they just made everything break too quickly.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Use recipe to increase durability on melee weapons in WD SS.

I only use guns for fun.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Use recipe to increase durability on melee weapons in WD SS.

I only use guns for fun.

Yeah I hate weapon durability, but the recipe you get early on improves it by like a factor of 10, so it makes weapon breakage almost a non-factor.

Also to reduce stress, ignore that message at the end of every day that says there are more zombies and less supplies. It made it sound so dreadful, but I always ended every day with bags full of great loots. It's a fun game!

Red Matter was a fun game with a good sci fi story, some of the puzzles are a bit challenging. It had good visuals for my platform, PSVR.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It's fine man, we can disagree with that. Look, I don't like necessarily being tied to an account like that - but at $299 it blows the doors off other devices and I was willing to take the risk.

I'd be willing to bet the hacking community is already working on a way to root this device. It's not like the Oculus store is any good - if they can root it and let you stream PCVR without facebook integration this will be the most powerful set on the market at its pricepoint AND not be tethered to an acct.

They already had a payout event where people rooted the device and were given 10,000 USD for the information.

It will be rootable and then it'll be fixed.

It'll be a constant battle between them and the consumer for the root.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have an OG rift and when I started the ccu software it prompted me to migrate or keep using oculus login. Was a no brainer. By the time it becomes a requirement hopefully something better is out (not that I use VR much now days anyway).

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have an OG rift and when I started the ccu software it prompted me to migrate or keep using oculus login. Was a no brainer. By the time it becomes a requirement hopefully something better is out (not that I use VR much now days anyway).
Jan 2023

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sideloaded the OG Half Life and spent the past 3 hours playing in VR. Holy shit this is great lol. (also hit my desk trying to crowbar a fucking headcrab)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users