VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
On a scale of 1-10, how sweaty are you, and those who use it often? Shipping might be less with one of those flat rate boxes. Do any of these come close? Flat Rate | USPS.com
I've only sweated in that thing one time and wiped out down pretty well after because it grossed me out. Honestly ill bet it's gotten somewhere between 60 and 90 minutes of use.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I've only sweated in that thing one time and wiped out down pretty well after because it grossed me out. Honestly ill bet it's gotten somewhere between 60 and 90 minutes of use.
I'll offer $280 plus some part of shipping. Call it an even $300? I assume this is the 256gb model.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'll offer $280 plus some part of shipping. Call it an even $300? I assume this is the 256gb model.
No way buddy, 64gb.

I mean....that deal is way in my favor and I'll take it if you really want to, but I think you'd be getting dicked and essentially paying $280 for something you can get brand new for $350.
Well, I guess that's not horrible if you're the type to look for deals. Personally I'd rather pay an extra $70 for something brand new. Let me know.

1618860021752.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've bought from Bandwagon Bandwagon before and gave me a great deal and the laptop was like brand new. I'd say def go for it. Kinda sad he's taking a break from VR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is Samsung doing with their VR program? I still using the Odyssey Plus, and its great, but I havent heard anything about a new Samsung offering. They dont even sell the odyssey anymore do they?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
No way buddy, 64gb.

I mean....that deal is way in my favor and I'll take it if you really want to, but I think you'd be getting dicked and essentially paying $280 for something you can get brand new for $350.
Well, I guess that's not horrible if you're the type to look for deals. Personally I'd rather pay an extra $70 for something brand new. Let me know.

View attachment 349444
Oh. I thought you had the 256gb model for that price. I'll think about it, but $280 for a $299 thing isn't what I had in mind!

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've bought from Bandwagon Bandwagon before and gave me a great deal and the laptop was like brand new. I'd say def go for it. Kinda sad he's taking a break from VR.
Oh yea, I was trying to remember who bought the Surface.

And it's not really that I'm taking a break from VR....I'm just not going to be gaming much when the weather is nice and figured that if I sold this thing now without having lost too much, I could just pick up a new one (possibly next gen) when winter starts. Once the new [whatever] is announced, the resale price if the last one drops a ton. That's why I'm not super motivated to sell it.....I'll still play it occasionally and probably a lot more starting next winter.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Quest 2 bundles are $50 off at Newegg. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on one w/ strap, going to pack up my Vive and dump it on Facebook for whatever I can get for it w/ one bad lighthouse. Interested in how a couple of them run on the same wifi network (have a v1) and tinkering w/ some multiplayer.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quest 2 bundles are $50 off at Newegg. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on one w/ strap, going to pack up my Vive and dump it on Facebook for whatever I can get for it w/ one bad lighthouse. Interested in how a couple of them run on the same wifi network (have a v1) and tinkering w/ some multiplayer.

I mean I love mine. I need to get a battery pack.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I mean I love mine. I need to get a battery pack.

Your Vive or your Quest? Vive worked fine, but I need to replace a Lighthouse, and the Quest works so damn well wirelessly that there's largely no going back. If I need to buy more infrastructure to improve my VR setup I'd rather get another Unifi AP instead of a Lighthouse.

Ultimately all the rationalizations aligned w/ a combo discount at the right time and I'm moving on.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Your Vive or your Quest? Vive worked fine, but I need to replace a Lighthouse, and the Quest works so damn well wirelessly that there's largely no going back. If I need to buy more infrastructure to improve my VR setup I'd rather get another Unifi AP instead of a Lighthouse.

Ultimately all the rationalizations aligned w/ a combo discount at the right time and I'm moving on.
Quest 2

Stave

Potato del Grande
24 hour flash sale on Oculus Quest store today only. There's 15 games on sale about 30% off. Some decent ones in there.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So Airlink (Oculus's version of Virtual Desktop wireless streaming) has gone live and apparently people are saying it's even better than Virtual Desktop. Easier to use, less stutters, smoother, 120hz, and less compression artifacts. I'll probably try it out tomorrow if I get time to update my Quest 2. Oh and also, the 120hz is live as well and supported in some games already. Pretty impressive.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Airlink (Oculus's version of Virtual Desktop wireless streaming) has gone live and apparently people are saying it's even better than Virtual Desktop. Easier to use, less stutters, smoother, 120hz, and less compression artifacts. I'll probably try it out tomorrow if I get time to update my Quest 2. Oh and also, the 120hz is live as well and supported in some games already. Pretty impressive.
I’ll check it out tomorrow

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Im on the road. Can you doing it in the next room?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stave Stave hey I got the V28 installed on my Occ pc app but the headset still is on the older version. Do you know how to get this working?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sold my quest 2 to my friend's son last night, and I ended up giving my PSVR to my (poor) coworker and her wife too. I'm sure I'll get to play the quest 2 when they come over and he'll probably buy every game in the store anyways. Guessing ill end up picking up a new one at the end of fall.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Stave Stave hey I got the V28 installed on my Occ pc app but the headset still is on the older version. Do you know how to get this working?
The update is regional rollout, but if you connect to your phone's hotspot for the wifi and then reboot and search for update, it can find it. If not, try connecting to a VPN if you have one set up on your phone. I was able to get the update this way on mine. Just remember to reboot between each try.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The update is regional rollout, but if you connect to your phone's hotspot for the wifi and then reboot and search for update, it can find it. If not, try connecting to a VPN if you have one set up on your phone. I was able to get the update this way on mine. Just remember to reboot between each try.
Ah ok so if I don't do anything (like I don't have much time for VR this month with work) it'll eventually just come to the plebs?