VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

spronk

FPS noob
Remember. there are two versions of the PSVR package and its a big difference. The v1 units do not pass HDR or audio through the breakout boxes and the cables are more unwieldy (tangle). The Gran Turismo bundle, Playstation Worlds and base no-game bundle are both v1. The Skyrim and Doom bundles are v2. Not sure about others.

I got my $299 trial version from Sony today, gonna hook it up this weekend to try it out.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just picked up Skyrim VR have yet to try it. Never played thr original so it will be totally new. Played the Batman game the wife got me with it, was so so. Resident evil was good but made me want to barf so bad for some reason i had to buy a new chair.

Whats your thoughts on Gran turismo?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Did a single bridge crew mission with my boss- it's quite fun with real people, the new Watson voice commands for the cap make the AI slightly less- annoying.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Someone who took the plunge on Fallout 4 VR want to report in? Should I take the plunge on this shit?!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do not own a PS4 but I'm interested in trying out Skyrim and I don't want to wait a year so I can use my Oculus Rift. What deals should I be looking for around Christmas? A PS4 Pro and the Skyrim VR bundle? What should I pay for them?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ran out to Best Buy over lunch and got a PS4 pro, the skyrim VR bundle for $695 with tax. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Attog Attog I think you got a great price. I think the best price I've seen for each is ~$350 each, pro and PSVR.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Skyrim bundle and pro can be found for $350 each this time of year. Cheap route would be a regular PS4 ($200) and the 1st gen headset ($200) then buy skyrim separate. Game plays fine on ds4 so you don’t NEED the move controllers. It’s $700 vs 450 but if money isn’t an issue go for the best experience with the pro.

Edit: under 700 after tax was a great deal. Nice job

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I ran out to Best Buy over lunch and got a PS4 pro, the skyrim VR bundle for $695 with tax. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Make sure to grab the deal on the PS Plus sub. On sale now for $37-39 bucks digital code on Amazon. Unless you already had an original PS4 and PS Plus already. Some VR games which I believe are a must play: Blood Rush, Batman VR, Resident Evil 7. If you like experiences and want to have some family members over the holidays have some fun with it, I highly suggest the Apollo 11 VR experience and Mount Everest.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah there's a bunch of PSVR games on digital sale this week
Holiday Sale | Week 1 | Official PlayStation™Store US

i've got Driveclub VR, 100ft Robot Golf, End Space, and Solus Project in my cart and will checkout later, I've bought 10+ games over the last 2 months physically though too when they went on sale like Job Simulator, Star Trek, Playstation Worlds, Farpoint, etc. Got the $299 Skyrim bundle a few days ago and will finally hook up PSVR and try it out after the last jedi

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know if the old Move controllers from the PS3 work with the PSVR?

spronk

FPS noob
The move controllers you get with PSVR are exactly the same as the 7 year old PS3 move controllers, so yeah, they work just fine. They did a minor hardware refresh in Oct 2017 to replace the mini USB port on the move with micro USB (same as dualshock 4 now) but those move controllers are only available in Japan at the moment.

• 1Like