VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Go to BeastSaber – Beat Saber Custom Map / Song Reviews and create an account. Just bookmark every song you like. When you do the patch thing on Quest to install, you get to that website at the end of the process, you sign in, and it will sync all those bookmarked songs and install them into your headset within a minute or so. Out of 104 songs, I think only 3 or 4 wouldn't work and that was because they had more advanced shit in them that relied on other mods that aren't able to be installed onto the Quest 2 yet. Whole process was super simple really.
Whelp. There goes my Rum budget for this weekend...

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
Whelp. There gos my Rum budget for this weekend...
If you do end up getting one, here are instructions on how to mod the most recent version of beat saber. It took me like 10 minutes to do.

You still have to do the sidequest and developer shit though to allow you to sideload apps onto the Quest. I think it shows how to do that in there as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is A plus. It has the best gun physics out of any VR game on the market IMO, better than Boneworks, and I think even Half Life Alyx. The satisfaction of landing a headshot with a properly placed shot from a rifle is beyond anything else you can find.
Currently what I'm playing. I'm about 5 hours in. Latest update made it so I have to verify the game integrity every time I want to play or else it crashes on load :\.

Fun game though, would definitely recommend as well!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Whelp. There goes my Rum budget for this weekend...
just got this for the wife
4363cbbf4e520257f3575fe3de229a62.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
does beat saber on ps4 have online multiplayer? Ive never really looked, i usually just play with the gf but Id rip some songs with yous guys if its possible

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
does beat saber on ps4 have online multiplayer? Ive never really looked, i usually just play with the gf but Id rip some songs with yous guys if its possible
you can't do custom anything w/ ps4 i don't believe, thats why you have to be a pleb and just suck on the sparse music packs that provide

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So what's the minimum recommended cost/setup for a quest 2 to live inside beatsaber 24/7? 64gb, pc link cable, something about an upgraded head strap?

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what's the minimum recommended cost/setup for a quest 2 to live inside beatsaber 24/7? 64gb, pc link cable, something about an upgraded head strap?
You can get the quest 2 version of beatsaber and dont even need a link cable or PC. It's $30. You can mod it easily. I use the base headstrap, the upgraded one is optional. And 64gb model is $299. So $329 + tax will get you up and running wirelessly.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Even though it isn't vr, streaming cyberpunk over virtual desktop is actually pretty awesome

Stave

Potato del Grande
So Even though it isn't vr, streaming cyberpunk over virtual desktop is actually pretty awesome
Ive been curious about non VR games in VR. Is there any noticable lag? Do you just use a controller? Being able to play my desktop while laying in bed watching a virtual bigscreen sounds fun.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ive been curious about non VR games in VR. Is there any noticable lag? Do you just use a controller? Being able to play my desktop while laying in bed watching a virtual bigscreen sounds fun.
No lag that I noticed, and since I can't get a gpu right now I'm actually double streaming it from stadia. I used an Xbox controller. It was just like playing on a huge screen with no distractions, even though it isn't a vr game because you can adjust size distance and curve it felt more immersive

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Wife was afraid to try VR because her last experience was Google Cardboard and she got sick. Finally got her to try the Quest 2 and loaded up Beatsaber. Now she wants one hah.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Go to BeastSaber – Beat Saber Custom Map / Song Reviews and create an account. Just bookmark every song you like. When you do the patch thing on Quest to install, you get to that website at the end of the process, you sign in, and it will sync all those bookmarked songs and install them into your headset within a minute or so. Out of 104 songs, I think only 3 or 4 wouldn't work and that was because they had more advanced shit in them that relied on other mods that aren't able to be installed onto the Quest 2 yet. Whole process was super simple really.
Is this site the only (realistic) source? I searched through 70s, 80s and 90s songs and didn't see much. Maybe 40 total or so? Kept getting different results when I'd reload so I'm not sure if it's only showing me one page in each era or something.

I was hoping to find that someone made a map for this song, but haven't found it yet.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Is this site the only (realistic) source? I searched through 70s, 80s and 90s songs and didn't see much. Maybe 40 total or so? Kept getting different results when I'd reload so I'm not sure if it's only showing me one page in each era or something.

I was hoping to find that someone made a map for this song, but haven't found it yet.
That I'm not sure. When I installed the Quest version it used that site to find songs. Because it's linked with BMBF, I am thinking it might be the only one though.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
You could try BeatSaver but both sites are kinda shit, and I think grab from the same pool. IMO just use the general search on BeastSaber, the tags are kinda crap, and not well maintained. That song comes up right away: Tiesto & Sevenn – BOOM

For older stuff though, there's not a ton of it. Most of the people who play a shit load and make the maps are all like 20, so if you want anime/kpop/nightcore(?)/memes they got you covered. But if you want something pre-2010, there's a lot less choice.

I did stumble across these two mappers who make some older stuff, and are pretty accessible difficulty-wise.

Tech Butterfly
Majorpickle

Not sure they all work on Quest though. There's one for Kodachrome for example that has a lot of lighting/color stuff that might not work.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That I'm not sure. When I installed the Quest version it used that site to find songs. Because it's linked with BMBF, I am thinking it might be the only one though.
A lot of people that like beat saber like some fucking weird songs, so I'm hoping to find a big dump of songs for normies or something. That BOOM video I linked above, and the beat saber OST, is about as deep into the techno stuff as I normally want to go.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You could try BeatSaver but both sites are kinda shit, and I think grab from the same pool. IMO just use the general search on BeastSaber, the tags are kinda crap, and not well maintained. That song comes up right away: Tiesto & Sevenn – BOOM

For older stuff though, there's not a ton of it. Most of the people who play a shit load and make the maps are all like 20, so if you want anime/kpop/nightcore(?)/memes they got you covered. But if you want something pre-2010, there's a lot less choice.

I did stumble across these two mappers who make some older stuff, and are pretty accessible difficulty-wise.

Tech Butterfly
Majorpickle

Not sure they all work on Quest though. There's one for Kodachrome for example that has a lot of lighting/color stuff that might not work.
Thanks! I favorited a ton of shit from Majorpickle already. Didn't think to search by user. And thanks for finding BOOM. I searched for the artist and the title and nothing came up for me.

edit: holy jackpot
edit2: Can't believe Amos Moses was on there too. That's my dog's name...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people that like beat saber like some fucking weird songs, so I'm hoping to find a big dump of songs for normies or something. That BOOM video I linked above, and the beat saber OST, is about as deep into the techno stuff as I normally want to go.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users